Carr Bomb? | HPF

Discussion in 'Texans Talk' started by Wolf, Oct 5, 2005.

1. Wolf

Wolf 100% Texan

http://www.houstonprofootball.com/slant/slant60.html

Ric makes a lot of sense.. They have to know at the end of this year if Carr is the man or not or the franchise possibly be in salary cap hades for paying a guy that isn't getting it done. Well done article IMO

2. beerlover

beerlover Site Contributor

I would love to see Ric Sweeney or any forum member for that matter to put themselves in David Carr's shoes and see how well they would respond with 250-300 pounders barreling just as hard and fast as they can to squish the beer guts out of you from all directions :sumo:

If anyone is benched its Riley, then Wade then take your pick of the rest of the offensive line :brickwall

3. CajunTexan

CajunTexan Veteran

Good article, good post. I too am pulling for Carr. Sitting him may be the only way to see, but it would be hard to justify right now as Carrs numbers have improved with each game and his "game presence" was much better this week. Now, if he has a bad half or game anywhere down the line, it should be an easy call.

It would also be very tough on Banks or "little Dave," who get very few reps in practise, to be thown into this fray. :texflag:

4. Vinny

Vinny shiny happy fan Staff Member

If you read the article he is suggesting a way to show the football world that it may not be David Carr...but the team that is problematic.

5. lucky13

lucky13 Guest

i'd happily go in his shoes for what he is being paid to do so. i'd play every snap.

6. Elite

Elite Veteran

Hell ill do it i can show no leadership like david does i can throw 3 yards check down passes and most important i can say i aint going to cut my hair like he does :rofl:

7. Grid

Grid Hall of Fame

actually..

I respect Carr..I respect what he does, and I like the guy. but just because he has had it rough here in Houston, that doesnt mean that im willing to accept our terrible play.

If its Carr's fault..then he needs to go. It would really suck that we ruined such a talented young QB.. but im not going to sacrifice my team cause I feel bad about it.

Walking a mile in his shoes has nothing to do with the play of this team on Sundays.

8. WWJD

WWJD Hall of Fame

David gets paid a ton of money.

He could walk away tomorrow and have enough money to never have to work a day of the rest of his life.

Feel sorry for him? Nope. If he can't do the job they pay him to do they need to get somebody else. And the same applies for all the other players and the coaches.

You either perform at a high level or you're eventually replaced.

9. beerlover

beerlover Site Contributor

and I would love to see it :tv:

10. touttail

touttail All Pro

Good article! I have said before that if Carr had some competetion he would be better. He was a shoe in for starting QB and no one to push him.

bobby 119C :texflag:

11. the wonger need food

the wonger need food Hall of Fame

I said the same thing throughout the offseason and was told that I was crazy. Doesn't sound like such a crazy idea now, does it?

12. chuckm

chuckm Hall of Fame

We've all had these thoughts like this or "I'd fight Mike Tyson for 10 mil" .... but in Carr's case he has to go in week after week and try to survive (and win if at all possible) .... maybe watching Tony Banks take a whipping for a few weeks might be a good idea .... only problem is that Banks will get hurt and we're worse off than we were ...

13. BREAZE

BREAZE Veteran

The stategy was not to protect in the #1 investment. The result is damaged goods. Most teams would have benched Carr until adequate protection was brought in. Here we are in year 4 and we are nowhere close to adequate protection.

Carr still shows sneak peeks of what he was supposed to be when he has time for routes to develop. How long before he is damaged mentally/physically beyond repair and can't even convert on those rare occasions?

As history has shown, Capers would never consider benching a heathy Carr. With that said, I would not be surprised if Carr is benched soon either by injury or by a new coach.

Carr is dying right before our very eyes by the Casserly/Capers regime...

14. Vinny

Carr brings a lot of this on himself. He makes our poor line look worse than it does. From what I understand he was responsible for 3 or 4 of last weeks 7 sacks.

Malloy likes this.
  15. MYDAUGHTER'STEXANS

MYDAUGHTER'STEXANS Veteran

Great post, we do need to see where all the problems lie in the O line, but we need to start with banks then ragone, a lot of people say start with ragone, but he has very little to no experience in the NFL, Europe leauge is totally different and he had a line that blocked for him with Berlin Thunder.

16. BREAZE

BREAZE Veteran

...a result of 3 years of zero protection...ie, damaged goods. :goodnight

17. Vinny

Carr has flaws...he's had them for a while. They didn't just start this year...it's just that most of you guys blame his problems on others all the time.

18. Runner

Runner Hubcap Diamond Staff Member

I think Ragone should get some time just to answer the question - Can he play with and against starting caliber NFL personnel?

What do we risk if he is given a shot - that we lose a couple of games? That our offense can't move the ball consistently? We already have that.

Low risk, possible good reward - let him play.

Malloy likes this.
  19. rmartin65

rmartin65 I'm Score

I think that the texans should stick with carr. take away that ONE game and his qb rating is in the 90's. he also has all 3 of the td's, 2 passing and 1 rushing.

20. Runner

Runner Hubcap Diamond Staff Member

I think Carr should keep playing too. I meant if a change is made, or a game is out of control - big loss or big win - Ragone should get some reps instead of Banks.