Can we win against the Colts?

Discussion in 'Texans Talk' started by redwhiteANDblue, Nov 1, 2009.

1. redwhiteANDblue

redwhiteANDblue Color of Texans

We looked great out there today, well at least we did in the 2nd half. But we went against buffalo and colts surely aren't the same team as buffalo. With Peyton Manning as their QB it's going to be a tough time for our defense. What do you think we can do to win this? And a win here could technically announce a play off spot for Texans. And maybe turn this "corner" we've been trying to turn for years.

2. Mr teX

Mr teX Hall of Fame

we can, but the defense is gonna have to get turnovers and the offense is gonna have to be turnover free...cant give manning extra possesions.

I gotta say though, last week against SF, i got a extremely nervous watching Davis eat our lb core alive in the passing game. I was imagining what Dallas Clark and manning might do to us...yuck!

Last edited: Nov 1, 2009
  3. ChrisG

ChrisG Road Fan

last week: we will win

this week: we can, but I gotta say my confidence has significantly dropped w/o OD

4. sometexansfan

sometexansfan Blue Bomber

I say we have to beat the Colts. This is year 8, it's time to beat Indy in their house. I know it's not going to be easy, but I believe we can do it. How are we going to do it? I really don't care how. Just do it.

5. infantrycak

infantrycak Mod. Staff Member

If they decide to bring their A game for 60 minutes, yes.

Trivia here - last year the Colts gave up 27 or more points 3 times and 2 were to the Texans. Both those games were lost by less than a TD. They shouldn't be close to a favorite but yes they can win.

thunderkyss likes this.
  6. RTP2110

RTP2110 Thank You Andre

Yea, hopefully Casey can step up quick. IIRC, Daniels has been huge against Indy's Cover 2 defense.

7. Goatcheese

Goatcheese Nightmare Over

We need Mario and Amobi to show up big and pressure Fetus Face. Other than that they just have to play good football and win the turnover battle.

8. dalemurphy

dalemurphy Hall of Fame

We have to win the turnover battle, dominate on special teams, and hope we get some calls...

We can beat Indy at home, but on the road, we are at a definite disadvantage.

9. Big Lou

Big Lou Stop Clowning

OD will definately be missed, but thank goodness we have some depth at TE. The Texans have the talent and confidence to win this game. They need to take this like any other game and not look back the past win/loss record against the Colts.

This ain't your Daddy's Texans, these boys can bring when they choose!!!

10. noxiousdog

noxiousdog All Pro

we can, but i wouldn't take even odds for sure.

11. Vinnie

Vinnie with an I E

I like that the 49ers held them to 18 points today, that gives me hope for a win for some reason. It will come down to our :d: and if we can somehow get our running game clicking against them. Sure would be cool to see Moats have another day like today! Heck, maybe both him and Slaton have a day like he had today. :cowboy1:

12. GP

GP Go Texans!

What has hurt us in the past vs. Colts is that they picked the right offensive plays at all the right times.

When we played pass, they ran the ball down our throats.

When we played run, they passed it and ran circles around us with every conceivable WR, TE, and RB (on screen plays).

The game we were owning them in...we ended up blowing it royally.

I think we win.

I think there's going to be some motivation by our guys from a lot of different angles: Last year's blown game, Owen's injury, the lack of playing well at home thus far this season, guys on offense knowing they have to raise their game, etc.

13. dalemurphy

dalemurphy Hall of Fame

though this is clearly our best football team, I don't think we match up well against Indy right now. Our Run game is suspect. And, our defense isn't exactly complex right now. I don't think they are at a point where they can be disciplined and be disguise coverage at the same time. Combine that with the home advantage and I'd say it's a steep uphill battle.

14. Dread-Head

Dread-Head Hall of Fame

Can WE win? Hmmm. If I stop giving receivers a cushion in the middle, Joe Texan sticks to his coaching strategy, Bill gets healthy in time and Vinnie manages to get more yards per catch on screens...we might IF we're lucky...not get slaughtered.

Can THE Texans beat em? :bubbles: Bring on Manning. I want to see some Colts on their backs.

15. Nawzer

Nawzer Alienz

Yes we can win. Kris Brown will kick a 75 yard field goal to bring us great glory!

16. Marcus

Marcus Ruthless pragmatist

It's really very simple for me. I don't care how good our offense is, we will not outscore Manning if we don't get in his face, and I don't see that happening.

Not without blitzing at least two people, and we'll get torched if they don't get a clear path.

And it was unfortunate for us that the Colts lost today. They will not want to lose two in a row.

17. brakos82

brakos82 Hall of Fame

Hey, I've been doing decent over here... I got us 3 in a row, remember? :bat:

18. Jackie Chiles

Jackie Chiles Hall of Fame

They won.

19. Nawzer

Nawzer Alienz

Uhh..The Colts won today. It wasn't pretty but they did win.

20. Dread-Head

Dread-Head Hall of Fame

Yeah, but they're probably scrutinizing your game film as we speak. You have a tendency to sidewind to your left. They're just going to shore it up and either you're going to lose yards on each carry in short yardage situations OR they're going to turn you into a glorified blocking back. I say you sit this one out and let Slaton and Moates handle this one.