Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Carr for Plummer straight up?

I wouldn't even hesitate. I'd trade Carr to the Bucs for a tuna salad sandwhich straight up and that's not even with the fancy tuna salad. I'd trade him for that junk with just canned tuna and mayo. I'd do it if the thing came on Wonder Bread.

Id rather have plummer starting here than Carr.. no doubt about that. But I wouldnt trade straight up. Carr has alot of potential still, and Plummer is at the end of his career.

And really, if you look at both of them, Plummer is not head and shoulders above Carr. A better QB, sure, at this point.. but Plummer aint gonna be around much longer and Carr still has 7-10 years in him where he could grow to be great.

So, no.. I wouldnt trade straight up.

Brady Quinn throws today at the first ND pro-day . If he looks good then the Texans can bluff saying ... screw it keep Garcia and Plummer we'll go with Sage and draft a QB.

Add this to Jakes gonna retire and Plummer loses value quickly .

Would you trade Carr to the Bucs for Plummer straight up?

No, I would draft Jordan Palmer, and let him develop for 2 years and use Sage as our starter. It is going to take a couple of years to "fill in the blanks" on this team anyway so why not let Kubiak develope a QB for those 2 years while we build a team.......notice I didn't say "re" build.

Carr to the Broncos for Plummer straight up, might have worked. They need a back up.

Tampa has no such need now. To get Plummer from Tampa, we'll have to give them something else. Most likely a conditional '08 pick will suffice, since that is what they will owe Denver.

Yes, I'd do it. The trade prospects for Carr don't seem to be materializing, so I would gladly take an upgrade at the position in exchange for him.

Plummer is horrible. I know it's hard to believe it, but he was worse than Carr. I'd rather have the young bad player then the old bad player. Atleast Carr still has a little tiny bit of hope left. Jake Plummer has already reached his full potential and is just going downhill from here, even though it is hard to believe he can get worse. I'd rather just get a draft pick for Carr, start Sage, and draft a young QB with that pick to teach under Sage.

Plummer is horrible. I know it's hard to believe it, but he was worse than Carr. I'd rather have the young bad player then the old bad player. Atleast Carr still has a little tiny bit of hope left. Jake Plummer has already reached his full potential and is just going downhill from here, even though it is hard to believe he can get worse. I'd rather just get a draft pick for Carr, start Sage, and draft a young QB with that pick to teach under Sage.

Personal feelings aside, how is a guy who took a horrible Cardinal team to the playoffs and a win and who has won under Kubiak worse than Carr?Please explain.

As far as the question posed in the thread title: In a New York minute.

But what would Gruden want with Carr when he has Garcia, Simms, and Gradkowski? Maybe the QB coach ego games

But, as I channel Evel Knievel in his rant against Bob Truax ... in the immortal words of that egotistical little bastard Charley Casserly after he drafted Dave Ragone (or was it Drew Henson...), "you can never have enough quarterbacks."

NO !!!! Plummer is not an upgrade at that position, we would be trading an young mobile QB for an old one!!!

I think Plummer is an upgrade .... and you have to remember the mindset of this team (DROB's comments on cold pizza) I don't think he should have said that to the media but it's done and we can't change it now!

NO !!!! Plummer is not an upgrade at that position, we would be trading an young mobile QB for an old one!!!

How come we keep hearing about this mobility but he can't seem to use it and they are still trying to figure out how to get him in the shotgun?

I recall that it was Casserly defending the Ragone pick on sports talk radio in the following days after the '03 draft ...

well this trade purposal doesn't matter anymore...jake plummer just filed his retirement papers per kffl.com

Buccaneers | Plummer announces retirement, files paperwork
Sat, 3 Mar 2007 23:42:25 -0800

Stephen Holder, of the St. Petersburg Times, reports Tampa Bay Buccaneers QB Jake Plummer has announced his retirement. Plummer filed his paperwork for retirement Friday, March 2, but the process is not complete. Plummer posted a message on his charitable foundation's website saying his decision was final. "I want to thank my family and close friends for their loyal support through these fun-filled, roller-coaster years. Secondly, I owe all of my greatest achievements in football to the men who stood by me as teammates and coaches. Football has been awesome to me in many ways. I leave the game with my health and happiness and look forward to the future. I've got many rivers to cross."

