Support Texans Talk as a Monthly Donor

Cal McNair...

Discussion in 'Texans Talk' started by Mangler, Jun 9, 2019.

1. Texecutioner

Texecutioner Hall of Fame

What makes you think he'll want to leave his job in NE so badly for this?

Lol! What could go wrong there?

2. 281Texan

281Texan Veteran

When we go back and look at Gaine, he brought in 3 OL last year, none who
    With the Cards going through a rebuild, I’d offer a 2nd for Peterson. Maybe sweeten it by adding a conditional 4th in 2021. He’s out for half the season, and would be a perfect addition for us. For Trent, 3rd and a 5th. Trent wants out, he’s 31, I don’t see anyone offering much more than that for him. For duke, a conditional 4th/5th. We’re obviously not going to get all 3. As far as clowney goes, pay the man. Imagine a world where JJ gets injured and clowney walks. You literally have 0 pass rush unless you bring back mercilus. If we were backed up on cash, I’d say yeah let’s be a lot more careful. But if I’m not mistaken we have $40+ million to spend with clowney’s $20m cap hit

3. 281Texan

281Texan Veteran

If the job is a promotion in regards to what he’s doing now, aka more control/responsibilities, the Pats cannot block it per the new CBA. Now, if he doesn’t want the job he can of course say no thanks and move on. But if we’re offering a true GM position with true GM responsibilities they have to grant it

4. Pharaohcious

Pharaohcious Veteran

Well can Nicky handle the spotlight i'd guess not since he's not on the podium up at NE... I'd go with the guy from KC or the guy from ATL

5. Texecutioner

I've been beating a drum about this since last season when he was on the trading block. He was easily worth a first rounder. Now with his suspension his value has dropped some, and a 2nd rounder with some other BS picks could possibly do it. Your CB problem is solved for quite a few yrs.

281Texan and amazing80 like this.
  6. Seegara

Seegara Hall of Fame

I mean do it on the QT, the same as goes on everywhere in the NFL. If he agrees, he just resigns from the Pats and then we formally hire him.

7. maverick512000

maverick512000 Hall of Fame

He is under contract, not every state is an at will state like Texas where you can leave at anytime, or be fired at anytime. He may also have a no compete clause which prevents him from joining another team for a set amount of time.

8. Insideop

Insideop Hall of Fame

Other than an opportunity to be out from under "Belicheat" and run his own organization with a young franchise QB to build around, nothing! He's been at NE since 2001 and has been there for all 6 Super Bowls. No matter what he did to help that organization get those rings he will probably not get much credit for it. It will always be the teams that BB built. Now, I don't know what his personal or family situation is, but maybe, if he's ambitious enough, he might want to run his own team! JMO.

Texas Jake and steelbtexan like this.
  9. House of Pain

House of Pain Knee-jerkless

This could ultimately be the worst mistake that Cal can make. Having said that, IMO it's good to see Cal take a chance for the reason listed above. Last time I checked, there is no championship banner at NRG and we got to this point with Robert McNair calling the shots. Let Cal succeed/fail under his own circumstances. It's his team, so let him call the shots.

I don't remember when I posted it, but I've been on the record here stating that we won't win a championship with O'Brien (in his current state) unless we have a roster that is so talented, that even Barry Switzer could win with them. If the next GM provides this talent to the team, it won't matter who our coach is. Odds are still SOT, but even a blind squirrel finds an acorn now and again.

10. Texecutioner

Funny how you try to call Belicheck names like that, but want his guys from his organization. Lol!

For all of the folks who try to chime to this, why is it that they all want NE's coaches and management staff so badly?

steelbtexan likes this.

Support Texans Talk as a Monthly Donor
  11. Speedy

Speedy Yeller Dweller

Just another ploy by the hoodie to make us think we've got to have this guy at all costs. And there go the Texans falling off a cliff every time Wile E Coyote style.

santo likes this.
  12. Texecutioner

I dunno honestly. Belicheck is a wizard of his own that no one to this day has ever really figured out. All of his decisions are not always great like many seem to think. Sometimes he overthinks things. Is this a ploy? Possibly. I don't think it is personally, because he really does a lot for them and since their DC left, Bill is doing a lot more right now. If Cesario leaves Bill will have extra extra on his plate, and that isn't a very easily replaceable position based on what Cesario does over there.

13. steelbtexan

steelbtexan Hall of Fame

Ossenfort would be the next in line. For next season McDaniels will run the offense, Belichick will run the defense. (While Jared Mayo learns) Ossenfort will run the personnel side.

Belichick is looking for a draft pick, I would give him a 3rd or tell him to prove tampering (No 1st rd ) if Caserio is the guy I really wanted.

14. austins23

austins23 Hall of Fame

Maybe OB has a "daddy" complex with Belichik and is doing everything he can to make daddy proud. Like trying to be just like him, outsmart him...hell, how about just beat him.

15. maverick512000

maverick512000 Hall of Fame

I agree with offering a pick and three is about as good as I would do as well but it’s the part about telling them to prove that bothers me. We’re not dealing with a court of laws where there is a burden of proof we are dealing with the NFL and it’s in house rules. The league could very easily decide to rule in NE favor just because they don’t like the optics and want to make an example to other teams.

In the fight of which has Goodell’s ear more Kraft and the Pats or Cal and the Texans I don’t like our chances.

16. Insideop

Insideop Hall of Fame

I don't think I ever said I personally want Caserio as the GM for the Texans but, it is who the Texans FO want. Why do they all want the NE coaches and management? The obvious answer is because they are from a winning organization and regardless of what "Belicheat" and Kraft have done (inside or outside of the rules) to become a winning organization they are still, at the end of the day, one of winningest franchises in the NFL and that is what all fans, coaches, management, etc... want and strive for. If the Texans feel that getting Caserio will help give them that, then so be it!

CWTexansFan and Toro Bravo like this.
  17. steelbtexan

steelbtexan Hall of Fame

Yep, God'ells is a known sleazeball

18. Texecutioner

This is pretty accurate as far as the NE triangle goes. THey're hoping that Mayo will learn fast enough and eventually prove worthy to take over the DC play calling, but until then its Belicheck's gig now. Losing Cesario at a time like this is not good for them.

steelbtexan likes this.
  19. Seegara

Seegara Hall of Fame

Cal was mad at Gaine for getting outflanked by the Eagles? Now it looks like Cal himself was outflanked, lost his GM, and wound up with egg on his face. Are the Texans now owned by the King of All Fools?

santo and TheKDog like this.
  20. Mangler

Mangler Hall of Fame

I don't believe that it was Cal's idea to go after Caserio. I'm almost certain that Obrien convinced him that Caserio was an absolute must have! Cal, being the unkowledgeable fool that he obviously is, probably believed that Obrien knew what he was talking about and believed they could build a dynasty by bringing Nick Caserio to Houston. I don't blame Cal for trying, I blame Obrien, as he's the one that makes a bunch of retarded ass decisions. I just hope Cal opens his eyes and cans Obrien's ass!

CWTexansFan, Seegara and TheKDog like this.