Can you guess the NFL team with the highest arrest rate?

Discussion in 'The National Football League' started by Luv_ya_blue, Oct 25, 2011.

1. Luv_ya_blue

Luv_ya_blue 1%er

Well, can ya? Take a guess without looking at the link.
    Then post your guess and THEN look at the link.

http://www.thepostgame.com/blog/dish/201110/nfls-surprising-new-arrest-leader

Not surprised to know that the NBA leads pro sports in arrests.

2. gtexan02

gtexan02 Working?

Out of curiosity, why does it specific major drug or violent crime for baseball but not the other sports? Is it using different criteria?

I also wonder how this compares to general population crime statistics

3. Ole Miss Texan

Ole Miss Texan Hall of Fame

This is from the article... not sure of its accuracy though. Also not sure if that's the general population (in general) or specified to Males betweent the ages of say 22-38 or whatever. I'd be interested in more specifics about that.

4. paycheck71

paycheck71 Hall of Fame

Yeah, males 22-38 making at least $750K/year (or whatever the min for any of the pro leagues is)

5. NitroGSXR

NitroGSXR Super Sic #58

Using pro sports as an example here is disillusioned at best. Poverty does NOT apply so there's simply no way to guage what a person sometimes is willing to do in order to get what they need. The crime rate is so much higher when in poverty. That being said, 1 out of 45 is somewhat alarming considering their financial situations. What I would like to know is of those arrested, how many come from a background of poverty? Maybe they're crimes by habit?

6. Ole Miss Texan

Ole Miss Texan Hall of Fame

VERY small sample size. LOL What's all that "we are the 99%" talk?
    some very good thoughts

7. Texecutioner

Texecutioner Hall of Fame

And this is what people seem to miss from this article. It was a really stupid article from the jump, but think about the fact that these are Millionaires in great financial situations we're talking about that are being arrested in high numbers.

8. ArlingtonTexan

ArlingtonTexan Moderator Staff Member

I actually think middleclassness is the place where you will see the lowest numbers. Wealth creates the two things that athlets have that dudes clocking at a refinery or shuffling into a cubicle do not have..time and the extra ability to do bad things. It is a harder demographic to pin down, but don't entertainers and musicians get arrested quite a bit?

9. NitroGSXR

NitroGSXR Super Sic #58

I agree with you on middle class. I specified poverty because poverty reigns king in the crime bracket. So a large number of athletes come from poverty. There aren't too many silver-spooned Kobe's out there.

10. Dutchrudder

Dutchrudder COOL BEANS!

It's actually 8. So 3 times 32 would be 96 additional players in that pool making it 1792 total. 34 were arrested last year, so that puts it at 1.89% actually.

11. ArlingtonTexan

ArlingtonTexan Moderator Staff Member

Even lower if you start by counting in IR players, which probably equals 8 to 12 a team by years end.