Carr has trade value? YEAH. RIGHT!

Discussion in 'Texans Talk' started by Marcus, Mar 1, 2007.

1. Marcus

Marcus Ruthless pragmatist

With John Lopez writing a column in today's Chronicle calling Carr the team's albatross?

With Dunta saying "Carr must go" on Cold Pizza, a nationally televised program?

With Eric Moulds' parting shot that Carr needs to go?

The very same people who want Carr gone, actually think he can be traded for what? A 2nd, or 3rd, or 4th, or 5th round draft pick? Some need to face reality that Carr's trade value is ZERO with all the public crucifiction of Carr that is taking place.

The other team's GMs don't live in a vacuum, folks.

2. STEEL BLUE TEXANS

STEEL BLUE TEXANS Hall of Fame

All it takes is one GM dumb enough to buy into the idea that David Carr is a good player.

Sincerely,
    Phillip Buchanan and Todd Wade

3. TexanSam

TexanSam Hall of Fame

*cough*Al Davis*cough*

4. Navy_Chris

Navy_Chris All Pro

nice signature. haha. With the Vikings' release of Brad Johnson, that MAY be an indicator that Minnesota's ready to make their move for David Carr.
    I doubt they're going to want Tarvaris Jackson and Brooks Bollinger to be the only 2 competing in camp.

5. Doom Capers

Doom Capers Veteran

Hahaha

6. TEXANRED

TEXANRED Texan-American

Maybe Cass will get a GM job before the draft. Carr could get us a 1st, 2nd, 3rd, and swap 4th's.

Hey Lopez does read this MB, I did call it Bloody Wednesday.

Your welcome John.

7. Marcus

Marcus Ruthless pragmatist

So what do we have here? Wishful thinking that there's a dumb GM out there? lol:

In the end, don't be pissed if they cut Carr without getting anything for him. Or, more likely, don't be pissed if they have to keep him because they can't get anything for him.

8. 2BCF

2BCF Hall of Fame

Nah, Carr's value is low due solely to his performance on the field.

9. Navy_Chris

Navy_Chris All Pro

Can I play QB next season?

10. STEEL BLUE TEXANS

STEEL BLUE TEXANS Hall of Fame

Someone get Matt Millen on the phone and find Rick Smith some of David Carr's college highlight reels.

11. Navy_Chris

Navy_Chris All Pro

Does one exist?

12. humbleone

humbleone Veteran

Exactly right. If ever there was a time to "say nothing if you can't say something positive" this would be it. Sadly, we are way past that wisdom with some people.

On the plus side, there are voices out there in the media that still like DC and are pumping him up a bit. For example, Mike Golic this morning on ESPN2 Mike and Mike said..."I like David Carr, he is still a young guy with a ton of talent that maybe did not develop as much as you would have liked but I like him a lot". They may not be the exact quote but I think it is pretty close.

13. real

real Guest

People have ego's..Coaches in general seem to have huge ego's.

There will be someone out there that thinks that they can be the one to "turn David around."

Outside of Houston in other markets, the general thought seems to be that David Carr is a good QB on a bad team.

14. 2BCF

2BCF Hall of Fame

Finally, that check cleared weeks ago.

15. HuttoKarl

HuttoKarl Hall of Fame

It is close and I agree with him. The alternatives out there are what? Old Trent Green, Brad Johnson, Jeff Garcia, Jake Plummer??? The only one out of the bunch I'd be ok with is Garcia, but he's just a finger in the dike, which according to many here is basically what Carr would be. Why not just stand pat with Carr, who's younger and obviously durable, pray he has a better season with some more talent on the line in front of him and then reassess his trade value.

I'm all for drafting a QB this season...Edwards from Stanford, Beck, Zabransky...any of them seem to have the tools to be good NFL QB's and will likely be available past the third round, giving us opportunity to get a few good players before concentrating on a backup.

16. Second Honeymoon

Second Honeymoon Hall of Fame

Carr sucks and always has sucked. He is not a finger in the dike. He is a festering boil on the back of our team. Lance that damn thing and kick his arse back to California. There is a reason no one wants the guy. He sucks.....and his contract is just stupid thanks to McNair and his infatuation with his cabana boy.

What has Carr EVER done? Nothing but lose football games and be an albatross around the neck of this franchise. He is a loser. Period.

The saddest thing about him being a loser is that he doesnt even do anything about it. More time in the film room? More time in the practice field? A rededication to his craft?

Nope that would infere with the priorities in his life....his family and his faith. Football is #3. It is just a job to him. Well that aint good enough and it never has been so he needs to take his candy arse and his gravy training family and get the hell out of our city.

Screw you Carr and the horse you rode in on

17. ledzeppelin229

ledzeppelin229 Hall of Fame

At this point letting Carr move on is benefit enough. It's obviously not working out here. Since I consider it addition by subtraction, anything extra in the form of a draft pick is gravy.

18. texans83

texans83 All Pro

I bet the Vickings are getting ready to make a trade offer, I just hope the front office is smart enough to take it. I like Carr but its time for both parties to go diffrent directions.

19. Vinny

Vinny shiny happy fan Staff Member

They have made an offer supposedly but it was crumbs.

20. Malloy

Malloy Site Contributor

I like crumbs...