Can we please get rid of Stanley?

Discussion in 'Texans Talk' started by Second Honeymoon, Nov 5, 2006.

1. Second Honeymoon

Second Honeymoon Hall of Fame

Thank God this loser's contract runs out at the end of the year. This no talent loser needs to be put to pasture. And they can send Kris Brown to the glue factory with him....they both are wretched and horrible players.

Doug from The Woodlands

2. TexansLucky13

TexansLucky13 53d Signal Batt

As PowerfulDragon would say.....

Worst.... Thread..... Ever.....

Chad is God

3. gtexan02

gtexan02 Working?

Is anyone else getting tired of this? I mean, it was funny the first 1,000 times, but seriously....

4. sprtsfanatic

sprtsfanatic All Pro

yes, very tired of it...I had punters in high school that could punt farther than the 35-39yds stanley is averaging. It is totally unexcusable for our punter and place kicker to be shanking sooo many kicks.

Just imagine if brown would have made that first field goal we would have only needed a fg to win today instead of HAVING to go the extra yards to get the TD for the win.

While we are at it lets get rid of our butterfinger fb cook too.

5. Kaiser Toro

Kaiser Toro Native Mod

I do not see either of them back next year. Stanley is a FA and Brown will only cost us 386k next year if we cut him.

6. TexanSam

TexanSam Hall of Fame

Well to be fair, Kris Brown has only missed 2 FGs the whole season. Stanley is having a terrible year. I don't know if Todd Sauerbrun is still a free agent, but if he is I think the Texans should consider signing him.

7. TexansLucky13

Chad has not had a stellar year but we will definitely not be tossing him.

Watch your back on the MB from now on, gtexan..... Chad will find you.

*cough* Chad is God

8. Tayton

Tayton Veteran

Dude, this is really getting weird.

9. TexansLucky13

Agreed. Where is PD when I need him.

10. gtexan02

gtexan02 Working?

I'm gettiing tired of the silly Chad Stanley "He is God" thing. It was funny when PD started doing it, and it was funny for the reasons he was doing it. But it seriously lost all its appeal after 50+ more posters started doing it as a rebuttle against LEGITIMATE concerns at punter. Lets face it, PD is a funny guy, but everyone ripping off his joke has ruined it

11. Kaiser Toro

Kaiser Toro Native Mod

Can God ever be considered a free agent under the Collective Bargaining Agreement?

12. TexansLucky13

PD did start the joke, but you are wrong about this.

PD and I are the rightful Adoptees of Chad Stanley therefore if anyone gets to say ANYTHING about him, it is us.

If you have a problem with it just do what we do when trolls get on here. Ignore it.

13. CoastalTexan

CoastalTexan Veteran

How about the punter from Baylor, or would that cost a draft pick?

14. bah007

bah007 Hall of Fame

Probably. He looks like at least the 3rd best punter in the draft which might warrant a 6th or 7th rounder.

15. V Man

V Man Pumpkinhead

Daniel Sepulveda
    PT | (6'2", 221, 4.59) | BAYLOR

Strengths: Possesses excellent leg strength and gets good distance on punts. Improved hang-time during first three seasons and doesn't out-kick the cover teams as much as did earlier in collegiate career. Runs with good power, has good top-end speed and can execute fakes effectively. Has experience holding on extra points and is somewhat versatile. Played linebacker in high school and is an adequate open field tackler.

Weaknesses: Though hopes to be ready for the 2006 season opener tore right ACL in spring of 2006, underwent reconstructive knee surgery and durability is a substantial concern. 2004 Ray Guy Award Winner appeared to take a step back in 2005 and needs to have a strong 2006 season. Though flashes the ability to pin teams deep, lacks ideal accuracy and kicks end up in the end zone far too much.

Overall: Sepulveda was redshirted in 2002. He played in all 12 contests in 2003 and punted 87 times for 3,750 yards (43.1 average), with a long of 62 yards, and 23 punts inside the 20-yardline. In 2004, Sepulveda won the Ray Guy Award after punting 62 times for 2,850 yards (46 average), with a long of 69 yards, and 26 punts inside the 20-yardline in 11 games. He again played in every game (10) in 2005 and punted 62 times for 2,863 yards (46.2 average), with a long of 78 yards, and 13 punts inside the 20-yardline earning second team All-American honors (Associated Press). Sepulveda has also held for the field goal team. He tore his right ACL while playing pick-up basketball in the spring of 2006 and underwent surgery on April 27th.
    Sepulveda has the power and athletic ability to develop into an excellent punter but he is coming off a serious knee injury and he needs to work on his accuracy. He projects as a rookie free agent

http://insider.espn.go.com/nfldraft/draft/tracker/player?id=11119

16. mexican_texan

mexican_texan Furry Tractors

IIRC, I have praised God more than you TL13. I even made changes to his Wikipedia page that go unchanged to this day. Good night and may Chadwick be with you.

Kris Brown has definitely got to go. Stanley punts the way he's coached to, which he does well. He's 3rd in the NFL in fair catches and that's the way Marciano wants it. That reduces the chances of a punt returned for a TD. However, as PacMan has done in two consecutive games at LP Field, some guys bust through and score when all 11 guys on the field are unable to get to the PR.

17. ccdude730

ccdude730 Hall of Fame

i think that the punts are so shallow that the returner decides to call a fair catch. maybe

btw im ready to get rid of both kris brown and chad stanley

18. ensign_lee

ensign_lee Site Contributor

Kris has been a little disappointing, but let's keep things in proper perspective; exactly who are we gonna replace him with? He's not THAT bad.

Chad Stanley...seriously. WTF? Averaging under 40 yards a punt? It's not like we're constantly in opposition territory, forcing the shorter punts to get it inside the 20 either. WHAT IS GOING ON>!>!:yikes:

19. Mattheus_Rex

Mattheus_Rex Veteran

Yeah, because watching the Texans week after week, the first thing that comes to my mind is...Get another kicker. :rolleyes:

20. Mattheus_Rex

Mattheus_Rex Veteran