Keep Texans Talk Google Ad Free!
Venmo Tip Jar | Paypal Tip Jar
Thanks for your support! 🍺😎👍

Carr in the 4th quarter

dalemurphy

Hall of Fame
Vinny, it's time to acknowledge his growth. David Carr is the real deal and has been absolutely exceptional late in games this year. Let's hear you acknowledge it now. (I saw in another thread that you criticized his play today that he was locking on to the same receiver too often)- Funny how it's generally guys that are open and single covered that he's "locking" on to.

I am just glad Vinny can't say "well the next time the Texans score 30 points or Carr throws 3 Td's will be the first." :blah: Congrats to DC for his first 3 TD game. :bowdown: I just want to see Vinny type "The Texans have scored 30 points and DC has thrown 3 TD's."

dalemurphy said:
Vinny, it's time to acknowledge his growth. David Carr is the real deal and has been absolutely exceptional late in games this year. Let's hear you acknowledge it now. (I saw in another thread that you criticized his play today that he was locking on to the same receiver too often)- Funny how it's generally guys that are open and single covered that he's "locking" on to.
Read the thread again. I don't need to apologize for saying "a pass was bad" or he was locking on to one player in a sequence of plays. I think I also said "a pass was good" (or something to that effect) in that same thread. I can comment on an individual play if I choose. I was relaying the game to the people who could not see it and I am not a homer who just states that our players can do no wrong. If it will make you happy, I will state the obvious. Carr was lights out today. I just comment on the games. I think you guys confuse what I do when I make game comments. I've never once said he wouldn't develop. I just throw out my game takes. Good, bad or ugly. Carr just gets alot of attention cause he is the QB. I'll continue to be frank about what I see.

Carr plays better when he stops looking for the rinky dink checkdowns. When DD is removed from the gameplan Carr finds other (more successfull) options to move the ball. He is definitely a mature passer this year. He's not making as many mistakes, and he's making alot of big plays. I'm glad he's on my fantasy team. :)

I have him too but I benched him today for Pennington because I didnt know how Davis would affect him...

I'm not into anything fantasy (except maybe the Texans' cheerleaders), but I'm guessing that's a bad move..... idonno:

Carr has definitely made immense strides this year. I don't know if it's (I hate to use the word, but I will) conservative play calling early, but if he can put together a 1st quarter like he does a 4th quarter this team will be something special. He gets happy feet at times. Most likely memories of the 76 sacks. He and Johnson are getting a wonderful rapport.

carr is a better qb than he was last year. keep this up and he is gonna be really good for a long time.

DC Leads the NFL in Yards Per Attempt (9.17) Second is D. Culpepper @ 8.94
11th in Completion % ( 64.0% ) First is D. Culpepper @ 72.7% ( thats insane) , there are 4 other QB's between 64.0 and 64.8%
11th in TD% ( 4.7% ) Tops in this category is P. Manning @ 8.9% ,
18th in INT% ( 2.7% ) K. Warner and D . Culpepper lead this category @ 0.7%
Those are the stats i think are best to show what kind of season a QB is having and considering those DC is by far having his best season to date.(this with some suspect gameplans / playcalling) not to mention DC is Second in Overall Pasing Yards (1375) trailing only M. Bulger @ 1426 , (and those guy's throw on just about every down) .

DC and the Texans will be getting the attention and respect from the rest of the NFL that they deserve.The comeback from a big defecit shows what character this team has and plenty of potential.If we could play only the 4h quarter we,d be unbeatable. :thumbup

Simply put, Carr was awesome and he has put two good games together. All he needs to do (or the coaches need to allow him to do) is put two good halves together.

Chance_C said:
I'm not into anything fantasy (except maybe the Texans' cheerleaders), but I'm guessing that's a bad move..... idonno:
yeah it was, there was a 20 point difference between Pennington and Carr and I will lose by 2 points if the Tennesse defense doesnt do anything...

Back