Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

calling out brooks reed and whitney mercilus

thunderkyss

Just win baby!!!
Staff member
Contributor's Club
So...... what did you think of Whitney last week?

One of his sacks he was spying Russell Wilson, so he didn't really compete against another player. They all count, but I think he had a good enough game without that gimme sack.

Not saying he's arrived as a pass rusher, but he's still showing good effort & continuous improvement. He's going to get a bunch of sacks before it's all over & he's getting better against the run. He looks like he's going to be a well rounded player.

kiwitexansfan

Hall of Fame
At the very least he is in the picture a lot, the defense will have to account for him anytime he is out there. You need to have that kind of player on a defense.

Nitrofish

Let The Big Fish Eat!
Why can't we give Willie Jefferson a chance at Brooks Reed's OLB spot, I mean really what's it going to hurt to try. What we're doing now isn't working and maybe he'll succeed where Reed is failing.
"A bird in the hand is worth two in the bush"

silvrhand

All Pro
Why can't we give Willie Jefferson a chance at Brooks Reed's OLB spot, I mean really what's it going to hurt to try. What we're doing now isn't working and maybe he'll succeed where Reed is failing.
He was out on the field for a few plays in the second half this week, didn't get a chance to see how well he did though.

dc_txtech

All Pro
Correct me if I'm wrong but I seem to remember him on the field and looking confused as Lynch strolled into the endzone untouched.

VTexan

Rookie

One of his sacks he was spying Russell Wilson, so he didn't really compete against another player. They all count, but I think he had a good enough game without that gimme sack.

Not saying he's arrived as a pass rusher, but he's still showing good effort & continuous improvement. He's going to get a bunch of sacks before it's all over & he's getting better against the run. He looks like he's going to be a well rounded player.
think mercilus is stepping up. nice to see him get a few sacks in the seattle game.

brooks reed seems to be losing his game time to swearinger as wade seems to love that 3 safety package.

b0ng

Bad Hombre

Name the two Seahawks tackles that played Sunday! (Hint: Their names were not Okung and Giancomini)

It's encouraging, but he's not going to get to play against second stringers the rest of the season. Brooks Reed was better than he has been but has been terrible all season. Kinda disappointed in both of them but moreso in Mercilus due to draft position, who he gets to play next to, and name potential.

deucetx

Rookie
I haven't had any issues with Mercilus thus far rushing the passer. He has had a sack in every game except for the Titans one but still registered three quarterback hurries that game. We're talking a guy that got no preseason snaps and was injured during that time. So he came in cold yet still is progressing with each week. It's exactly what we should expect and want to see. Now it comes down can he keep it up and continue to progress.

2012Champs

Hall of Fame
Whitney is on pace for a better season than last

56 tackels 20 asst and 14 sacks

vs

20/5/6 last year

Brooks eh not much differnce adjust for a 12 game season

this year

30/15/3

vs

19/8/2.5