Bush Showed a ton

Discussion in 'The National Football League' started by Frills, Sep 26, 2006.

1. Frills

Frills Veteran

2 Attempts from inside the 2...Good thing they didn't need a TD.

2. Goldeagle

Goldeagle Hall of Fame

He or Mario have not really shown to have been deserving of the #1 pick.

3. JDizzle

JDizzle I'm a dude

Deuce was clearly the better option on that series of plays, and I saw Payton calling Deuce back to the sidelines after the first failed attempt. My guess is he was hoping to get Bush his first TD in the spotlight and probably would have taken him out if they didn't have a 17 point lead with the Falcons playing so bad on offense.

4. dtran04

dtran04 Hall of Fame

Deuce definitely would have gotten in. I guess in the end it didn't really matter though. I also noticed Bush was too busy pouting and almost didn't get off the field fast enough for the field goal.

5. HowBoutThemCowboys!

HowBoutThemCowboys! All Pro

Reggie Bush did fine.. Anytime you ammass a total of 73 yards while being a backup is impressive by itself. Especially considering it's his third game of action, against a Falcon front-seven triple the talent of any opponent he played his junior season. Do you honestly expect the guy to gain over 100 yards while being paired with another perrenial running back like Deuce McAllister?

I know you guys have heard it over and over from ESPN, but the mistake was huge. Reggie Bush single handedly ignited a city and organization together with enthusiasm. The situation Reggie was thrown into (playing alongside Deuce) couldn't have been more perfect for his development. While on the other hand, you shouldn't expect much from a first year DE in a 4-3, double covered each play.

6. Wolf

Wolf 100% Texan

problem is the MW isn't doubled on every play IMO..

he is learning the hard way..

I guess the good thing is that he came out as a junior

7. TNTitan

TNTitan Veteran

plus reggie was getting doubled when he went to wide out. How the Saints got many of their big plays last night

8. Titan "Tack" Fan

Titan "Tack" Fan Hall of Fame

And every good running back ALWAYS punches it in from inside the 2. I mean I can't recall a time when Emmitt Smith, Walter Payton, or Barry Sanders didn't get stuffed on the 2 yard line!

:sarcasm:

9. TexanSam

TexanSam Hall of Fame

He's showed a lot more than Mario has thus far though. Early analysis goes like this.

Saints: :francis: :banana:
    Texans: :bag: :crying:

10. TNTitan

TNTitan Veteran

/Pat Kirwan

11. threetoedpete

threetoedpete Hall of Fame

Every play ? I see a few TEs getting there licks in on Mario. Sometimes solo. I'm not ready to declare Mario a bust. I am how ever disappointed in his overall lack of improvement in his technique. His hand play is just aweful. He has no punch at all at the snap. Mind goggeling. They have people fighting for the chance to block the guy he's so soft. The pillsbury dough boy has more pop in his game than Mario at this point. He's a big 295 pound pillow looking for a body to absorb. Just yery disappointing.

And you're paying the king of the swamp How much for those numbers ? lol. Suck-aaaaars. Bush has shown so far that 201 is still 201 in the nfl. He's not good enough yet to clean the toe jam outta of Eric Metcalf's toe nails. Much Less Gayle Sayers.

12. Wolf

Wolf 100% Texan

very true

13. JDizzle

JDizzle I'm a dude

I think some forget that the Saints have 3 pro bowlers on offense. Not saying that Bush has played poorly but he for sure hasn't done anything spectacular, and certainly nothing worth 50 million bucks.

14. StarStruck

StarStruck Site Contributor

What is Mario worth? Inquiring minds want to know.

15. Titan "Tack" Fan

Titan "Tack" Fan Hall of Fame

Yeah, how much has Mario done to deserve his pay?

16. blockhead83

blockhead83 All Pro

Bush looks like he will be a good RB. He also has the versatility to play WR, which is a big bonus, plus he's fun to watch. On the other hand, I don't see him as a once in a decade player. I thought Deuce was far more impressive as a runner last night, so I'm really not viewing our passing up Reggie as the colossal mistake the media is portraying it as. As has been proven over and over in the NFL, you don't need a top 5 pick to draft a great runner, so I'm looking for us to find ourselves a good runner next off-season. If Mario turns out to be a bust long-term then I'd obviously have wanted us to have gone in a different direction with that pick, but I'm not stuck on Reggie. I don't see him becoming as influential of a player as many others do.

17. thunderkyss

thunderkyss Salem Poor

Duece was much more impressive as a runningback..... no doubt........ Colston much more impressive as a reciever..... but the defense was keying on Reggie?? Yeah right.

They didn't even consider JoeHorn out there.

18. JDizzle

JDizzle I'm a dude

Are you blind? Nobody here has said Mario is playing like the #1 pick. Sometimes I wonder if you guys even read posts or if you're just here to spew anti-playerX garbage in every thread you stumble in to.

19. Goldeagle

Goldeagle Hall of Fame

Id rather of had D Brick, but with all the hype Bush has been a bust. I expected much more and considering we've lost by like 3 TDs a game and he cant get in the end zone, he would not have helped much here.

20. thunderkyss

thunderkyss Salem Poor

from the two yard line wasn't it? He can't get into the endzone from the 2 yard line.