Call Tampa Bay?

Discussion in 'Texans Talk' started by cuppacoffee, Sep 24, 2006.

1. cuppacoffee

cuppacoffee Resident Grouch

Should we call Tampa Bay and offer Carr for their #1 next year?

Think Tampa would go for it?

I am a Carr :homer: but the guy can't win here :dangit: no matter what he does.

Give him a fresh start and make a large % of your fan base happy.

:coffee:

2. New_Texans

New_Texans All Pro

And get who Brady Quinn?

Id much rather keep Carr than having another rookie qb and a losing record for another 5 years.

3. tburdette

tburdette Rookie

I agree w/ this. A rookie takes a few years to get up to speed with the pro game and we cannot afford to go thru that growing stage again. Carr is putting up good numbers and seems to have turned the corner. Now if we can just get a defense to help him out we might be a good team.

4. tburdette

tburdette Rookie

I just think though that getting another rookie QB will set us back another 4 years where right now we have a chance to be good in 2.

5. kingh99

kingh99 Guest

Sage Rosenfelds won 6 games in a row last year. Now they'll tell you it's a team game but 6 wins is six wins. They need to make a change, a radical change if they expect people to stay with them. 5 years is enough of this stuff with Carr. He's perfected the theory that a QB will never get benched for getting sacked but always get benched for throwing INT's. So he plays not to throw INT's. Which is fine if you are all about playing it safe and building that QB rating. Personally I'd rather have the worst QB and some wins.

6. TexasJedi

TexasJedi Hall of Fame

When I heard about Simms' injury last night, I knew someone would suggest this. Tampa is a better team than us, so we would probably be talking about a mid to late 1st rounder. Not worth it, IMO, plus I like Carr.

7. infantrycak

infantrycak Mod. Staff Member

You have said this before and been corrected on it. STOP. Sage didn't even play in 6 games last year. He has started 2 games in his career and both were losses.

8. kingh99

kingh99 Guest

I am sorry. I thought he had a 6 game winning streak. Who won those games? Ferrotte?

9. wrestler4life

wrestler4life Veteran

just stop

10. infantrycak

infantrycak Mod. Staff Member

Yes Frerote started 15 of 16 games last year including the end of the season run of 6 wins.

11. Heywood

Heywood Veteran

carr would collapse under gruden's pressure. carr isn't man enuf for that- carr has spent his entire adult life being babied.

i prefer dealing with oakland- they are likely to have the #1 pick next year. trade carr for their #1 plus burgess. now, that's a trade!

course i'm guessing carr can't be traded must be a part of the horrific extension he got.

12. hollywood_texan

hollywood_texan Hall of Fame

There is no way we get a 1st rounder for Carr in a trade.

Sage was not the starting QB for the Dolphins when they won six straight last year. He played a lot for one of those wins and very little in another one. Bottom line, that winning streak wasn't because of Sage. Otherwise, he would have stayed in Miami.

13. Second Honeymoon

Second Honeymoon Hall of Fame

If you think Tampa Bay would give us a #1 pick for Carr you are greatly mistaken. His current contract and his lack of a good W-L record preclude that from ever becoming reality.

Bottom line is that Carr has made progress this year and is not the reason we are 0-3. The only thing that getting rid of Carr would do is show the locker room that anyone can be gotten rid of at any time and that eventually we need results. We would get a 2nd or 3rd round for him and that is it. If he finished the season with a 100+ QB rating, we may be able to pilfer a late 1st rounder in the offseason but why would you do that? Brady Quinn doesnt impress me. No QBs in college currently impress me. Our best bet is to stick with Carr or sign a veteran FA that is hungry for a starting job. Now if Carr doesnt keep improving I may be more open to getting rid of him, but anyone who thinks he is the problem right now is fooling themselves...i am one of the biggest Carr bashers out there but aside from the fumbilitis he has improved under Kubiak's wing.

Doug from The Woodlands

santo likes this.
  14. kingh99

kingh99 Guest

If you are still a Carr defender after 5 years of his follies then Heaven has a special place you you. With the puppies and children. It's not that he's drop dead bad. It's not like Mike Lamb is drop dead bad at 1st base on defense either. But it's the intangibles, say for Lane it's the ability to throw straight under pressure or pick the ball clean under pressure, that gets guys like this relegated to the bench in spite of their prodigious capabilities. When there are two guys wide open in the flat on 3rd and 6 and the OLine is actually hold up on the play and Carr panicks and imagines pressure before throwing the incompletion over the middle, it's not going to show in the box score but he sucked it up on the play. That's what we are fed up about.

15. hollywood_texan

hollywood_texan Hall of Fame

Carr is not the biggest problem of the team. Yes, he some good stats at times and plays well on the first drive at home and does some clean up work in the fourth. In the second and third quarters, Carr is nonexistent, just like the rest of the team, not to mention some mistakes that shouldn't happen.

Let's get one thing straight, Carr has not shown he can play all four quarters over an extended period time, which is the point of having an expensive quarterback. Granted he hasn't had much help, but I don't see how he can hang around 3 to 4 more years when the help could come around if Kubiak can get his act together.

16. kingh99

kingh99 Guest

And I saw him pitifully underthrow the receiver on the curl route in the 3rd quarter. The receiver was reduced to trying to break up the interception. Another play I saw him almost come out of his shoes to throw the ball 20 yards. He's not the cannon people make out. Not by a loooong shot.

17. cuppacoffee

cuppacoffee Resident Grouch

Oakland trade sounds good.

I only mentioned Tampa because I suspect they may go into panic mode with Simms being out.

Carrs contract would probably put the skids on any trade talks.

Just thinking out loud and throwing it out there for discussion.

:coffee:

18. The Pencil Neck

The Pencil Neck Subscribed Contributor

This is something I never thought I'd see without sarcasm involved.

19. mexican_texan

mexican_texan Furry Tractors

I've said it before, I'll say it again: Gradkowski will play for the Bucs.

I'm more interested in Adrian Wilson and Karlos Dansby from the Cards. They could use McKinney and are looking to trade Dansby. Wilson is an elite safety...not really on the block, but I want him.

20. edo783

edo783 Site Contributor

See, there ya go again just making stuff up like the Sage six win thing. This didn't actually happen either. You really need to stop listning to those voices in your head.