Can we beat Dallas?

Discussion in 'Texans Talk' started by Barkley, Oct 5, 2006.

1. Barkley

Barkley Guest

I think we have a chance. Classic trap game. We are in between in Eagles and Giants. Let's hope the Cowboys beat the Eagles and get VERY beat up in the process. Hopefully, they will be looking towards the Giants and overlook us.

santo likes this.
  2. NRowl

NRowl Rookie

I am hoping the Cowboys get beat by the Eagles and get VERY beat up in the process.

3. mexican_texan

mexican_texan Furry Tractors

The key is getting pressure on Bledsoe. I think the Cowboys will win, though, seeing as how our LT won't be able to stop DeMarcus Ware AND the DE.

4. Texizgreat

Texizgreat Veteran

I am going to the game the Texans better at least put up one heluva fight. I really don't what to walk out getting crud from the cowgirl fans.

5. hot pickle

hot pickle Canada Eh

good thing is that we got 2 weeks to watch film and prepare, and the texans will be watchin the eagles vs cowboys very closely on sunday

6. infantrycak

infantrycak Lead Moderator Staff Member

No offense, but this is a question which never needs to be asked. There are definite and well reasoned favorites in almost every game and yet every weekend, much less every year there are surprises. The Texans already have a few in the books--Cowboys 1st game, Steelers with the fewest offensive yds ever, beating the SB losing Panthers, taking the SB winning Pats to overtime, denying the Jags a playoff berth--there is a reason the play the game--on any given sunday.

CoachJim likes this.
  7. HoustonFan

HoustonFan Hall of Fame

Yeah, I think we can much like I think we can beat any other team in this league - the :homer: in me talking here. But it could happen, again. Hope they'll be watching Sundays game against the Eagles and taking notes.

8. mexican_texan

mexican_texan Furry Tractors

Didn't we do that with an experienced corner? And an experienced linebacker corps?

9. South Texan

South Texan Veteran

Can we? Sure

Will we... Well, if Philly beats the Cowgirls up, if TO starts talking trash if he doesn't get his way, if the pointy little ball takes some unexpected Houston bounces, etc. Translation, I don't think we are quite there yet. <sigh>

I will be happy if we just play them tough. it's not a blow out and most importantly, continue to show improvement.

10. Double Barrel

Double Barrel Modified Simian

As much as I'd like to believe that - and I'm usually a subcriber to the 'any given Sunday' philosophy - I'm still not convinced that our defense can stop anyone. We barely squeaked a win out of Miami, and that's as much due to their incompetence as anything.

Dallas is another matter altogether, and they've got some serious offensive weapons. This is definitely not the 19-10 Cowboys. This is a Parcells team, and they've got an attitude now that will not be matched in intensity by our young team. And let's not even talk about their defense. I don't think we're ready for a shoot out game right now...not if we're too fragile to run a two minute drill.

11. phan1

phan1 All Pro

Dude, if we win this game, we could go 2-14 again and I'd still consider this a success! :) There is almost nothing that I wouldn't give to see us win next week Sun.

12. profan

profan Veteran

Yes, we could beat them. in order to do so, our defense must have it's best game of the year by farrrrrrr, same for the offense, or we hope dallas has a very bad game in between thier two division games. It could happen.

13. wicked_wayz

wicked_wayz all blacks

to be honest our db's are gonna have a long night trying to contain T.O and glenn....

14. Cruuuuuuuz

Cruuuuuuuz Veteran

Well its RIVALRY....anything can happen....
    Even A&M came close against the Longhorns last year....and UT was one of the best college teams IN ALL-TIME HISTORY...
    So, it's gonna be close...but we're playin' in Dallas....
    Texans will need ALOT of fan support...but a WIN is possible!

15. thunderkyss

thunderkyss Salem Poor

I think we are a better team than the Giants. If they've got a chance to win, we've got a chance to win.

16. tsip

tsip Hall of Fame

...exactly

17. HomeBred_Texan

HomeBred_Texan Hall of Fame

LOL, someone needs there coffee this morning, the toast is burnt...

No way we beat the Cowboys. We are not ready yet. A few drafts away from making the transition to being a high caliber NFL team... :hides:

But Go Texans...

18. WiiBrawler

WiiBrawler WiiMan

whatever, the media is gonna be on TO

19. HOU-TEX

HOU-TEX Ah, Football!

It's definetly going to take one of these type games to win this one. Realistically though, we're outmatched in every position except for maybe WR and QB(??). Our secondary is presently the weakest part of the team IMO. I hate to say it, but this game could very well end up like our first three games.

Stranger things have happened though. Who knows?:redtowel:

20. Hervoyel

Hervoyel The Right Track

Of course we can beat Dallas. That's not what you want to know. What you want to know is will we beat Dallas.

Sadly I can't answer that. I think that the outcome is either we get beaten very badly or we manage a very close win. I don't think we're nearly as good as they are right now. I wish this game was taking place in week 15 and not week 6.

I just don't think we're ready for them. I could be wrong though. I need to check with the pancake rabbit and see what he says.