Bust Miami in the Mouth

Discussion in 'Texans Talk' started by Texans_Chick, Oct 5, 2007.

1. Texans_Chick

Texans_Chick Utopian Dreamer

2. GlassHalfFull

GlassHalfFull Subscribed Contributor

Great article and oh so true. Both teams really want and need this game. Here's hoping we want it more.:toast2:

3. hobie

hobie Site Contributor

I hope the Texans get at least 175 yds. on the ground...That would be great seeing Dom with that "look" on his face again, and ya'll know it all way too well...

4. Texans Horror

Texans Horror Hall of Fame

I'm not a big sushi fan, but I can be for this weekend. Go Texans!

:texflag:

5. Texans_Chick

You know, I'm thinking if things are good, it would be closer to 110.

6. gwallaia

gwallaia Moderator Staff Member

I just put Jamal Lewis on the bench as one of my fantasy running backs because the Browns are playing at New England and have activated Ron Dayne this week. I hope it pays off.

7. Texans_Chick

Who knows what lurks in the mind of the Kubiak regarding his backs?

Ahman could possibly play.

Or maybe more Gado.

I am guessing Dayne will play, but gee, I want him no where near the goal line. I would give him boring breather yards. But maybe it is going to be the Dayne train, like the 2006 Colts 2nd game.

8. gtexan02

gtexan02 Working?

I think it might be impossible for Dayne to get 175 yards. I dont know if he can run that far in that amount of time.

Ill just be happy with a win

9. Texans_Chick

The Bull Pen could alternate with pork chops and veggies.

Need a touchdown in the BP side of the building, hold up pork chops.

Need him to run quickly in the other direction, hold up carrots.

Simple.

SeƱor Stan and gtexan02 like this.
  10. badboy

badboy Site Contributor

If we don't win in a very significant fashion, coaches need to take a time out and re-evaluate what they are doing. Injuries or not we should beat Miami just as we should have beat Atlanta. Color it any way you choose, those games should be Ws.

11. gtexan02

gtexan02 Working?

Brilliant!

12. Texans_Chick

How do you figure it?

The Texans are a very good team with all its playmakers and a belowish average team without them. Why do you think the Texans should be able to crush other teams with a combo of Dayne, Gado and Cook? Have you seen Ronnie Brown's all purpose numbers this year?

The Texans defense has some good players, but it also has serious problems in the secondary. Do you think Trent Green is far worse than Joey Harrington? Green's road stats this season are not bad.

And Miami is getting Zach Thomas back. Imagine what the Texans defense would look like with no DeMeco. If Miami's defense just plays average, they have a good chance of winning.

The Texans special teams has far exceeded the ability of the rest of the team and has in some ways bailed them out. But with no Jacoby and no Mathis, it is harder to keep doing the bailing.

A lot of Texans fans think this is going to be a Houston stompfest. And who knows, it could be. But if the game is close and ugly like it is likely to be, it could take the fans out of the game and the crowd could become unpleasant.

13. infantrycak

infantrycak Mod. Staff Member

Miami's passing D being ranked 2nd (on the basis of yards per game) is a good example of a misleading stat. They have only faced 21 attempts per game--NFL average, 33. The completion % allowed is very good at 54% but has to be tempered with the fact that it is brought down by Culpepper at 41.6% and Romo at 48%. A short passer, Pennington was an effective 68% against them. Schaub has exceeded the average completion percentage of every team he has faced so far. The average per play is right at mid league--7.2 yards. They are tied for 10th worst in the league for passing TD's given up. They are at 8th worst at getting INT's, and opposing QB's have put up an 8th worst in the league (for the D) 91.7 QB rating.

So can the same be said about the Texans rushing D? They have not been run on as much at 23.5 attempts per game vs. the league average of 27, but the Texans are tied for 3rd best yards per attempt at 3.4 and for 9th in the league in rushing TD's allowed (Miami is tied for 31st in rushing TD's allowed by the way). The Texans are also 5th in the league for percentage of runs resulting in 1st downs at 17.1%. The Texans are also one of five teams who have not given up a rushing play over 20 yards.

Goldensilence likes this.
  14. michaelm

michaelm vox nihili

I'm just waiting for Amobi to get some goal line carries, ala the Fridge..!
    I'm mostly joking, but he might end up being the best goal line back on the roster!

15. Texans Horror

Texans Horror Hall of Fame

Very nice...As long as we're funning around, I'd like to see Winston line up as a TE. Little dump pass and let him galumph for some crucial short yardage.

16. threetoedpete

threetoedpete Hall of Fame

There were serious holes on the team. Those holes were pointed out and argued over from Febuary untill August. If you haven't figured it out yet that's on you. They just inserted the same guy they had starting the first nine (?) games in '06. The result of those games were not good. We're crippled in the skill positions and the center spot just took a significant hit.

http://www.nfl.com/players/mikeflanagan/careerstats?id=FLA475850

Significant or not, it'll have to be a total team effort . And they have to start at the opening kick off. If they wait untill they are "warmed up" again, the only significants will be the different kinds of trouble we'll be in. The coaches need to do a better job of coaching. And the players need to bring a different attitude at kick off. We'll know about how much Flanagan has left in the tank after this game.

Ah did something just change here or does Taylor play Left DE ?

http://www.nfl.com/gamecenter?season=2007&week=REG5&game_id=29257

17. mexican_texan

mexican_texan Furry Tractors

Yeah, Jason Taylor is a LE.

18. Vinny

Vinny shiny happy fan Staff Member

I get a bad feeling that we are going to lose this game. Ronnie Brown is starting to run the ball like LT (Dolphins head coach is LT's coach last year) and the Dolphins are 0-4 and playing for pride. After 4 games a new coach and new system are starting to set in....just don't think this will be an easy win if a win at all. We are still pretty beat up.

Texans_Chick likes this.
  19. michaelm

michaelm vox nihili

I know that your intent is to express the truth as you see it, but can't we clear the air of all things negative..?
    Can message boards be affected by feng shui???

Ahhh, screw it... who wants pie?!?!

GlassHalfFull likes this.
  20. GlassHalfFull

GlassHalfFull Subscribed Contributor

POS Rep on the way!!:specnatz:

(Not that I have enough rep to matter)