Bush vs. Lundy

Discussion in 'Texans Talk' started by Bamaborn-Texasbred, Aug 13, 2006.

1. Bamaborn-Texasbred

Bamaborn-Texasbred All Pro

Guys, I was reading the paper this morning after hearing last night what a great game Reggie Bush had.

Reggie: 10 carries, 59 yards
    Wali: 9 carries, 58 yards

Also, if Wali makes that catch last night where he was wide open with space to run.....:jam:

I was at the game and paid a lot of attention to Mario. He looks like the real deal to me, and KC was treating him like the real deal. They doubled him quite a bit, and ran the ball mostly away from him. When Mario gets to study film on just one or two linemen and play them for a whole game the sacks are going to come.:mario:

I'm a big Bama fan. Here is a quote from Bama defensive coach Kines: "Demeco isn't the strongest or the fastest linebacker on our team, but he has a nose for the ball and it seems like he is almost always there." Demeco got the first tackle in the game.

I am so pumped up I can barely contain myself!
    :yahoo:

2. gwallaia

gwallaia Moderator Staff Member

Demeco Ryans was around the ball alot last night. That quote from his coach from Alabama is right on the mark, Demeco showed great lateral speed and penetration getting to the ball carrier. #59 is going to be a big part of the Texan defense.

3. KKHouston

KKHouston Veteran

He made a few mistakes last night that I could see, but those are to be expected. We should be VERY pleased with his ability to get near the ball, and with some NFL experience, we're looking at a MLB we've desperately needed.

4. infantrycak

infantrycak Mod. Staff Member

Reggie only had 6 carries. That said, he averaged 3 ypc on his non-big play. Take out Lundy's big play and he averaged 4.25. Lundy will never be Bush, and Bush will never be a grinder.

5. Bamaborn-Texasbred

Thanks for the kind words. Being a Tide backer, I was just as excited about Ryans getting picked as I was about Mario Williams.

Also, now that I have seen in person what a limited set of Kubiak's offensive plays can do I am happier and happier that we didn't go for Reggie Bush or VY.

Football at Reliant Stadium sounds like an exciting way to spend your Sunday again! Win or lose these games are going to be fun to watch again.

Did you notice that empty backfield formation last night? Capers would have never done that. I'm up early on Sunday morning just to sit at this PC and talk about football! It's crazy.

6. Bamaborn-Texasbred

You are correct, sir. My bad. It seems however that you would be mostly in agreement with me.

7. phantom17

phantom17 All Pro

This what I like about the Texans' backs Wali & Chris is that they can grind it out & can take it for big carries along wit the zone blocking scheme. And they seem to handle the hits from defenders well! Bush has still to prove if can be an every down back who can grind it out without hastening the end his career! But, I think he will be a slash type playa ( running & receiving), & a DANGEROUS ONE @ that! Plus if Wali & Chris continues to play well then they are the biggest steals of the draft, along with O Daniels, Demeco, & Spencer!:mario: :yahoo:

8. diehard1192

diehard1192 Rookie

The "real deal" was getting his arse handed to him by a guy who hasn't played football in two years.

Mario is going to go down as one of the worst picks in history.

9. Coach C.

Coach C. Hall of Fame

Wali Lundy performed how I expected him to, in practice when he gets downfield and has a hole he hits it and has very good balance which is always a plus. He has shown better hands though, and the only problem that I really saw with him is a problem with most rookies and that was his blocking.

Chris Taylor, my darkhorse, was ok. I admit that I probably evaluate him much tougher than most do, and like I said in ealier post about him he will be able to help and should make the team. His blocking was better than Lundy's, but his vision was worse. He seemed to play tenative, and when he had a hole he seemed to be a half step slow. Not sure, but he has been limping a bit and that may be hindering him. His hands also did nothing to impress me. One thing I did notice is that both were a load to bring down, you are not going to arm tackle our backs this year.

10. Runner

Runner Hubcap Diamond Staff Member

Well said.

11. Texanfan4ever

Texanfan4ever All Pro

Do you seriously have nothing better to do than attack our team? What is actually your real beef over here?

Like I said in another post, we are sorry if you are disturbed and jealous by what you see happening here, and are SO EXCITED that you have Bush then go play with your own people.

You are embarrasing yourself.

:mario: And he is a force to be reckoned with, just keep running your mouth.....

12. TexanBacker93

TexanBacker93 Hall of Fame

We'll see who the real deal is here next fall when the Saints come marching into Reliant and go whimpering out with their tails firmly tucked.

13. tulexan

tulexan Hall of Fame

Bush: 8 touches for 69 yards, 8.625 yards per touch, 0 TDs
    Lundy: 12 touches for 110 yards 9.167 yards per touch, 1 TD

14. KKHouston

KKHouston Veteran

Bold words. I sure didn't see his arse handed to him. I saw him being double teamed quite a bit, and the Chiefs didn't run his way.

15. shmoo422

shmoo422 Noob

I agree 100%.........you people just wait. The texans will be better this year, but not because of mario. Just imagine if the texans had a big playmaker though

16. Napa Auto Parts

Napa Auto Parts Hall of Fame

i like lundy but i think we are taking it a bit to far to bring him to R bush status lets face it if that was the case he wouldnt of been at least a 1st day pick.

17. nunusguy

nunusguy Hall of Fame

I've already seen Bush's 40 yard plus run in his preseason game last night on ESPN more times than I want to, and it happened less than 24 hrs ago !
    But Bush had 59 yards on 6 carries and Lundy has 59 yards on 10 carries, but
    our guy gets a TD and Bush doesn't. I think our guy did fine.
    And how many times will PTIs stand-up Catskill comic TK talk about Bush's run on his ESPN MNF debut tomorrow night ?
    But I'm feeling better than ever about passing on Bush, though back in April I was inclined to take him. If we'd have just got, I dunno, maybe a 3rd round pick as boot with Mario ?

18. Mr. B

Mr. B Rookie

Well actually if you watched Sportscenter and The Sports Reporters this morning you would think Reggie Bush was the next coming of God.

Everything that came out of the mouths of the guys on sports reporters was basically to the tune that Texans screwed up and Bush, Bush, Bush. I wanna marry Bush.

Then on Sportscenter they made a big deal out of showing Kyle Turley knock Mario off balance. Funny thing was they kept saying that he hasn't played in 2 years and he took Williams out, then Williams gets up and overruns the play.

Looked to me like that was a hell of an athletic move on Williams part to come from the ground and still get back into trying to tackle the runner even if he did overrun it.

God I can see what this season is going to be like with the west and east coast sports press all but married to Reggie and the Houston press with a boner in Vince Young. Gonna be a long season for the Texans in the press.

19. The Dream

The Dream Hall of Fame

Lundy looked good last night, but I have a strong feeling Bush will be better than him in the long run.

20. dtran04

dtran04 Hall of Fame

You would sure hope so. The guy is paid as a top RB in the league.