Can someone please explain the line movement

Discussion in 'The National Football League' started by thunderkyss, Sep 21, 2011.

1. thunderkyss

thunderkyss Salem Poor

I'd provide a link, if I weren't at work. But if anyone can please take a look at Vegasinsider.com & look at the line movement for the Texans/Saints game & please explain what it means.

It lists the line, going back to the 16th... Friday?

I don't really understand what's going on so far. It looks as if Houston started as 2 point favorites but now are 2 point dogs.

What is that number (2-125) mean?

And the over/under, is that 41?

2. infantrycak

infantrycak Mod. Staff Member

Not an expert on betting but looks to me like Houston has been a pretty consistent 3.5 to 4 point dog and the over/under is around 53 - so the money is splitting on it being around Saints 30 Texans 24.

3. Speedy

Speedy Yeller Dweller

I haven't seen anywhere where the Texans were ever favored in this game. At the site you mentioned, I could only find it going back to the 18th and it's pretty much been Saints -4 with the O/U at 53. And that's pretty much what I've seen everywhere all week.

In fact, that site says it opened at Saints -3.5, so I really don't know what you could have been looking at unless it was some kind of glitch or whatever.

4. Speedy

Speedy Yeller Dweller

That means the bet is $125 to win $100 on whatever the 2 is.

5. thunderkyss

thunderkyss Salem Poor

Thanks guys.

Earlier I was looking at it on my Android. The page I was looking at was actually something called Vegas line movement.. still don't know what that is.