Capers watches OT Adam Terry

Wolf

100% Texan
Adam Terry

Ht/Wt: 6-8 330

College: Syracuse

Best 40 Time: 5.49

225 lbs. Bench Press: - Reps.

Strength: Great size, solid footwork, excellent technique.

Weakness: Can be overpowered at times despite his size, needs to improve his run blocking, also need to get stronger, still developing.

Projection: Mid 2nd Round Pick

NFL Comparison: Eagles: Jon Runyan
http://qisports.com/adamterry2005.html

The Syracuse Post-Standard reports the Houston Texans and Jacksonville Jaguars paid close attention to Syracuse OT Adam Terry at yesterday's Pro Day in Syracuse. Both teams appear to be in the market for OT help come draft day.
http://www.draftdaddy.com/Blog/oldblog.cfm

I haven't found out anything else about the guy

F-minus67

Veteran
I've gotten to watch him play and he pretty good, but he needs to get bigger. I mean he does not look like he is 330, he could add like 10-20 pounds and not lose any speed. He is kind of like a bigger Wand that played at a higher level of compitition in college.

hound

Noob
If the Texans take him I wouldn't think it would be to replace Wand this year... but to come in to back up both tackles and be a possible replacement in a year or so.

BuffSoldier

Veteran
I really think that the Texans will be going after a LT this year, and if they cant get Barron then I think that they will look to this guy in maybe the second round.

I agree with Hound. If the Texans take an offensive tackle, unless it is a first rounder, it will be to back up Wand and Wade in the near future and compete for a starting position in a couple of years. If the Texans are going to look for a lineman to come in and start as a rookie, it will be a guard or center.

texman8

Waterboy
I think we are ok at tackle especially if Wand takes a big step from year 1 to year 2. Guard/ Center is where we need to upgrade.. Weary/ Brown ...neither have stepped up. Pitts/Mckinney underacheived...Weigert..nicked up too much....Hope we can get Baas or Mankins in 2nd.

D-ReK

RAWWWRR!
I would like to see us get a good, young back-up OT who can step in if Wade or Wand were to get injured...If we were to get Terry, he'd probably be on the bench for a year or two unless he outperforms one of the starters...As it stands, who are our OTs behind Wade and Wand? I believe the only back-up we currently have on the roster is Garrick Jones, unless we've re-signed Spears...I definitely wouldn't feel comfortable with either of these guys on the fiels for any significant amount of time...

Vinny

shiny happy fan
Chester Pitts is our primary back up OT for the most part. I'm sure we will bring someone in from the first day of the draft to compete for a roster spot behind Wand and Wade.

wags

Veteran
Vinny said:
Chester Pitts is our primary back up OT for the most part. I'm sure we will bring someone in from the first day of the draft to compete for a roster spot behind Wand and Wade.
That's sure what it looks like with all the "scout sitings" we have been hearing about. I wonder if the Texans feel that OT is a bigger problem than the interior? Kinda the opposite view that many on the board have.

Vinny

shiny happy fan
I think we look for a Center also. We have McKinney at C making more money than he is worth, and a journeyman OT backing up Wade and Wand. We could use both.

D-ReK

RAWWWRR!
wags said:
That's sure what it looks like with all the "scout sitings" we have been hearing about. I wonder if the Texans feel that OT is a bigger problem than the interior? Kinda the opposite view that many on the board have.
Our starters across the line are ok as a whole, but our depth is terrible...We could stand to infuse some youth to the line...I feel it would be in our best interest to take a guy like Terry in the second, and a guy like Wilkerson out of LSU with one of our thirds, and a guard on the second day...Casserly can mix the order up, but it would definitely be best for us to focus mainly on strengthening our lines...

GoBlue

Noob
I completely agree with you D-rek about bolstering our depth on the O-line. I's like to see them use the 2nd round pick or one of the 2 in the third to address that issue. I bet a second round OG/OT would help our offense more than a 2nd round WR. Look at our starting O-line and where they were picked:

McKinney- 4th round (good value for the round)
Pitts- 2nd round (we overpaid on this one)
Wade-2nd round
Wand-3rd round
Weigert-?

We need to address the O-line in the 2nd or 3rd to get someone of value. Anything much lower is a gamble whether they even make it in the NFL.

geebrr

Practice Squad
Hey guys. I am a huge Winnipeg Blue Bomber fan from the C.F.L. and just reading some comments and the general consensus about Garrick Jones on here, I will gladly welcome Jones back with open arms if you guys no longer want him.

He was dominant up here, he has quick feet and hands, and is a real smart kid. Different game down there though.

Anyway, how is Garrick doing?

Cheers!

hot pickle

Canada Eh
no man. I will next season though, what section do you have yours?

I don't have my drivers yet so its had for me to get out there.

geebrr

Practice Squad
dunta23 said:
no man. I will next season though, what section do you have yours?

I don't have my drivers yet so its had for me to get out there.
Nice man, next year is prime with the Championship game being played here you will get first dibs I believe.

I am in the Alumni gold section, great area, hs a lot of former greats hanging around in there, guys like Willard Reeves and so on.

Anyway you should really check out www.ourbombers.com if your interested in talking Bombers :cool: