Camp:from what I read on here:

Discussion in 'Texans Talk' started by Wolf, Jul 31, 2006.

1. Wolf

Wolf 100% Texan

I am excited about 3 things

AJ and what he is doing on the field
    Chris Taylor at RB
    John Walker

seems good reviews on all 4 days

day 4 and Pbuc gave me some hope

what is your excitement so far?

2. TEXANRED

TEXANRED Texan-American

Every hour I have taken a pic on my phone of the count down to our first pre-season game and sent it to all my friends.

I am sure they have appreciated it.:shades:

3. Kaiser Toro

Kaiser Toro Native Mod

No news on Carr, I really like that for some reason as in he is doing a lot of little things right. Boring stuff for media, but the real stuff we crave.

PBuch - Stay on him Coaches, give him some love, but keep his agent constantly around as a reminder.

Chris Taylor - My interest is piqued by our on the spot reporters and then echoed in the words of Kubiak. I am taking notes on this kid.

Mario - All day, all night. I may start working on a sack dance. I am thinking a little humpty dance, with a splash of the Jerry Lewis into a robot finish. :mario:

4. Honoring Earl 34

Honoring Earl 34 Hey Koolaid

" I am thinking a little humpty dance, with a splash of the Jerry Lewis into a robot finish. "

You have got to incorporate the Macarena in somewhere . HEEEYYY MARIO !!!

5. mexican_texan

mexican_texan Furry Tractors

The way some guys have been talking about Chris Taylor, I've gotten excited about seeing him in the preseason games.

6. Double Barrel

Double Barrel Modified Simian

I'm stoked about our D-line and linebackers. The bits I've been hearing indicate a very aggressive style of D, which is something that'll pump up the crowd as much as scoring on offense.

7. aj.

aj. Hall of Fame

I'm expecting big things from the d-line.

Our linebacker corps is a hodgepodge and leaves a lot to be desired.

8. Double Barrel

Double Barrel Modified Simian

So even with Greenwood, Ryans, Polk, Cowart, and Orr, do they appear to be forming into a cohesive unit from what you've seen?

For some reason(s), I've had higher expectations from our LB corp.

9. Coach C.

Coach C. Hall of Fame

Polk does not get alot of run man. it is more Greenwood, Ryans, Cowart, Orr, Green, Anderson. They are put together, but they fit the system as long as they make tackles. Greenwood, Ryans, and Orr has been quite an impressive cast.

10. joshri

joshri Rookie

How has John Walker looked so far? I was pretty excited we signed him as an undrafted FA. He projects as a S, correct? We could sure use some help there.

11. powerfuldragon

powerfuldragon g'mornin to you

DeMeco and the Super Mario Brother.

12. TexanFan881

TexanFan881 Hall of Fame

Since the beginning of TC I've been mainly interested in a couple things:

1.) The battle for the #2 RB. I've liked Chris Taylor since we picked him up and I'm extremely impressed with how he's been doing. I like the Willie Parker comparison in one of the other threads. Not neccisarly the running style, just being undrafted and seeing what could happen in the first year. I've been real eager to see what unrolls here and it's good to see Morency is starting to adapt to the new system.

2.) The CB battles. I've always thought Chris McKenzie was going to be good for us, and it's nice to see how well he has done so far. It sounds like with Demarcus' injury that he is nearly a lock to make the team. Tramon Williams has pretty much come out of nowhere and I'm impressed with him along with John Walker.

3.) The WR battle. I thought it was going to be AJ, Moulds, Walter, Armstrong, Mathis, and Donovan Morgan. Looks like Mathis won't be on the roster at the beginning of the season with his injury, and two players in Derrick Lewis and Jake Shifino just come out of nowhere. What a pleasant suprise.

I think the big story of training camp is the upsets that have been happening. Who would've thought that Armstrong would have been so low? Tramon who? Chris Taylor is a beast? Who would've guessed. I'm excited to see these guys step up the game and the battle to make the team should be more interesting than ever.

13. joshri

joshri Rookie

I thought by know that I would understand the Texans tight end situation but it still baffles me. I understand that we needed more depth at the position if Joppru went down again but it seems now and than that they went a little overboard.

Putzier, Bruener, Daniels and Joppru. Obviously Putzier is a lock to stick. I think its obvious that only three will make the roster. I personally would be royally ticked of Joppru didn't make the team. I think he deserves a chance. I understand Bruener is a good guy and great blocker but I couldn't imagine the team cutting Daniels or Joppru in order to keep him.

14. aj.

aj. Hall of Fame

Don't forget Aaron Halterman who's having a good camp (better than Joppru) and Patrick Hape who is the H-back/Fullback/TE hybrid. I think Bennie's days are numbered.

15. mexican_texan

mexican_texan Furry Tractors

Bennie is a bit rusy, so I think he would benefit from being on the practice squad and get called up if something unfortunate happens to Cook or any of the TEs on the roster.

16. joshri

joshri Rookie

I am assuming we take 2 FB's on the active roster. Who is the frontrunner for the second spot behind Jameel Cook?????????

17. TexanFan881

TexanFan881 Hall of Fame

I think we're only keeping one FB in Jameel Cook. And we'll keep probably one TE that can also play FB.

18. joshri

joshri Rookie

Ah ok. Sorry for the stupid question.

19. GuerillaBlack

GuerillaBlack Hall of Fame

I am hearing a lot about this Chris Taylor..Who is he? Does he perform like Willie Parker, because if so, the Texans are set with the RB position.

20. vtech9

vtech9 Hall of Fame

I meant to ask about Halterman, because he played the H-Back roll over in NFLEurope. He would move around from FB to TE to HB, and he was pretty successful over there. You say he is having a good camp. How good? Also, how are the other TE/FB's doing? I haven't heard anything about Hape, Bruenner, Cook, or even Daniels. At this point, which of them do you think are locks, and which ones do you think have an appointment with the Turk?