Call out to other Cowboy fans in dire times such as these..

Discussion in 'The National Football League' started by HowBoutThemCowboys!, Jan 13, 2007.

1. HowBoutThemCowboys!

HowBoutThemCowboys! All Pro

It seems like every day there are new threads about who is biased against or hates the Dallas Cowboys. Not even Cowboys legends are exempt from this any more. It's more prevalent than Paris Hilton tabloid stories.

The threads are everywhere, and they're beyond annoying. Why are they annoying? Because Cowboys are not soft. Cowboys were rough, tough, hardened men who busted their butts. Save that lace panties stuff for the teams that need it. They wipe their tears away with scented Kleenex. We wipe away our sweat with cactus and pick our teeth with the thorns.

I have some advice for those who get upset by this hatred and bias. It's real simple, embrace the hatred. Soak it up. Revel in it. Let it put a smile on your face that can't be wiped off no matter how hard they rub. Hell, dance if you've got rhythm, or even if you don't but could give a crap who's watching.

Do anything but whine about some new hatred or bias. It isn't new. Not by a long shot.

Some of us have embraced this hatred for years. On cold nights it keeps us warm. You want to know why we accept it? Because no one hates a doormat. Be serious for a minute, how many of you have ever heard of someone who hates the Detroit Lions? They're a doormat. Well, folks no one wipes their feet on the Dallas Cowboys. We kick back. With spurs on our boots.

It's real simple math. No one hates the doormats because they don't matter. They don't sell. There's no sex appeal.

Folks, the Dallas Cowboys are sexy, and sex sells. Everything about the Cowboys sells. We're right smack dab in the middle of the country and the football world revolves around us. Don't believe it? Look at the TV ratings and do the math. We sell. The Dallas Cowboys being good is good for the NFL. Bet on it.

Why do other nations hate America? Because we're the biggest, baddest cats on the planet. There's more money here. There's more excitement. There's more opportunity. None of that is bad, so why do they hate us? Because looking up hurts their necks, and they're cranky as hell.

If America is the cream of the crop, then America's Team is too. That's what that nickname was meant to portray. The best. People hate the best. Let 'em.

Haven't you ever noticed how that nickname infuriates some people? It's just a freaking nickname for crying out loud. No one decries the "Purple People Eaters." How can cannibalism not be offensive? Because there's no prestige in it. No one is trying to get that nickname. America's team? Everyone wants it. Too damn bad, that's ours. Keep your grubby hands off or you'll pull back a bloody stump.

Opposing team's fans will tell you that the nickname is offensive, but look how many of them want it for themselves. This year we were encouraged to loan the nickname to New Orleans because of their rebuilding from Katrina. The team in our Nation's capital wants the nickname. The Steelers have laid claim to it. So have the Packers. So have the Jets and Giants after 9/11. So have the Patriots. It's a redundant theme. Not even baseball teams like the Braves or Yankees have been able to pry that moniker away from the Cowboys. Nor the Lakers or Celtics in basketball.

You want to know why none of them ever get to use that nickname? They can't earn it. Love us or hate us, the Cowboys earned the nickname America's Team. How can I say this? Simple, have we ever lost it? Even when we were doormats the name was used. The media still loves to use it. Even while they stir the haterade.

Let 'em stir it. It means we matter. Some of you want a media who fawns over us and praises every move. I don't understand that. The hatred is good. Long live the hatred of the Dallas Cowboys. Bring it on.

The only time any of us should mention the hatred is when our players are passed over for the Pro Football Hall of Fame. That is offensive. The rest of it is butter and gravy. Pour it on and make it thick. Leave the whine and cheese to the lace panties crowd.

Embrace the hatred I tell you. You can't believe how good you will feel. You'll stand taller because your back will be straighter without all that guilt on your shoulders. Who wants that guilt and crap that political correctness wants you to swallow? The hell with that, throw it up. Stick your finger down your throat if you have to. That diet is for wussies.

Not only will your back be straighter but you will enjoy the melodic sound of the clanging of brass below your belt.

Quit screwing around with the mock shock and just embrace the hatred. Save the drama for mama and man up. When you're walking down the street in your Cowboys gear and someone says "Dallas sucks" to you, grin at 'em with your best smirk and say back to them, "Hate all you want. I eat it for breakfast."

bah007 and ramair6 like this.
  2. edo783

edo783 Site Contributor

Oh good grief, now the clodplop fans are slurping themselves.

3. mexican_texan

mexican_texan Furry Tractors

Romo choked.

4. TwinSisters

TwinSisters Hall of Fame

I just want to make a confession too...

I haven't cried in a football game in over 20 years. I think the last time I did, I was on the bottom of a ten ox pile up, struck with the stark and sudden realization that I was slightly bovinaphobic.

When Romo slipped the snap and little Grammatica stuttered stepped, I swear to God, a little tear rolled down my cheek.

