Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Carr Cancels

Ibar_Harry

All Pro
I don't know whether any of you have reported it, but Carr has cancelled his trip to Fresno for the retirement of his jersey and a speech to the QB club tomorrow. Its too bad since a lot of people had planned on this for a long time. He's still a fan favorite here.

Ibar_Harry said:
I don't know whether any of you have reported it, but Carr has cancelled his trip to Fresno for the retirement of his jersey and a speech to the QB club tomorrow. Its too bad since a lot of people had planned on this for a long time. He's still a fan favorite here.

Is that where you live, Ibar? Fresno, I mean?

Ibar,

I am sure that it has to do with the change in practice schedule for the Texans. Tuesdays are normally a day off. Between the hurricane evacuation and the poor performance of the team, Carr has been put in a place where he can't afford to miss at this time.

As you have even stated in the past, Carr is a class act that would not stiff anyone if it could be avoided.

Ibar_Harry said:

I was going to go. :(

Originally Posted by Marcus
Is that where you live, Ibar? Fresno, I mean?

Ibar_Harry said:
Yes, I do and have watched many a game over the years. Was the official scorer for some years too.

. :hmmm: . . that's interesting.

You're pretty well known around this MB for creating threads/posts that are highly critical of management/coaching/staff. But I don't seem to remember any that you've written that criticizes any of the players . . . one from Fresno in particular.

Not that I'm questioning your objectivity, or anything like that. :rolleyes:

_______________________________-

Carr had quite a few accomplishments in college. But really, retiring his number?
I was thinking the exact same thing, Huge. I didn't follow Carr that well in college, so perhaps I am missing something. Just what is it exactly that warrents them retiring his number? Is Fresno really that desperate for retired jersey numbers or something?

thegr8fan said:
I was thinking the exact same thing, Huge. I didn't follow Carr that well in college, so perhaps I am missing something. Just what is it exactly that warrents them retiring his number? Is Fresno really that desperate for retired jersey numbers or something?

Come on guys, DC is not shaping up to be another Elway but nevertheless this is Fresno State and not Notre Dame. Its kind of a big deal for them
when one of its most renowned players ever also is taking #1 overall in the NFL college Draft and plays several years as a starter @ QB in the pros.

That makes a little bit of sense to me. And when you factor in the other numbers that have been retired:

Dale Messer #21
Vince Petrucci #14
Henry Ellard #83
Kevin Sweeney #No. 9

It shows their standards aren't quite as high as other football factories (honestly, Ellard's should be the only one to have been retired).

But still, Trent Dilfer was the 6th overall pick in '94. He's won a Super Bowl. They have not retired his number.

Basically I just get the idea that having his number retired gives more ammo to those that think Carr is more style than substance.

Back