Bush/Young solution...

Discussion in 'College Football & the NFL Draft' started by leaguecitytexan, Jan 10, 2006.

1. leaguecitytexan

leaguecitytexan Rookie

Ok, here we go.
    Take Reggie with the number one pick, package D.Davis/Corey Bradford for T.O.
    Then get some O-line and D help in the 2nd and mid rounds...THEN take Vick with a late pick (if available). If he continues to be a "cancer", there's nothing lost. If he comes around to benefit society, well then, he could push Carr. Now wouldn't that be a luxury to have? Along with Johnson and T.O. at the wideouts, with Playmaker Supreme Bush in the backfield! Now, about that defense....

2. dat_boy_yec

dat_boy_yec All Pro

Ummm N.O. to T.O. I don't think the Texans would want to pay that much or deal with all his baggage. Plus, we need Davis to share the load with Bush if we get him until the other backups prove they can do so.

3. leaguecitytexan

leaguecitytexan Rookie

Forget all that "baggage stuff", there didn't seem to be baggage when they were winning, i.e. the Super Bowl. The man is the best receiver in the league. Or maybe...we could go 6-10 this year, that would be great!

4. HardKnockTexan

HardKnockTexan All Pro

T.O. and Marcus Vick???? no thankyou....

5. Carr Bombed

Carr Bombed Hall of Fame

Guys calm down he's obviously joking, right?....right?!?

6. leaguecitytexan

leaguecitytexan Rookie

You guys are looking at it all wrong...Not looking for Vick to be anything other than a clipboard carrying "diamond in the rough". Philip Rivers without having to waste a high choice. If it works out, wow. What do you lose if it doesnt? It's not as if we've found any gems with our draft selections in the past! Keep emotion out of it and think risk-reward.

7. TexanSam

TexanSam Hall of Fame

There's no way the Texans will draft Marcus Vick. There's also no way the Texans will trade for T.O. Didn't Bob McNair even state publicly that the Texans had no interest in Owens? What makes you think we would have any interest in Vick? There are plenty of other good options out there who don't have attitude problems.

8. Carr Bombed

Carr Bombed Hall of Fame

Vick wasn't even that good of a college qb. He couldn't pass as good as his brother in college and doesn't have the speed of his brother the only thing they have in common is their last name. He played terrible in every big game they had this year and no gm in their right mind is going to trade for TO (especially when he is going to be a free agent pretty soon) and then draft Marcuffs Vick in they same offseason, could you imagine all the negative press, we would be a laughing stock. I wouldn't even spend a 7th rounder on him.

9. leaguecitytexan

leaguecitytexan Rookie

You guys do realize that Marcus is regarded as a better quarterback prospect than Vince? Passing qb that is. That college running b.s. will work a couple of seasons, but eventually that sidearm delivery will come to light as a detriment to the man. Take away the short game, make him throw deep and you have Bernie Kosar! I understand he made shambles of the 73rd ranked defense in the nation on national tv, but come on..so did a few other teams.

10. texasguy346

texasguy346 Mod Squad

You do realize there are an awful lot of better QBs than Vick in this draft, and none of them have near his baggage. Seems like a big waste of a pick to me. I doubt any team even wastes a 6th rounder on him.

11. TexanSam

TexanSam Hall of Fame

Even if Marcus Vick didn't have all his legal troubles and decided to come out early, he wouldn't be regarded as good a prospect as Vince Young.

12. leaguecitytexan

leaguecitytexan Rookie

Mr. Vick 143.3 rating
    Young 163.95

Vick 61.2 completion pctg
    young 65.2

Hmmm, not worth taking a shot????

13. tulexan

tulexan Hall of Fame

Vince Young also had a lot more experience than Marcus Vick.

This was the first year he has been the starter of the team and receiver significant playing time. This was Vince's third season.

14. edo783

edo783 Site Contributor

JUST what we need....two problem children. Yup, that's a good thing, let's do it.

15. leaguecitytexan

leaguecitytexan Rookie

16. leaguecitytexan

leaguecitytexan Rookie

thank you. so in a couple of more years, marcus would have surely surpassed Vince's stats?! I agree.

17. tulexan

tulexan Hall of Fame

I never said that

18. leaguecitytexan

leaguecitytexan Rookie

Or 53 angelic ones that go 2-14!

19. Carr Bombed

Carr Bombed Hall of Fame

Dude its not even that close take a look for yourself, heres the division I-A passing leaders scroll down...far down to see your boy

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/sortables?stat=pass&sort=rat&season=3&year=2005&group=80

Tulexan you can't be against Vince that much to be supporting this argument

20. tulexan

tulexan Hall of Fame

I never said that he was better than Vince. All I said was that he hasn't had that much experience, which is a fact. I think Marcus had a lot of potential his freshman year but he threw that away.