Can we come together..... for 1 game PLEASE!!

Discussion in 'Texans Talk' started by thunderkyss, Nov 21, 2009.

1. thunderkyss

thunderkyss Salem Poor

Look,

I know our coaches are probably going to do something stupid. Matt is going to throw an interception or two.... & some body is going to put the ball on the ground.

Can we please, please save all our hatred & booing for the Tacks?

Please?

Throw a little at the refs every now & then... but let's not boo our hometown team?

Just for this game.

2. Second Honeymoon

Second Honeymoon Hall of Fame

It's been better this year. There was definitely booing at the Jets game. No doubt about that. Schaub looked bad and Kubiak got some boos too. I really cant remember any other eruptions of boos but I did miss the JVille game. I am sure that wasn't pleasant.

most of the booing I hear is directed at the referees or at challenges or the other team. the referees have been horrible this year across the NFL this year. some of the personal foul calls are just atrocious.

3. djohn2oo8

djohn2oo8 All Pro

MeLoveTexans likes this.
  4. HTown2ATX

HTown2ATX TexansMetalhead

My boos are always directed at the Hootinanies......no matter what sport I'm watching or who's winning. People look at me like "Dude, WTF? Why are you booing a Cricket match on ESPN 8....The Ocho?" I'm just like "Eff Bumblescum and Rudy man! Eff 'em!"

I stub my toe in the middle of the night and the first thing out of my mouth is "Screw YOU Bud! Screw YOU!":roast:

I get in an argument with my ex wife and it's just like "God Damnit I hate Rudy and the Hoot's!":bender:

:kitten: (Just thought I'd throw the kitty in...why not?)

5. Norg

Norg Hall of Fame

Drunk numb skulls will speak there mind we can stop it i kinda like it

We are turning into the Philly fans of the south that shows that out fans have passion about this team LOVe or Hate :P

Trust me if u were at the frisco game at the 4th quarter our fans were screaming there lungs out Brought a tear to my eye

6. HTown2ATX

PLEASE NO!

I hope I don't ever see the day when our fans cheer when an opposing player is possibly paralyzed, throw batteries at Santa or anyone and boo Santa and have a stadium with a friggin JAIL IN IT (the old Vet stadium had one if you didn't know).

I used to live in the Philly area in NJ. Anything that close to Camden, NJ is just trouble....Philly included.

Have many a story just about the general populace that I have encountered in the Philly area. Gino's steaks are still the best though! Nothing beats a real philly steak w/ cheese whiz on it (no one outside Philly uses Provolone or Swiss on a cheesesteak):shades:

7. infantrycak

infantrycak Mod. Staff Member

Yeah they do. There is a little hole in the wall, walk up only place (like the equivalent of making a cart hole in the side of a building) in of all places Walnut Creek CA that has phenomenal cheesesteaks. I don't know if the guy who owns the place is from Philly, and I have had them many times in Philly but this is the best I have ever had.

8. Mr. White

Mr. White H-Town Beatdown

Ain't the way I understand it. I married into a South Philly family. Whiz on a cheesesteak is for the tourists.

9. Yankee_In_TX

Yankee_In_TX Dance Lindsay!

I don't blame anyone who booed at the Jets game.

There should be no booing Monday.

However, if I meet any of the people Monday who say any of the following, I may punch them in the face for stupidity:

"I thought about being a Texans fan, but they didn't draft Vince."

"I am a Texans fan, except when they play the Titans."

"I am a Titans fan, except when they play the Texans."

"I am a Texans fan, but I hope Vince beats them."

"I watched Vince all through middle school and high school..." (I call BS on 95% of the people who say that!!)

10. mattieuk

mattieuk Site Contributor

Not wanting to derail the thread too much, but the better cheesesteak in Philly is at Pats, not Ginos. :foottap:

But cheesesteaks excluded, there is nothing that the Texans should be copying from Philly!

11. thunderkyss

thunderkyss Salem Poor

That's all I'm saying.

I don't mind fans speaking their mind. But against the Tacks....

We should show as much love & support for this team.

Heaven knows they'll be a lot of idiots rooting for the other team for whatever stupid reason they want to use that day.

12. Ryan

Ryan THIS YEAR

If it comes to the point, which i certainly don't think it will, in which we are getting embarrased by the Titans, than i will bring out my boo birds. No excuses for playing poorly coming off of a bye week.

13. Showtime100

Showtime100 Got AJ?

I think we'll come together at the game. Just don't bring up cheesesteaks and all will be fine. :D :D

GO TEXANS!!!!!! :texflag: :fans: :texflag:

14. SheTexan

SheTexan Site Contributor

I have NEVER booed my team and never will. Can't say I haven't let out a few four letter words occassionally though! Kubiak makes me be a very nasty fan sometimes! It's all his fault I'm going to hell for cussing!:evilb:

Giant Tiger and Texans_Chick like this.
  15. infantrycak

Go Grandma - that's the way I feel. I'll come here and criticize them, but at the game they have my support.

16. thunderkyss

thunderkyss Salem Poor

Nothing would make Bud Adams, VY, the VY nut huggers, Bullock, Finnagan, Lendale White, & whatever other bunch of Tennessee Hillabiliees happier.

Against these guys, in "our house" we need them to know we still prefer the team that is here, more than the team that left.

17. infantrycak

Crap we agree on something. Show some class Houston. I will never boo my team. And if I had the slightest urge ever it would not be in front of the team that gave me the middle finger.

18. HTown2ATX

LOL. Well, I definitely wasn't a tourist, lived there, don't know where the disconnect is, but I take em anyway they are served. Love me some cheesesteak.:)

The debate will always rage on! :)

19. Speedy

Speedy Yeller Dweller

It takes a lot to get me to, but I'll most definitely boo them when I feel it's deserved. The players on this team will come and go and I'll still be here, Lord willing. I'll root for anyone wearing Texans gear, and will ALWAYS support and, as long as I'm able, $upport the team, and I feel I have every right to let them know of my displeasure when I feel it's warranted. If that means dropping a "boo" on them then so be it. That's actually easier on the vocals than screaming four letter bombs at them from up in my perch. But I still don't do it very much at all. Even when the rest of the stadium is. They've got to really REALLY piss me off to get a boo.

silvrhand likes this.
  20. silvrhand

silvrhand Site Contributor

100% agree, boo'ing is supporting your team. What are we supposed to do give them a pat on the back saying it's ok to come out and do poorly? When was the last time that I messed something up bad at work and someone came and patted me on the back? Heck I would get my ass chewed and deserved to get an ass chewing, and after several major disasters I should get fired.

Why should NFL players get treated any different?