BUT BUT BUT....It's only preseason....gag.

Discussion in 'Texans Talk' started by Carr Bombed, Sep 14, 2009.

1. Carr Bombed

Carr Bombed Hall of Fame

I swear to god......I'm going off on the next ***** who tries to play the "preseason" card! Y'all can keep that crap to yourselves. Everything we watched and worried about during this preseason happened. But but but..

We got gashed for runs......Slaton is FAT (ignore it all yall want).....and we can't stop the run.

The Lions going 4-0 last preseason was the worst thing that could've happened....because it caused IDIOTS to reference that crap....which is sad

Last edited: Sep 14, 2009
  2. Vinny

Vinny shiny happy fan Staff Member

3. Carr Bombed

Carr Bombed Hall of Fame

4. Carr Bombed

Carr Bombed Hall of Fame

where the hell are all the "preseason" dopes....

Slaton can't carry his own weight

5. Vinny

Vinny shiny happy fan Staff Member

most of them are asleep. I'd be asleep also but I just cleaned up the .com's board and it took a little too much time reading different versions of "my post can beat up your post", to suit my tastes tonight. A few meanies and first time cussers tickling the keyboards tonight. :photos:

6. GNTLEWOLF

GNTLEWOLF All Pro

Thank you for saying what I have been thinking so well:goodpost:

7. ATXtexanfan

ATXtexanfan Site Contributor

8. CloakNNNdagger

CloakNNNdagger Site Contributor

I was one of "them" that was flamed for criticiziing the"preseason" argument; Dunta's motivations and remaining abilities-to-money ratio; bad, soft-looking, non-tackling D; STs play; Slaton's weight gain-to-perfomance ratio; schaub's injury readiness and overall ability to lead this offense; the team's discipline (poor execution, penalties and taunting????) in general and it's contribution assigned to the coach; the play calling by the O.............It's time to see what is there..........NOT what we all WANT to see...........that does not make for bad fans..........just realistic ones. :texflag:

9. gtexan02

gtexan02 Working?

yikes, how many of these threads are we going to have now?

10. thunderkyss

thunderkyss Salem Poor

We did not get run on the way New Orleans & Minnesota ran on us. We stopped the run up the middle, on all but two plays, and they tried to run up the gut a lot more than that.

Pass defense sucked. That's a hold over from the pre-season, that we don't seem to have done much about. & our pass rush looked worse than it did in the pre-season.

Offensively, our starters looked much worse than it did in the preseason. Our pass pro looked much worse. I don't think there was anything this pre-season, that hinted our passing game was going to be so inept.

Running the ball..... yep. We're still making the same mistakes that killed our running game for the last two years. But for some reason the coaches can't get a hold of it. & the fans blast the only two linemen that are doing what they're supposed to be doing, Myers & Briesel.

I still agree, that Wins & Losses don't mean squat in the pre-season. But if you're not playing good fundamental football (i.e. tackling) then that is the time to address it. We didn't.

11. HJam72

HJam72 Hall of Fame

Preseason and the first game of the season don't mean anything. :gun:

12. TimeKiller

TimeKiller Guest

This giant tree, standing 10,000 ft. high but not
    Well, me I guess. I wasn't terrified because I thought we had some guys that could play real football when real football started up....I swear we used to have a guy named Andre Johnson on the team. And an Oline that was starting to look up.

13. JamesC

JamesC Lumberjack

A finesse football team should be an oxymoron.

14. Speedy

Speedy Yeller Dweller

The only dopes are people who think pre-season football=regular season football. It's not the same game.

The Texans sucked yesterday because they suck, not because they sucked in pre-season where 22-25 or so players played who were not on the team Sunday.

The pre-season isn't a precursor to anything no matter how much the Texans make it seem that way.

15. DiehardChris

DiehardChris You betcha!

NEWSFLASH - the Texans have been soft for three seasons now. Maybe more. Nothing new. If you are soft and you lose, you're soft. If you're soft and you somehow win 8 games two years in a row - you're a finesse team.

16. HOU-TEX

HOU-TEX Ah, Football!

"tickling the keyboards" Ha, that's pretty funny. :spit:

:includeme:

17. Texecutioner

Texecutioner Hall of Fame

Unfortunately we were right about how Slaton was looking. Not only has his burst looked slow, but the guy isn't finding holes and is dancing around for some reason now. Hopefully he turns it around though. Unfortunately I doubt it happens against the Titans.

18. Beer and Metal

Beer and Metal Buzzed Cacophony

Agreed.

That's like saying "cut-throat synchronized swimming" or "smashmouth ballet".

19. m5kwatts

m5kwatts Hall of Fame

I thought the defense looked a worlds better on 1st and 2nd down compared to preseason...3rd down not so much

20. Wolf6151

Wolf6151 Hall of Fame

Slaton's poor performance had more to do with the O-line than Slaton himself. Our O-line sucks. I agree with you about the folks that claim "it's only preseason" as an excuse for poor play. If you practice like crap your going to play like crap. This game was an embarassment. They had 6 weeks to prepare for this game and knew last year that the O-line sucked but did nothing to fix it. This loss is on the coaching staff, very poor preperation.