By all means get rid of Carr

Discussion in 'Texans Talk' started by daddypapa, Dec 4, 2005.

1. daddypapa

daddypapa Rookie

I have been reading posts here for quite awhile and finally decided to register and post my own. I can't believe how ignorant some of you are when it comes to David Carr. Did Troy Aikman, Joe Montana, Terry Bradshaw and, oh yeah, Tom Brady win all their Super Bowls on their own? NO! They each had really solid defenses, quality receivers, a good running game and oh yeah, an OFFENSIVE LINE!

If you think just because he was your number one draft choice he should have an "S" on his chest and wear a cape you don't deserve to have a quarterback like David Carr.

You sound just like the Tampa Bay Bucs fans in the mid 80s with a quarterback by the name of Steve Young. Everyone blamed him and look what happened...the team let him get away and he ended up having a Hall of Fame career.

Will the same happen to David Carr? I doubt it. But, he sure as heck doesn't need all this grief from a bunch of armchair knowitalls with 20/20 hindsight.

All the same, go ahead, get rid of David Carr. Bring in Matt Leinart and watch the same thing happen while Carr flourishes with another team.

Or, do the smart thing...draft Reggie Bush and build an offensive line that can stop a rush by any team stronger than Sisters of the Poor.

Daddypapa the Wise

:cool:

Napa Auto Parts likes this.
  2. Proteus

Proteus Rookie

We, the people who understand whats really going on, see the fatal flaws in Carr. Listen, comparing Carr to the likes of Montana, Young, Bradshaw, etc. is crazy. Carr is not, and will never be like, and could never attain the greatness of those mentioned. He is a medicore QB. When the line holds up, when he takes a 5-step drop, when he scans the field for open receivers... he 75% of the time, chokes. Yes, he has made some great plays and thrown some spectacular balls, but not enough to call him great. The record books will not be flooded with his records (except most sacks), and the hall of fame will never call him up. Thats just the facts. Get over it.
    ~Proteus

3. False Start

False Start On # 69

Wow I must say I agree 100% with you . :jam:

4. Proteus

Proteus Rookie

I too mourn the loss of Dimebag.... R.I.P, I just had to add that.
    ~Proteus

5. Marcus

Marcus Ruthless pragmatist

When the line holds up on a 5-step drop? :um:

When, praytell, have you ever seen that?

6. Honoring Earl 34

Honoring Earl 34 Hey Koolaid

:texflag: Has anyone mentioned any USC quarterbacks lately ? I think the talk has been a Virginia LT and a USC tailback.

7. Proteus

Proteus Rookie

Maybe I should educate you on some english skills... Did I say "when the line holds up on a 5-step drop? No. I said "when the line holds up, when Carr takes a 5-step drop, etc." That sentence discribes a series of events that are not related. Let me break it down to you this way... "When I see that the line holds off defenders for Carr.... When I also see times where Carr takes a 5-step drop (which is not very often).... " is that easier to understand?
    ~Proteus, praytell

8. Marcus

Marcus Ruthless pragmatist

Screw your English lessons. Let me put it to you this way. If, and until, you see Carr have the adequate time to throw consistantly from a 5 step drop, you are in no position to judge.

9. Proteus

Proteus Rookie

Thats the beauty of living in a free country. I can pass judgement on Carr's performance every Sunday. We all understand the game of football, if it was not so, we wouldn't be here on the message boards debating everything from Carr's performance to who the Texans will draft for next season. Bottom line, Carr is a lame duck... no matter how much time he has to throw.
    ~Proteus

10. Goldeagle

Goldeagle Hall of Fame

Yup, according to many league coaches and former players. I do recall Tony Dungy saying not even Peyton Manning would do any better than Carr with what he has in front of him.

Theismann and Dungy echoed a point about no one knows if Carr is good or not? They think he is good but you wont know until he gets an AVERAGE offensive line.

You might need to rid yourself of Carr because he is damaged goods. Then again like ANY Houston team, as soon as he goes somewhere else we will see him in the Super Bowl

11. Proteus

Proteus Rookie

Point well taken. I feel that he is damaged goods and probably suffers from shell-shock. <=That is my honest opinion. To think he can play well for ANY team after his beating through 4 years in Houston is crazy talk.
    ~Proteus

12. NFLforher

NFLforher All Pro

Rodger?

:texflag:

13. Scott D

Scott D Veteran

I was wondering about all you people who want to get rid of Carr.