5. GuerillaBlack

GuerillaBlack Hall of Fame

Get a life. All that from two threads. You Cowboy fans need to stop thinking you are the best. Too cocky.

6. NederlandTexan

NederlandTexan Veteran

Let me add this to the pile of reasons to dislike cowboy fans. Y'all lost, get over it. Also, Irving has America's Team because you either love them or you hate them. And there are lots of people who love to watch them lose. Troll away.

7. OzzO

OzzO .. and then?

huh? Anyone else not following the reason of this thread?

8. gwallaia

gwallaia Moderator Staff Member

This is a Texan board. We can insult the Cowboys all we want.

9. shinerbock_girl

shinerbock_girl Hall of Fame

You lost, get over it!!!! End of story.

10. Wolf

Wolf 100% Texan

FYI Cowboys didn't come up with America's team, NFL films did.

Reason Cowboys are popular are you either love them or hate them.. People watch the Cowboys to see them get beat or see them win (depending on which side of the fence you are on)

11. cuppacoffee

cuppacoffee Resident Grouch

You should do your :crying: on a cowgirl message board.

:coffee:

12. StarStruck

StarStruck Site Contributor

I think the post ended up here because the forum is "The Naitonal Football League."

I've read through the why we love the Cowboys and the reason why many hate the Cowboys. I'm resigned to it being one of those facts of life and all the questioning, explaining, etc. isn't going to change it either way. It isn't going to change how I feel about or support the Texans or any other team.

I don't really hate any team although their are some I don't care for due to the rivalries, but at the same time if a relative, student, or someone I know personally end up on one of those teams I know that I will have an attitude adjustment.

Given that I will be a lifelong Cowboys fan, I've found a way not to really care what anyone thinks, otherwise too many will be controlling my emotions.:)

13. Stampede

Stampede Veteran

No offense, but are you sure thats sweat that your wiping?..Sounds more like a bad case of diarrhea.

14. YellerLotYeller

YellerLotYeller nice marmot

Ahhh...nothing beats the sound of a cowgirl fan crying.

15. HowBoutThemCowboys!

HowBoutThemCowboys! All Pro

I guess none of you guys even understood the point of the post.. keep the hate coming! I'm embracing it.

16. Titan "Tack" Fan

Titan "Tack" Fan Hall of Fame

I stopped reading after the first paragraph. No one wants to hear you whine.

Romo choked. He's lucky to be even sniffing the Pro Bowl. He's just a spark that will never turn into fire.

17. WWJD

WWJD Hall of Fame

Romo did fine for a guy coming off the bench. Up to that point of the season it was obvious the Cowboys were going nowhere and he was the catalyst that got them into the playoffs.

As an aside and not that any of these guys know a THING about football but to a man each of the FOX sports guys (Bradshaw, Long and Johnson) all said Romo would be fine.

But of course we here on the message board know far better than any of them don't we?

18. ROCKY

ROCKY Rookie

Well then you must be the happiest guy in town!

The Cowboys are SOFT IN THE HEAD, they are talented, but they choke in every big game they play, and they dont get up for the games they should win.

I at least respected the Aikman teams, because they were built the right way. They were all obviously hard workers who were devoted to winning, and devoted to the team. Ever since those guys started to retire from the game, Uncle Jerry has just thrown money at the problem, trotting in every used up, big name has been under the sun. So as a result the team has stayed in a state of suspended crappiness for years.

The Dallas Cowboys dont suck...They are just a bloated, rotting corpse. They are classless and have absolutely no respect for the history of the organization. Uncle Jerry showed that the only part of the Cowboy tradition he cares about is the winning part...and he has succeeded, but at the cost of what made them America's team in the first place...good riddance.

19. WWJD

WWJD Hall of Fame

Strange you would use the analogy of the "Aikman" teams because those were the teams that had most of the players on them that got the Cowboys so much bad publicity. Their best teams no doubt but hardly devoted just to winning and the Cowboy tradition.

It's well know that Coach Landry turned a blind eye to the malcontents on the teams he coached; for the most part the Cowboys were driven to the mass success in marketing they shared in those years because of Tex who was a genius at what he did. Landry made them what they were as a team but Tex made them what they became as a product.

And it is Jerry's main job to sell the team as a product. They are his business. And on that level he's done a great job.

20. ROCKY

ROCKY Rookie

I am not saying that the Aikman teams were a gang of choirboys, cause they werent. But on the field, Aikman, Emmit and Irvin were gonna do whatever it took, they had heart and courage in spades. As I said, I have always hated the boys, but I at least respected them as a football team.

There was no need to "sell the team" the team played with such determination you had no choice but to look up to them at least a bit.

That is why this team looks more like a gang of substitute teachers, they play with no heart or courage. Dont get me wrong, there are several players on the team that are really talented, They just seem...hollow somehow.