:winky:
I think Plummer is an upgrade .... and you have to remember the mindset of this team (DROB's comments on cold pizza) I don't think he should have said that to the media but it's done and we can't change it now!

I think DROB is a great CB but I also think the defence should talk about defence ( they were not exactly stopping everybody from scoring) When defence did what it did against buffalo (back to back 83 yd td passes) they should concentrating on what they can do to stop that. Our DB was weak as a whole and DROB was part of that. I like him but these are the facts,he has things IMO he needs to be talking about, other than slamming a teamate on the other side of the ball. I never heard him be critical of the other DB , why not point that out as well. If he whats to be critical of an area of the team, then IMO he needs to in an area thats without blame and thats not the case!!!

Jake can un-retire. It's not like the teams can't talk any more - it's just that the Bucs now own his rights instead of Denver so any deals would have to be made with them.

Tampa has essentially forced Oakland to pick a QB #1. ANd there's no way that Tampa would be party to any trade that would send a QB to Oakland. Gruden wants Calvin.

It sounds like Smith is not willing to part with draft picks, and that's a good thing.

There is an '08 conditional pick between Denver and Tampa that's in the mix and someone would have to send that pick to Denver if Plummer plays in '07. And unfortunately, Houston would have to send something pretty sweet to Tampa to trigger any un-retirement.

Jake can un-retire. It's not like the teams can't talk any more - it's just that the Bucs now own his rights instead of Denver so any deals would have to be made with them.

on page c-17 of today's chronicle:

...the team [Bucs] said it did not acquire his [plummer's] rights with the idea of trading him.

As I understand it, the big hangup with moving Carr is a potentail trading partners reluctance to assume his existing contract and not what the Texans are willing to accept on their end ?
But Carr as the Texans starter this Fall would be radioactive, and yet neither can the team pay him that contract as a back-up.
This is not going to be a pretty scene for Bob McNair.

on page c-17 of today's chronicle: the team [Bucs] said it did not acquire his [plummer's] rights with the idea of trading him.

Today's Chronicle also said that Ashley Lelie was at the Rockets game last night -- while Lelie was in SF counting his new 49er money.

The Bucs would entertain anything (after the draft and they have Calvin) if the price was right.

As I understand it, the big hangup with moving Carr is a potentail trading partners reluctance to assume his existing contract and not what the Texans are willing to accept on their end ?
But Carr as the Texans starter this Fall would be radioactive, and yet neither can the team pay him that contract as a back-up.
This is not going to be a pretty scene for Bob McNair.

That's the reason why I'll be shocked if Smith can work a trade for Carr. Another team might have an interest in seeing what Carr can do as QB for their team, but not at his current contract.

They are in Catch-22 if I ever saw one. They can keep him, and incur the wrath of fans and media to the point that it will be a major distraction to the team, or . . .

. . . they can deal with him like they did with Sharper and Glenn. Allow him to seek his own trade with another team, and if not successful, release him. But in doing so, they are admitting they made a mistake in extending him. It'd be hard for me to imagine them doing that.

As for Bob McNair, he made that bed, let him sleep in it. The decision to extend Carr, and the choice for who to take with the first pick in the draft is made by nobody else but the owner of the team. There's no way I could be convinced any differently.

3rd RD watch for Stanton.

As for now...Carr will stay or maybe a trade for a #3 to get 4 picks in the top 3 rds.

1- RB/OL
2- RB/OL/DL Whatever they don't take 1st

3- WR or QB/CB/S
3(2)- WR or QB

4th- WR

5th- OL/DL/CB/S
6th- OL/DL/CB/S
7th- OL/DL/S/CB

Tampa has essentially forced Oakland to pick a QB #1. ANd there's no way that Tampa would be party to any trade that would send a QB to Oakland. Gruden wants Calvin.

It sounds like Smith is not willing to part with draft picks, and that's a good thing.

There is an '08 conditional pick between Denver and Tampa that's in the mix and someone would have to send that pick to Denver if Plummer plays in '07. And unfortunately, Houston would have to send something pretty sweet to Tampa to trigger any un-retirement.

This Plummer thing stinks. He must have really said something to Shanahan to upset him. I don't think for a second that both Denver and Tampa didn't know they were forcing Plummers hand into retirement. Surely there must have been some whispers in Denver that he would retire if traded. If Tampa didn't expect it, why were they within hours of signing Garcia?

Back