Since you fellas know so much about football, I have one question for you. How many years were you all in the NFL and what position did you play in? How about the coaches position.

You know, I tend to agree more with this statement from the people who ARE in the league rather than you wannabe's out there who have never set foot on the field and either played or coached professional football. I agree with these coaches (like Tony Dungy) rather than you people. If you guys have all the answers then quit your jobs and go and do what you feel is necessary to fix the Texans problems since you feel they don't know how.

Geez there are too many armchair QB's out there.

As I always say, if you think it need to be better, then go out and prove it to everybody.

Besides, what if the Texans were, say 9-3. I'll bet you just might have a different viewpoint if the record was reversed. I know for a fact that the coaches and the players know exactly what the problem is better than you or I do.

14. daddypapa

daddypapa Rookie

Maybe the Texans should have drafted Harrington...that would have been the answer! He will be available this off-season, maybe the Texans can get him cheap. Then Carr can go anywhere...even the Saints and do better than the Texans.

Before the Texans ownership gives up on Carr they need to give up on the head coach, the offensive coordinator, the offensive line and the running game.

Too bad the 49ers drafted Alex Smith because I would love to see them go after Carr. Or maybe, since Carr grew up a Dallas Cowboys fan he could do there as the replacement to Drew Bledsoe.

Daddypapa the Wise

15. Kaiser Toro

Kaiser Toro Native Mod

We are armchair QB's who pay money to make the Texan machine run, consequently we have a de facto voice. Of course no coach is going to come out and speak poorly about anohter team. If you tend to read most of the posts with a Carr focus you will see that the rants do have some logic behind them, namely contract implications.

Appreciate the post as you are correct in that winning does cure all, but digest all of the takes.

16. Scott D

Scott D Veteran

My complaint is that you are quick to judge and slow to think.

Alright. Let's put Peyton Manning in the Texans offense and David Carr in the Colts offense.

You know what I think will happen? Carr is going to look pretty good out there and Manning is going to S-U-C-K!

Now let's continue on a little bit further. Now we need to fix this problem. We need to get rid of this no-good-for-nothing QB and replace him with somebody else. Manning goes back to the Colts and has many playoff appearances and Superbowl wins while the Texans keep screwing up their chances by getting rid of quality players.

That is what I primarily hear from these posts.

Again, if you feel you are better qualified for the position, then go and do it. If what you are saying is what the problem is, then put it into action.

17. Kaiser Toro

Kaiser Toro Native Mod

I have zero idea what point you are trying to make.

18. Scott D

Scott D Veteran

If the QB throws the ball and the receiver misses the ball that was thrown right at him, it's the QB's fault.

If the QB gets sacked because the front line can't protect him, it's the QB's fault.

If the Texan defense can't keep the opposing offense off the field, it's the QB's fault.

If the Texans can't win the ballgame when the Texans go down the field and get the go ahead FG and the Texans defense can't hold them, well, you guessed it. It's the QB's fault.

Pertaining to this sorry assed QB that most everybody in here is talking about probably isn't the problem. He could be part of the problem directly or indirectly. As it goes for any organization, teamwork is a must. In my field, if we don't work as a unit, we screw up. Things go wrong and deadlines are not met.

The real problem here is that the Texans are not operating as a TEAM. Now, I feel that the players we have will work very well IF, and I do mean IF, the coaching staff can get them to operate as a unit. A team. Teamwork.

Look at Green Bay, Dallas, Tennessee, San Francisco just to name a few. Granted, some of those teams you have some dead beats but for the most part they are the same group of people made up of champoins. Green bay is the one in that group that comes to mind.

Now, the heartbreaker. Anyone out there felt that the Patriots would be this bad? What are we going to do? Fire Tom Brady who won three Superbowls for the franchise? Every team has its dog days. Some lasts longer than they should. Most cases, it's not the players fault, it's the management staff's fault.

19. Kaiser Toro

Kaiser Toro Native Mod

You sound pretty intuitive so let me throw a scenario at you that happens quite often in professional sports. What happens when the top paid player on your team does not live up to expectations and cannot lead? It is called mutiny. Rightly or wrongly player's noses follow the money and it leads to #8.

20. Honoring Earl 34

Honoring Earl 34 Hey Koolaid

:tomato: Scott and Daddy please put the bourbon away ... it's for the egg nog.