Cal McNair...

Discussion in 'Texans Talk' started by Mangler, Jun 9, 2019.

1. maverick512000

maverick512000 All Pro

No what's ignorant is to make claims as though we have any idea what Cal and the Texans are thinking. If anything this shows us we don't. Not sure where in the real world you have seen any sign that BoB is on the hot seat. That's just you hoping he is.

As far as joining a team if I'm the GM yeah, I want to build my team not babysit the team the last, in our case, two GMs built. Most owners realize that when you bring a new GM in they have to have time to fix whatever reason you brought them in for.

The fact that as of right now Cal doesn't seem to understand that is what scares the hell out of me. I'm just hoping and praying this was done because they already have the next guy lined up.

2. JB

JB Old Curmudgeon

What gives you this impression?

CWTexansFan and maverick512000 like this.
  3. cuppacoffee

cuppacoffee Resident Grouch

Very shortsighted if he didn't. Not at all impressed with the two interviewees' so far.

I understand your trepidation, but I'm not jumping to any conclusions on Cal.

I always give "benefit of the doubt", until there is no doubt.

:coffee:

CWTexansFan and steelbtexan like this.
  4. Texas Jake

Texas Jake All Pro

The only thing we know about what Cal is going to do is that we don't know.

Firing Gaine shows us he is willing to make sudden, unexpected changes, how that affects BOB is unknown. I believe it demonstrated that if he loses confidence in BOB that he will be gone; it does not give us any indication of what it will take to get to that point or when it may occur.

5. JB

JB Old Curmudgeon

I'm hoping that's the point

6. Dakota

Dakota Ticketbooth Attendant

Hey guys, Cal M here.

I know you're surprised by this move, given the overall accuracy of this board's draft choices this year vs reality. It's hard to believe that a bunch of millionaire and billionaire businessmen who do this for a living, are surrounded by professionals who do this for a living, and who have access to an unlimited amount of resources and information that the public is not privy to would make such a move without first consulting the cumulative knowledge that is our fanbase. We just feel Nick Caserio is that last puzzle piece we were missing to finally emulate the team that has dominated our conference for over a decade now, and we feel like there's no better time to make such a move than right before OTA's. I also want you all to be the first to know I will be changing our name to the Patrexans, but rest assure no change will be required to our uniform's color scheme.

Thanks to all of you for continually selling out every home game regardless of the amount of hot air accumulating on these forums, and GO TEXANS!

CWTexansFan, Porky, disaacks3 and 4 others like this.
  7. cuppacoffee

Quite possible that these interviews are only smoke screens and that Caserio was in even before Gaine was out?

Mixed emotions about it all as I thought Gaine had done a good job so far.

Guess it just wasn't good enough.

8. Mangler

Mangler Hall of Fame

Hi, Cal.

Just want you to know that your mustache makes you look like a child molester. Get with the times...

CWTexansFan likes this.
  9. cuppacoffee

Cal
    Just the fact that you seem ready to shell out / share the family fortune has made at least one of our posters very happy. :)

10. Dakota

Hi Mangler, Cal M again...

I know I should be busy with interviews and running day-to-day operations, but I cant just have one of my franchise's fans disrespect my cat brush that way. Please apologize at your earliest convenience.

CWTexansFan, santo and steelbtexan like this.

11. steelbtexan

steelbtexan Hall of Fame

Funny stuff

12. steelbtexan

steelbtexan Hall of Fame

Hey Cal, why do you raise ticket prices every yr even though your on field product has been mediocre at best?

CWTexansFan and CloakNNNdagger like this.
  13. Dakota

First of all, how dare you. Secondly, it's basic supply and demand - a city of 2.1 million people fighting for 72k seats, in football loving TX! We sold 90% of our PSL's in 2002 and their value has continued to go up up up, so the cash register has just been ding ding dinging every year regardless of what we put on the field! As I always say, mediocre is in the eye of the ogre. 42-38 over the last 5 years baybeeeee!

14. DocBar

DocBar Hall of Fame

They got overruled by BB. He blocked the Texans from interviewing Caserio.

Here's the Patriots executive the Texans could target as their next general managerhttps://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/...s-could-target-as-their-next-general-manager/

CWTexansFan, Insideop and Texas Jake like this.
  15. Pharaohcious

Pharaohcious Veteran

I'm proud of Cal!

Not only did he send shockwaves throughout the National Football League... He also put everyone in the front office "ON NOTICE" effective IMMEDIATLY

Cal just showed me he's going to tune up this organization and doesn't mind taking risks as an Owner while concurrently emerging as a future face of the NFL Owners association.

He's starting at the top end downward which means NO-BODY is going to be unspoken for when it comes to responsibility for each individuals role to the organization and in the end I feel that CAL is PHARAOHCIOUS! I love Love LOVE the move and what I like even more is the fact that we're going to inevitably move on from O'Brien whose had a NUMBER of Strong Arm QBs to show his system off and still "STILL" the MOBILE QB has elevated the HC... When it's supposed to be the other way around...

16. IDEXAN

IDEXAN Hall of Fame

You'all still buyin those tickets, right ? Does that help you ?

steelbtexan and Pharaohcious like this.
  17. Double Barrel

Double Barrel Modified Simian

Why does a dog lick his nuts?

It's the same answer. :shades:

I have no idea what to think of Cal or this front office. We know they run this thing closer to a corporate board structure than a traditional NFL model of owner>GM>HC. The McNair's were comfortable with the board model from their backgrounds.

My guess, and only a speculation based on very little known facts (since the Texans FO are like the KGB with information), is Cal/OB did not like the offseason moves/non-moves and had already had another candidate in their sites. We do not have any indication of personal beefs like we had with OB/Rick Smith. All was quiet before this news dropped.

It's a bad look for an NFL team to fire GM in June. Makes them look bush league, and that makes me guess that this decision is bigger than the PR hit and they've already got someone lined up.

I doubt OB is on a hot seat at this point in time. Y'all are wishful thinking that one. Most likely he's in on the GM decision with Cal. JMO

18. Texecutioner

Texecutioner Hall of Fame

:spit: By firing a GM at one of the worst times possible with no real direction to go in, and you're talking like he just won a SB. He looks very Jim Irsayish to most people around the league with this sudden overreaction with such poor timing.

19. Texecutioner

Texecutioner Hall of Fame

I have a bad feeling that is what is taking place right now DB. I hope we're wrong, but that's been their style since hiring Rick. I think that the Texans are likely to hire a GM that OB is "comfortable with."

20. Porky

Porky Hall of Fame

Where some of you see Cal making a big move and putting BOB on notice, all I see is BOB gaining Bellichik type power.

At this point, I'm not so sure Cal isn't subservient to BOB.

I think Brian T. Smith called him King Bob in a column this weekend and he isn't going anywhere any time soon.

For better or worse, this is now BOB's team from the ownership to the water boy.