Can we score 40, or should we just mail it in?

Discussion in 'Texans Talk' started by thunderkyss, Oct 6, 2009.

1. thunderkyss

thunderkyss Salem Poor

I think we're going to have to score 40 points to beat the Cardinals. I know they only avg 19/game so far this year, but I'm still scared.

In my mind, Warner & Schaub are the same "type" of QB. Except he's better. He's got three 1000 yard receivers from last year, plus an electric check down guy, that are just drooling to get on the field against our secondary.

We'll be complaining next week, about Amobi & Mario not getting to the QB, but it will be because he can throw the ball to any receiver he wants at any time.

I'm not saying we can't win. I'll be rooting for the Texans every step of the way. But I think we'll have to score 40 points to do it.

What say you?

2. Double Barrel

Double Barrel Modified Simian

Can our offense play our defense? We might have a chance to score 40 if so. ;)

3. imatexan

imatexan Hall of Fame

This seems to be a different team then last years Superbowl Cardinals.

Perhaps last year we would have had to score 30 something or 40 points but this year I think a good upper 20's or lower 30's will get the job done against a defense that has no big time play makers and is just not that great.

I think it will be a high scoring game but having to score 40 seems unreasonable.

4. Carr Bombed

Carr Bombed Hall of Fame

If we can't run the ball, we're going to lose... The best way to stop a explosive offensive (and the best way to take the home crowd out of the game) is by keeping their offense off the field and sustain long and time consuming drives.. Steve Slaton needs to put the pull-ups on and get it done this week.

5. m5kwatts

m5kwatts Hall of Fame

Couple of things going for us in this game:

ARI still can't run the ball...

ARI is 30th in the league vs. the pass

ARI OT's have struggled all year and especially last game vs. IND

ARI WR's have not been on all year nor has the Cards passing game in general excluding their JAX game.

ARI's pass/run is about 70/30... stops the clock a lot, gives HOU plenty of opportunities on offense

thunderkyss likes this.
  6. SteveSlaton20

SteveSlaton20 All Pro

it could happen, but it'll most likely a 30 points game for both team

with the cardinals winning.

but i'd love the texans to prove me wrong tho, that they can win against the cards.

7. 76Texan

76Texan Hall of Fame

Their offensive line is at most mediocre.
    We can stop them some.
    Maybe we only need to score 39 points! :brando:

8. HOU-TEX

HOU-TEX Ah, Football!

To be quite honest, I think our secondary's going to get burnt beyond recognition. I think we lose big, especially if we fall behind early.

But, that's why they play the games. I just don't want to get my hopes up on our defense after playing the worst QB and WR's in the NFL.

9. Double Barrel

Which is fine to look at, but it doesn't necessarily equate to much against the Texans. We are not the Colts or 49ers (Arizona's two losses), and we lost to the Jags (which our defense didn't do much against) who the Cards blew out with a 31-17 win.

I do not think our secondary is going to magically morph into being good, so Warner might end up having a field day if our defense (of 3 sacks total this season) can't get to him.

I think we have a chance, but our offense will need to capitalize when they've got the ball and limit stupid mistakes like turnovers and penalties.

10. thunderkyss

thunderkyss Salem Poor

I agree whole heartedly. I don't want any one to get their hopes up after we "shut down the Raiders".

We've still got the same problems we had two weeks ago

11. stevn8r

stevn8r Zombie

That's what I was thinking....We have a GREAT shot this weekend!!!

Should be a lot of fun to watch...I am having my knee scoped on thursday so I will be laid up watching football all weekend!

thunderkyss likes this.
  12. Mr. White

Mr. White H-Town Beatdown

A Frank Bush defense is no match for a Ken Whisenhunt offense.

The question is USPS, UPS, or FedEx?

13. TheRealJoker

TheRealJoker Hall of Fame

Their defense has some good individual players just like our's except they are much more talented in the secondary.

They've got one of the best safeties in the NFL in Adrian Wilson, converted former 1st round pick Antrel Rolle at FS, and a good young CB in Rodgers-Cromartie. They've still got one of the best LBers in the league in Karlos Dansby and they've got what we want Okoye to become in Darnell Dockett at DT.

Hopefully Antonio Smith can give us some quality inside info on how to beat that defense. I think we can run on them which we will need to do in order to win this game because its gonna be tough to keep pace with Warner and co. if we get into a shootout on the road. We've gotta slow this game down with 10+ play drives and frustrate them.

Some big plays on special teams would certainly be helpful Sunday as well!!!

14. m5kwatts

m5kwatts Hall of Fame

Sound logic. But is NFL football ever logical?

15. alphajoker

alphajoker Hall of Fame

I know this sounds cliche' but whichever team doesn't turn the ball over and takes advantage of their offensive possessions will be the team to win this game. Both these offenses have the capability to put points up fast and if an opportunity is missed via turnover, then thats one less drive to put up points.

Texecutioner likes this.
  16. Double Barrel

lol! yeah, good point. I'd just as soon be completely wrong about things and they win the game by a blowout. I'd be fine with that. :tiphat:

17. DocBar

DocBar Hall of Fame

There might be some NFL records set for total offense this weekend. Maybe the NFL will just play the whole game like a college overtime period.

18. nytexan

nytexan Veteran

This is one of those cliche games where you must win the turnover battle. I don't think either team can stop the other so by all accounts it should be a HIGH scoring game which means it'll end up 13-10

19. Drew_Smoke

Drew_Smoke @Drew_Smoke

O/U is like 48 or so.

Hmm...can they each score 24 points?

20. brakos82

brakos82 Hall of Fame

I think that's for each team. :spin: