Carr.......Carr.......Carr.......

Discussion in 'Texans Talk' started by lod01, Nov 30, 2005.

1. lod01

lod01 Practice Squad

Everytime the dude takes a snap, that is all i can think. If any of you watched the Sunday night game a few weeks ago, it was one of the announcers that made that statememnt at the snap of the ball one play. It was hilarious. Just say it in a normal manner.

Carr.......Carr......Carr.....

Like 3+ seconds.

that is how much time the dude had and he still could not do anything but try and run with it. Was anyone open, of course. He just couldn't scan the field. Carr.......Carr......Carr......

Now watching Manning Monday night, you can see that within 2 seconds, the ball is out of his hands into a receivers. Can Carr do that? nope. Manning was doing it just about every pass. Hence I blame Carr and not the line. They are blocking sufficiently for him to get rid of the ball. He just can't get it done.

Elite likes this.
  2. SheTexan

SheTexan Site Contributor

Geeeezzzzz! Just what we need, another bash Carr thread!! How many do we have now Vinny?? My guess is about, NEVERMIND, don't think I can count that far today!

Elite likes this.
  3. El Tejano

El Tejano Hall of Fame

Well, to chip into this debate, I think one needs to look at the formation Carr deals with the majority of the time. He only has two WRs, his TE have to stay in to help, the defense only has to rush the front four leaving 7 people in coverage to cover 2 WR, and a rb that slips out from the back field.

Manning gets two TE running routes, 3 WR and a great running game that can catch the ball also.

Elite likes this.
  4. Double Barrel

Double Barrel Modified Simian

Imagine that, our QB is not as good as Peyton Manning.

hmmmmm...I'd speculate that 30 other teams have the same problem.... :hmmm:

Elite likes this.
  5. barzilla

barzilla Veteran

Can we also talk about the quality of these players? Even if our TEs went out for routes, none of them can get separation even on a LB. Our second WR is really a good third WR. Our best third WR is on the bench because our coaches can't figure out that all he does is catch everything thrown his way and the guy who has been starting all four years has caught barely enough balls for one good season. Yet, management decided he deserved a contract. :crying:

If this team would glue Bradford's *** on the bench and put Armstrong in with Gaffney (whoa! a 3 WR set) then Carr would have choices. If he blows it then, start looking elsewhere, but give the guy a chance in a real offense first.

6. Sportsfan

Sportsfan All Pro

word :thumbup

7. HJam72

HJam72 Hall of Fame

Hey!!! Maybe we can trade Carr for Peyton Manning and 5 or 6 first round picks. :)

8. HJam72

HJam72 Hall of Fame

1. Capers
    2. Casserly
    3. Fangio
    4. Pendry

That pretty much sums it up.

9. Kaiser Toro

Kaiser Toro Native Mod

That is a funny avatar.

10. HJam72

HJam72 Hall of Fame

Nobody knows because we don't know who's going to be in charge.

11. ArlingtonTexan

ArlingtonTexan Moderator Staff Member

What the masses have even gotten tired of the Carr debate???

12. billtxus

billtxus Rookie

Yea its all Carr's fault. That's why a rookie from Harvard was able to score 10 points in 35 seconds on Sunday.

To me it matters little who the QB is right now. There are so many problems with this team.

Chicago is going to the playoffs with a rookie QB no one heard of before the season began. Why? Because both their O-line an D-line are great.

Im sure your solution is to draft Linert #1, and then the problems will all be solved.

ANYONE could play QB for the Texans right now and they would still suck, so why waste another draft pick on one, until the rest of the team is fixed. Might as well not give Carr the $8M, and let Banks play until the rest of the team starts to perform, then they can get a QB when it will matter.

13. Double Barrel

Double Barrel Modified Simian

Speaking of funny avatars, I've been meaning to compliment yours. Funny as all get out...if a little gross. :D

Back OT...yeah, Carr....all that jazz... *yawn* :texflag:

14. Napa Auto Parts

Napa Auto Parts Hall of Fame

They Wouldnt want a failure by failure i mean has not gotten done to date. like Carr we might have to give about our next 15st rounders and they will make us keep Carr:texflag:

15. thunderkyss

thunderkyss Salem Poor

Couple of things.

put Carr in Mannings place, and you'd be amazed what he could do.
    put Manning in Carr's place, and you'd be amazed what he could do.

Peyton is in a league all his own.
    But while you were watching the Colts, did you notice they have no fullback?? they Run one back, 2 wides, and two TEs on almost every play. Their wide recievers are great, in that they can catch a ball that is thrown to them. Just like that first 80 yard strike to Harris, it wasn't because he ran such a good route, or that he's that much faster than everybody else on the field. He was open, because of the scheme of the play they called. And Peyton recognizing what the corner was doing. When the play was designed, they had an idea about what they wanted the corner to do. He bit, hook line and sinker.

16. Goldeagle

Goldeagle Hall of Fame

oh brother

17. Napa Auto Parts

Napa Auto Parts Hall of Fame

I hate all you Carr haters David Carr is just as good as peyton manning and Better than Carson Palmer if david had and O-line we would be undefeated.:sarcasm:

I wonder if Palmer was a product of the system in USC as well like Leinart he cant be an:texflag: y good it has to be the system right.

Elite likes this.
  18. mancunian

mancunian Daleks Rule

United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Irela

29 - Patriots fans would argue that Tom Brady is a better QB than Manning .....3 SB's, 2 SB MVP's and a 9 -0 play off record.

You know I'll be hoping that either the Jags or Seahawks beat them - I'd like to see the smile wiped off the smug Colt faces.

19. mancunian

mancunian Daleks Rule

United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Irela

Even P Manning would struggle behind our O-Line - 4 years we've done virtually nothing with it yet we're still giving up sacks like they're out of fashion.
    Even when we have a decent O-line it will take Carr time to feel comfortable, anyone would be a little jumpy if they had been sacked 200+ times in 4 years. That'll take time to wear off.

20. thague

thague Rookie

Granted, this season when Carr has been under intense pressure the entire year, his stats have not been that good..., however last season when he was sacked less than 50 times, which is still a lot... he put up vey solid numbers 3500+ yards 61% completion percentage and 16TD... give him a damn line and get another weapon around him... (BUSH BUSH BUSH) and he could be a legit threat for 4000 yards