Carr @ Fresno State Bowl games!

Discussion in 'Texans Talk' started by LuvYaTexans, Aug 28, 2004.

1. LuvYaTexans

LuvYaTexans Rookie

Was researching info on D.Carr on the Fresno State web sight, when I came across these bowl game stats. Looks like to me, Carr threw for some pretty impresive stats during his two bowl games at Fresno State. He's got it in him to do some amazing things, I think he's just on the edge...of showing us here in Houston just what's underneath all that hair! haha

Click the links for the entire articles.

This was the info on the first Bowl game, the year before in 2000. Carr threw 5 touchdown passes and almost pulled off an amazing comback finish. Intersting...hope he does that for us this year, or in the years to come as he gets more and more comfortable in the NFL. Thought it was interesting info about our QB, wanted to pass it on if it is of interest to any of ya'll. It's a nice look into his capabilities, I think. :thumbup

2. bad

bad Veteran

I was in the stands for about half the games Carr played at Bulldog Stadium. Everyone here knew right away he was at another level. His poise and maturity was obviously above the ordinary and a great complement to his physical tools.

I can't wait for Capers to open up the passing game so NFL fans can see for themselves what a cannon that young man has.

I can guarantee you this, fellow Texans fans - David Carr will never quit on you.

:twocents:

3. Ibar_Harry

Ibar_Harry Hall of Fame

The mystry for this year is the defense and not the offense. I have a feeling the Denver game is going to be a good indication of what the year is going to be like. In David's last year at Fresno it was simply could Fresno outscore the oposition, because the defense wasn't going to hold anyone down. I think we have that possibility with the Texans this year. I think we are going to surprise a lot of people with our offense this year. I suspect we will be in several shoot outs this year. David is beginning to show the maturity that's required in the NFL which comes with time played. I think this year's offense will become our best defense, because if we are in the lead it will pressure the other team into making mistakes. I look for a miserable year defensively. I think the injury bug will be in force again this year. We will have to draft a number of new young defensive players inorder to destroy the injury bug. Until then all we can do is hope.