CAN Reggie Bush Turn This Whole Team Around???

Discussion in 'College Football & the NFL Draft' started by HeartofHouston, Nov 27, 2005.

1. HeartofHouston

HeartofHouston Veteran

With Proper Coaching, The Proper Block Scheme and the Proper play calling it's a huge possiblity..

what do you think??

2. thetexanator

thetexanator All Pro

only if he can score tds on defense.

3. hot pickle

hot pickle Canada Eh

we don't need reggie bush, we need some defense

4. Jerry

Jerry Veteran

Ditto...Unless he turns into a ball-hawking safety, a solid cover corner, a dependable ILB, or a great lineman he won't be able to turn this team around..

5. TexanFanInDenver

TexanFanInDenver Rookie

Ok, Name one person on defense that will have as much value as Bush

6. gg no re

gg no re iggnorent

Name one struggling NFL team without an established oline that rose to glory by drafting a RB over an OT.

7. HeartofHouston

HeartofHouston Veteran

One that has as much value in the NFL now..

ED REED

One that will have it coming outta the draft this year..

Nobody..

8. Napa Auto Parts

Napa Auto Parts Hall of Fame

Chargers LT if im not mistaken i dont believe they have wasted any 1st round pick on their current O-line

9. HeartofHouston

HeartofHouston Veteran

Good Job NAPA

10. gg no re

gg no re iggnorent

Not really a good job.

San Diego was projected to have another bad year, but luckily for them, their oline happened to gel just in time.

Unfortunately for us, we can't rely on luck.

Also, although LDT was a 1st round pick, he didn't make SD a threat. It took SD _three_ years to be the playoff contenders that they are.

11. Napa Auto Parts

Napa Auto Parts Hall of Fame

so fdrafting and OT that ussually takes three years to develope would make us and a threat for the play for the play-offs wow wierd logic.

12. HeartofHouston

HeartofHouston Veteran

I cant really put too much into this reply because.. I think we should trade down and pass on Bush for extra picks..

so i'm outty.. :ok:

13. gg no re

gg no re iggnorent

It's been four years and _we_ don't have an established oline.

14. BuffSoldier

BuffSoldier Hall of Fame

Never have, and if the Texans think like some people on this message board, we never will. I just dont see the point of wasteing even more talent behind a poor offensive line. David Carr, Andre Johnson, Dominick Davis, and even good role players like Gaffney and Armstrong have not been given there fair chance to make plays behind this o-line, and no matter how good a skill player is, they cant be consistent behind a horrible o-line. If we draft Bush and we still dont have an o-line, he may do some special things, big runs and returns, and catches, he may even win us an extra game or 2 witrh his ability, but it wont be consistent enough to win in the long run. Think Corey Dillon in all those horrible Cinci teams. Great talent, that was actually better with cincy, but he couldnt win with a bad team. Fix the holes, and then worry about drafting game breakers. Draft Adrien Peterson next year or something, but we need something else this year.

15. Jerry

Jerry Veteran

We need a good O-line coach too...I wish Alex Gibbs of Atlanta would come work for us...He's done wonders for a few teams on the o-line

16. uhcougar08

uhcougar08 SHSUKATS08

OK, Bush can't turn this around, but if he's there, you don't pass on him, no one passes on Bush. He will not be Jesus, but name a team that wouldn't want him playing for them. Exactly, it's an easy answer, again, if he is there, we take him.

17. gg no re

gg no re iggnorent

So your logic is that instead of drafting for a turnaround season, you draft for Sportscenter highlights.

GOOD LOGIC.

(no offense, but your logic is that bad)

I will agree that there is no team that doesn't want Bush, but I can make the point that there is many teams that don't need Bush, very much like how rappers don't need rims, but they get them anyways.

18. uhcougar08

uhcougar08 SHSUKATS08

So your telling me that Domanick Davis is good, because he is not, he is a decent running back, we would be a fool not to draft Bush and he becomes the starter.

19. Peldon

Peldon All Pro

I would call Davis average to good. He is not great but he will be ok if we keep him. I think drafting a possibly great running back to replace a good one is not as smart as drafting either: a possible good-great offensive lineman to replace a horrible one or a possible good-great linebacker to replace a pathetic one. I know you don't agree but that's just my :twocents:

20. real

real Guest

Thats good logic, but it is aparent that no one player is going to fix the texans woes so with that being said why not take the best you can get...the texans arent't one year, or one player away so why not take the best talent available since we are going to have to rebuild...