Buster Davis - Noles' Davis thinks, plays like a coach

Discussion in 'College Football & the NFL Draft' started by Kaiser Toro, Dec 26, 2006.

1. Kaiser Toro

Kaiser Toro Native Mod

Not sure where we would put him, but I just love watching this kid play.

http://www.miami.com/mld/miamiherald/sports/colleges/16309653.htm

snippet:
    Although Davis lacks ideal NFL size -- he is listed at 5-10, 240 pounds -- he has earned his share of predraft attention. NFL draft analyst Mel Kiper Jr. recently called Davis a smaller version of Ray Lewis, and the Seminoles' coaches said pro scouts like his intelligence, quickness and passion for the game.

For example, consider Davis' response when asked last week about his motivation for playing in the second-tier Emerald Bowl on Wednesday against UCLA.

''We've only got 60 more minutes left,'' he said. ``We might as well make it the best 60 minutes you've ever played.''

Sounds like a coach already.

2. real

real Guest

If we drafted him....

With the likes of Greenwood, and Orr running around I'm sure we could find a spot for him...

3. El Tejano

El Tejano Hall of Fame

Hey 'Meco needs a running mate to make an excellent tandem.

4. TexansSeminole

TexansSeminole Hall of Fame

He could play all of the LB positions, I can promise you that. He is worth a first rounder IMO, so if he fell to the second (much like Meco did), I think we should select him.

5. Texian

Texian Hall of Fame

Spoken like a true :homer:. Does he have an agent? If not, you should call him.:)

6. Bubbajwp

Bubbajwp All Flopper

I dont understand how that makes him a homer. Its true if Buster Davis falls to the second round he would be a steal. But I guess since he has Seminole in his name it makes him a homer.

7. Texian

Texian Hall of Fame

I was just having a little fun, Seminole was doing such a great sell on Davis that he could be his agent. What Seminole says might all be true but if your name is Seminole and you write this about the guy "He could play all of the LB positions, I can promise you that," you gotta be a :homer:

8. Ole Miss Texan

Ole Miss Texan Hall of Fame

If only Patrick Willis could fall to us in the 2nd. :homer:

I will say I wouldn't mind us picking up buster in the 2nd if he's there but I also wouldn't mind us picking up one of the top cb's if the fall too. (if we pick FS in first and we dont address cb in offseason). I will say I trust kubes to come up with someone good. buster and meco could be aweson together.

9. TexansSeminole

TexansSeminole Hall of Fame

I guess it's true...but watch him play and tell me differently.

10. El Tejano

El Tejano Hall of Fame

I only saw last nights game but he didn't impress.

11. threetoedpete

threetoedpete Hall of Fame

Dang you're tough Tejano.

I think he is a fine prospect. But...and I'm going to get Hammered...where ya going to play him ? The 5'11' means something. It means he's a Mike at the next level. Now I don't mind...but what we're talkin about here is moving Demeeco to will.
    Which is something I've been wanting to see since day 1. So it isn't going to bother me. He has the right size and motor no doubt...but running with NFL tightends doesn't look like that will be his stong suite. That rules out Sam. I'd rather have someone a bit more flexible. But as you say he would be a bargin in the second round.

I've seen Willis solidly in the first rounds now.. He won't drop. Davis might. And then there's Blades and Conner...Like I said
    Might be able to hold off on the LB prospect untill the third. I like them all for their level of senior production and size. Any one of them adds superior tallent to this roster. I was hoping that Peak would be "the guy". But...he never could stand up and play with his knuckles off the ground.

12. Bubbajwp

Bubbajwp All Flopper

Mr Buster is actually pretty good in coverage.

13. threetoedpete

threetoedpete Hall of Fame

Well we got the AFC west next year. And New Orleans. We'll find out in spades pretty darn quick won't we ?

14. painekiller

painekiller Hall of Fame

I say if we are picking 10th, then grab Connor in the 2nd, he can play the SAM like we need. Blades and Davis both project to the middle because of there height, but that is said not knowing who has fallen to our pick, I would have to look real hard at Staley and where you see him falling in the draft. (depending on Spencer's progress).