Carr Facts...

Discussion in 'Texans Talk' started by DRAMA, Nov 8, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DRAMA

DRAMA All Pro

Let's look at the facts -

Carr missed Dre for the first down - period. Watch the replays....he was there - no LB, no safety, no nada....

That's called a BAD decision.

The bad decision came at the most crucial time - period! Although it was a good throw, big deal. It was the WRONG throw. Wrong moves are mistakes. Mistakes cost you football games. The throw was riskier thus making it a harder catch thus making it too risky on a fourth down when the game is on the line. You don't make those mistakes and win. Again, mistakes cost you games.

Carr makes too many mistakes - period. So does Bradford, the ENTIRE OL, Coleman, Buchanon, and Babin. Pendry was getting on Carr because of the bad read.

Pbuc was benched
    Babin was benched
    OL guys were moved and benched
    Bradford has been cut AND benched.
    Carr? Anyone??? Bueller? Bueller?

Cannon arms are sweet. Mistakes are terrible because why class? They cost you games! Bradford dropping it was irrelevant because:

Bradford should not be playing anyway (Coach mistake)
    Bradford should'nt be a Texan (Casserly mistake)
    Bradford should not have been a legit option on a crucial play (Coach mistake)
    Bradford should not have been looked at (Carr mistake)
    Johnson should have ran that route with Gaffney underneath (Coach mistake)
    Carr panics (OL mistake)
    Carr doesn't read the D correctly (OL and CARR mistake)
    Bradford drops it (Bradford mistake)

Mistake after mistake is why we're 1-16...err....1-7. Mistakes are controlled by coaching! Players are controlled by mistakes and players can be cut! Therefore mistakes can be eliminated!

It's seriously frustrating to hear we played well this week. MY GOD! No! We did NOT play well. We had one of our 21 out-pattern pass plays broken for TD. That's 1 all season. That does not constitute playing well. Coach Capers talking about heart and passion but lack of execution does not mean we played well. We didn't and DON'T play well. For whatever reason, we are not a good football team. I personally believe it's mistakes. I don't feel the talent level is that different on any team. It's the smart guys who are talented and DON'T make mistakes are the ones who win. They just happen to be coached by men who DO NOT allow mistakes to be made. Then again...maybe it's justy me and I'm a frustrated fan!

Aka - Doc Rocket

2. kenneth24

kenneth24 Veteran

Andre stopped on the route. FACT! :brickwall

3. beerlover

beerlover Site Contributor

I'll agree with that :brickwall

4. infantrycak

infantrycak Mod. Staff Member

Did you see where the safety and LB were when Carr made his read on AJ?

5. DRAMA

DRAMA All Pro

AJ was open - watch the tape. Pendry was on him BECAUSE AJ was open. the play was to AJ.

And yes, AJ stopped......at 12 yards! know what that's called? First down! You know what that means? 4 more plays!

:hairpull:

6. infantrycak

Try answering the question--where were the safety and the LB at the moment Carr made his read?

7. DRAMA

DRAMA All Pro

Not in the play....

8. ArlingtonTexan

ArlingtonTexan Moderator Staff Member

The funniest thing to me is that Carr is getting business for making a perfect pass in the hands of a WR who dropped the ball. The point of the game is score TDs not first downs.

9. Runner

Runner Hubcap Diamond Staff Member

That turns out not to be the case. The reason that Pendry was on him was the previous sack.

10. PapaL

PapaL Loose Screw

Here's a better question, why isnt your #1 WR running a deep route on that play? Everyone is fixating on the "improper" read, I'm wondering why AJ wasnt running Bradfords route.

11. infantrycak

Ummm, wrong. The safety had his hand on AJ as they were travelling right to left approaching the LB as Carr looked to AJ. Seeing that he looked to Bradford, saw him open and threw the ball. You can see his head turn from AJ to Bradford in the tape.

12. Texans Horror

Texans Horror Hall of Fame

The way Dre was playing in the last quarter, he looked wiped. This was a big concern. He was playing (like Wand) like a guy who hasn't been in the game for a while (for Seth, about nine months). I haven't graded the tape yet, but I remember Dre either missed the route or came up way short. We may want him to be the go-to guy in this situation, but not this day. He wasn't the guy to go to.

13. TexanBearkat

TexanBearkat Rookie

I like the fact that Pendry will get on Carr's case and not just say, 'Aw shucks we'll try to do better next time.' I'm still a big fan of Carr's and believe he can be a very good QB. The days of treating him with kid gloves should certainly be over.

14. infantrycak

Exactly--like this team has been so consistant in its performance otherwise that the odds of a one strike TD to an open WR were lower than the odds of AJ getting the 1st down and the Texans marching 30 more yds for a TD in :35 seconds.

15. ArlingtonTexan

As roles go, Bradford is classified as the "deep threat"

16. eriadoc

eriadoc Texan-American

Nice post here by Infantrycak, reviewing the game from his tape/Tivo - http://www.houstontexans.com/fan_zone/messageboards/showthread.php?t=14295

The pertinent part, snipped for your convenience -

":54 4th & 9 4 WR-3R, shotgun. :52 the ball is out, incomplete to Bradford. Pass protection good. Bradford is very open—hardly qualifies as double coverage as Deion Grant is so far away from play. Carr looks AJ 1st—at the time of the look, one Jag has hand on AJ and they are moving right to left approaching a LB. Carr then looks to Bradford and throws. AJ comes open after Carr’s head turns to Bradford. Looks like AJ comes open as the two Jags tangle on each other a little. Predominant fault Bradford."

The anti-Carr agenda wouldn't be as tired if it were lobbied with a bit more objectivity.

17. Runner

Runner Hubcap Diamond Staff Member

Double exactly - the only place I've seen anyone question the decision/throw has been on this board. The coaches publicly acknowledge the fault was Bradford's.

18. DRAMA

DRAMA All Pro

I understand that there were people 'around him' as there were people 'around' Bradford - two of them actually but you throw the ball to the spot not the player. When AJ turns and hooks by 1 yard after running full speed, that guy's beat. Granted, it's only by a couple of steps but he's beat and is not in the play as considered by a QB making a 'read' on a pass. Otherwise, no one would ever be open because someone is always within 5 yards of the WR. But as an old QB, (Emphasis on QB not old), seeing my WR running the right route, that Safety can in no way make a play on that. IMO, he's in no shape to make a play. At the point he's riding him, the defender has no idea the little curl's coming. He's there and then he's not.

The pass to CB was a helluva pass and this post does not mean drop Carr. I want Carr to have an OL and then have judgement passed. My contention is that mistakes are the culprit and we see Bradford as the mistake on this play when I see it being Carr. Again, it's not personal against DC. I want DC to show he can 'read' - I want that but it's hard for him to do anything when a great game still contains 6 sacks.

More than anything I just want some change and a new direction. However, I still think Carr can lead that change.

19. TheOgre

TheOgre Hall of Fame

Bottom line is that no matter how perfect that pass was, it is still a low completion percentage pass. On 4th down, your job as QB is to keep the drive alive. Why attempt a pass into double-coverage that is a 1 in 3 shot AT BEST? Throw in the fact that it was to Bradford, and it truly begs the question. Meanwhile you have some shorter options that have a much higher chance of keeping the drive alive to give the team a chance to win. Basically Carr struck out swinging when he only needed a single to keep the rally going.

20. ArlingtonTexan

I would argue that you have to make that throw 100 out 100 times. (Even if you think that Bradford is 50-50 to catch it)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.