CAN Schaub take a hit?!

Discussion in 'Texans Talk' started by Dread-Head, Dec 2, 2007.

1. Dread-Head

Dread-Head Hall of Fame

Schaub isn't a bad QB, but this is the second time this season I've seen the man time I've seen the man get hit and get removed from a game. David Carr wasn't the greatest QB, but he COULD take a hit. Schaub has taken some hits true, but it seems that it doesn't take much for a defense to remove him. Am I being too critical of the man or does he just need to toughen up a bit?

2. stingray

stingray Hall of Fame

It's starting to look like he's brittle. Gingerbread man...

3. TheIronDuke

TheIronDuke Hall of Fame

I dunno, if it comes back that he broke his left arm or something then he's obviously not just a puss.

That being said, with this OL he's going to get hit a lot. It's not like he goes out every time he gets hit but he's obviously not as tough as Carr was.

Whatever happens, with the injury bug constantly biting our OL we had better invest draft picks and a lot of money on the FA for the damn OL once and for all.

4. nut

nut All Pro

No.

5. stingray

stingray Hall of Fame

This OL has played very good this year. They were #7 overall in giving up sacks. Yes, they are injured, but schaub hasn't been hit that much this year.

6. TheIronDuke

TheIronDuke Hall of Fame

Yeah but how many hits has he taken?

I agree that he gets hurt a lot but it just takes one hit in the right spot to put someone out. Towards the end here Carr would go into the fetal position, I don't want Schaub doing that.

7. adam

adam Guero

You're right about one thing: For all of his faults (and let's face it, he had to many to be a starting QB for any team), Carr could take an ass whooping when a defense would bring him a full can of it.

Schaub has potential to be a good QB, but I am beginning to wonder if he has what it takes to be a full time starter. He is very brittle and lacks the mental strength in clutch situations. He is a good bandage, but I am not sure if he is the future of this football team.

8. OzzO

OzzO .. and then?

'cause Carr would fall just before the defense got to him, thus lessening the blow.

9. Hagar

Hagar Drink up yall, its the Texans!

I don't know if Schaub is a wuss, but I can tell you that this team isn't going to move forward until it fixes the line problems on both sides of the ball.

10. run-david-run

run-david-run Hall of Fame

you just need one good hit to knock someone out. landing on your shoulder with a 280 lbs man on you will mess your arm up now matter how tough you are.

11. GP

GP Go Texans!

A post I can agree with.

I'm off the Schaub wagon.

In today's NFL, you don't need 2-3 seasons to see if someone's going to make it.

Schaub needs perfect protection to get the ball away. He began the year showing that he could eek out of some pressure and get the ball away, and since the 2nd game of the season...he's been unable to do that.

I argues with people when they said Schaub was immobile. But they were right on the money--Schaub is sluggish getting away from the center, giving the dline an added advantage on the pass rush. Then, he's not showing the ability to sense the blindside pressure.

Even VY (as awful a QB as he is, IMO) was able to side-step the pressure and get the ball away.

Kubiak is probably regretting NOT putting his name in the hat for the A&M jobl. He probably would have been the better option for A&M.

12. junior

junior Veteran

it wasnt until season 4 of ass whoopins that he started doing that. this isnt even 1 full season and he has been on the sideline a bunch.

can we get a refund on those 2 2nd rounders.

sage the starter , carr the back up, 2 second rounders, and $47 million richer would have been better than what we have got so far.

13. adam

adam Guero

A lot of times, yes. However, I've seen Carr get the crap knocked out of him plenty of times. Most of which he would just get up and keep going. Don't get me wrong, there isn't a time in which I've ever wanted Carr back...but I could only wish that Matt was as durable.

14. Spled

Spled All Pro

Hopefully with a better o-line, Schaub will take less blind hits.

15. GP

GP Go Texans!

Gotta agree.

This is beginning to look like another dark cloud over our team.

I suspect the boards will be smoldering, charred, and in ruins when this season is over. There will be no end to the debate about how to fix this team.

16. HoustonFrog

HoustonFrog Chitown Frog

Why the hell would you even want Carr back on the team. He wasn't even listed as the backup in Carolina today. Not only that but we would have to hear people say he should be playing still. No thanks. i like Schaub. I don't think someone is soft when they are just getting things dislocated or broken. I think Carr knew how to take a hit...maybe laying down, but I'd still rather have Schaub. The first time I'm all for drafting O-line high and getting it right. I mean is Favre a wuss and he got knocked out the other game. Its more a matter of how you are hit and where you land. This debate almost makes the board unbearable at times. JMO..people mneed to be more even keel on this whole thing.

17. rollinstone18

rollinstone18 let it bleed

maybe he needs to drink more milk

18. Brandon420tx

Brandon420tx Flounder

I think of it this way:
    Opposing defenses benefitted more with Carr in the game, so they put their effort into NOT hurting him when they gently lowered his instinctedly limp body to the turf.

Now defenses treat our QBs like a real QB, and they go head-hunting.

19. TEXANRED

TEXANRED Texan-American

Schaub reminds me of Chris Chnandler. He is a good QB that cant stay healthy, thus all the teams save one, have done poorly.

20. Thorn

Thorn Dirty Old Man

Schaub appears to be an injury prone QB, and when you put someone like that behind our line, it's a reciepe for disaster. I don't know. I started out this season hating the Schaub trade, and then changed my mind and became a Schaub supporter. I reserve the right to change my mind again, but I'm waiting to see how the season plays out.

8-8 is not going to happen this year. We are losers once again.

But I still say we are in better shape now than we were a year ago at this time. There has been improvement in this team. The fact that we were dangling the playoffs before our eyes at one point in time this season proves that.

Another off season of trades and draft picks, and we'll be a better team. Again. But this year it's really true.