Bush on PTI today...

Discussion in 'College Football & the NFL Draft' started by The Dude Abides, Apr 24, 2006.

1. The Dude Abides

The Dude Abides Hall of Fame

He'll be discussing the house issue. I'll update for those who can't watch

2. kbourda

kbourda Hall of Fame

He was on the ESPN Draft Special @ 1pm today. He did an interview with Trey Wingo on the subject. To me, he looked like he knew more than what he was mentioning that he knew. He seemed a bit uncomfortable as well, far from his normal composed demeanor. We'll see as time goes on.

3. The Dude Abides

The Dude Abides Hall of Fame

Ok...

PTI - Reggie, everyone assumed that you're the first pick. Have the Texans told you are going to be the 1st pick?
    RB - They didn't come out and directly tell me, but they said pretty much that they would. But it is a business

PTI - Anywhere you want to play?
    RB - I'll play anywhere and excited to go anywhere.

PTI - Do you want to play in Houston?
    RB - I want to play in houston, it's a business, nothing is written in stone. They could say they are drafting me, but that might not happen.

PTI - What's the house story about?
    RB - When the smoke clears, everyone will see we did nothing wrong by any type of standards. The story is blown out of proportion. As your public image grows, some people might latch onto you and get something from you.

PTI - Timing of the move planned or suspicious?
    RB - Mumbled some. You get to buy their parents some nice things. Day after the Rose Bowl, we've looked at houses for a while now and we just happened to find one now.

PTI - Do you wish you were somewhere else, or someone else?
    RB - Absolutely not. Should I still do these interviews? I have nothing to hide. I wouldn't change lives with anyone.

4. The Preacher

The Preacher Veteran

PTI - Timing of the move planned or suspicious?
    RB - Mumled some. You get to buy their parents some nice things. Day after the Rose Bowl, we've looked at houses for a while now and we just happened to find one now.

He basically couldn't answer this question. He didn't say they were moving into a new house. He just avoided it by saying you get to buy your parents new things. Well I'm sure it can't be too hard to look at the lease payments and find out where the money came from. From the way he mumbled and acted though it appeared he knew they had done wrong. Just my opinion but he looked scared and aware of wrongdoing. On Around the Horn they mentioned USC might have to pay back money for games that were aired. Imagine if they had to end up giving 20+mil back? This could get real serious IMO as it seemed obvious he was hiding something and only came on because it would appear he was hiding something if he didn't. Well his act wasn't very convincing to say the least if you ask me but I could very easily be wrong and I hope I am.

5. Mike Kerns

Mike Kerns LYSB Podcast

If he isn't worried about it, I'm not worried about it. If he had something to hide, I am sure he wouldn't have done the 2 interviews today & Best damn sports show tonight.

6. Yankee_In_TX

Yankee_In_TX Dance Lindsay!

What is USC loses 2 national championships?

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

I can only laugh because my Buckeyes lost their Final Four season :crying:

7. hollywood_texan

hollywood_texan Hall of Fame

He is going to deny it because all he has to do is make thru Saturday morning.

Once the Texans make him the #1 pick it won't matter because it will be done deal. He will have his big contract and that won't be taken away from him if it what appears to be is true.

The interesting part of this is that USC will lose big if this is true, especially if they knew of the arrangement or were involved in some way.

8. The Preacher

The Preacher Veteran

On Sportscenter they just said the school can't really be liable for what had happened. Bush could lose records and the Heisman though. Trey Wingo asked what his parents' relationship with the agent was and he again had no answer. "It will all come out" is all he could say. And of course he is doing interviews as it conveys an image he didn't do anything or had anything to hide. It hardly means innocence. It's fair to say he couldn't or wouldn't answer all the questions and personally that seems to imply he is afraid of saying what he knows. All his answers were scripted and it seemed very fishy. Hopefully it is clean for his sake and reputation but when you start blaming it on people trying to take advantage of you because you're about to reap serious benefits, it sounds like a cover-up. Once again I hope my perception is erred and that the lease payments were shown coming from accounts that were from legitimate sources of income or savings. It really shouldn't be too hard to figure out.

9. Goatcheese

Goatcheese Nightmare Over

He was very specific that they had just found a new home.

10. Mike Kerns

Mike Kerns LYSB Podcast

I was hoping that Kornheiser would ask where, lol.

11. Nawzer

Nawzer Alienz

Big time college athletes sometimes breaking NCAA regulations is nothing new. Remember the Fab Five from Michigan? That was a bigger deal than this ever will be. But the player involved in that have moved on and had productive NBA careers. Reggie Bush can buy his mom and dad the biggest house after Saturday and he can go on and have a productive NFL career. I'm not saying what he has done is right, it's wrong, but the reality is that it's nothing new. What matters the most is what he does on the football field.

12. PapaL

PapaL Loose Screw

Lets say they are guilty of something (hypothetically), worst case no one says anything and nothing can be proved.

NCAA: Please provide us some financial records of your lease payments.
    Bush Family: ......<no comment>....

Where does this get the NCAA? No where.

So best case nothing happened. Worst case they don't say anything and nothing can be proved. No like they're going to be subpoenaed by Congress.

13. bad

bad Veteran

You should gather your facts before you gloat. That house wasn't a part of the picture when USC won the 2004-2005 Title and they already lost the 2005-2006 one to UT.

You shouldn't cry for Ohio State either. They'll be just fine.

14. mexican_texan

mexican_texan Furry Tractors

They won't lose their LONE championship, but don't worry, the Buckeyes will be pretty good. I'm a Vince Young fan, but I admit Troy Smith is better. But that's just my opinion.

15. kastofsna

kastofsna Hall of Fame

yes he is.

16. swtbound07

swtbound07 Jackass of Day!

they'd have to get 2 first

www.onepeat.com

17. The Preacher

The Preacher Veteran

True I guess what I meant to say was that he didn't say they were moving their belongings over the weekend. It will be interesting to see if the house is in Houston, considering he hasn't been drafted yet. I just think it is hard to believe it is coincidence they moved out the day after they were questioned. It seems like obvious panic but hey, maybe they were moving to a city where they're not even sure their son will be playing in. :) We could have a serious house flipping situation approaching if Mario is a Texan. Or they moved to Malibu.

18. SMIDDY

SMIDDY Rookie

I was just watching PTI on ESPN and they had 5 Good Minutes With Reggie Bush who said "I would love to play in Houston". Reactions?

19. Exascor

Exascor Hall of Fame

Reaction? He's said it before for one. Also, there's 2 big reasons he wouldn't mind playing for Houston. Being the 1st pick in the draft (read $$$) and no state taxes in Texas (read $$$). If you think there's any other reasons you're dreaming.

20. bad

bad Veteran

My reaction?

If he'd said anything else it would mean he's an idiot.