Bush deal updates

Discussion in 'College Football & the NFL Draft' started by dhaNim, Apr 25, 2006.

1. dhaNim

dhaNim Rookie

as per a part of an ESPN Insider article by Todd Mcshay of Scouts Inc. titled "McShay's 'True' Buzz: Texans not so torn"

2. dhaNim

dhaNim Rookie

Dan Pompeo of Sporting News was just on Cold Pizza and said that the Texans and Bush started serious negotiations yesterday and look to get a deal done by fri. he also said that mario williams was considered but Bush was pretty much their man all along. he said looks like the Texans are gonna get their man.

3. Big B Texan Fan

Big B Texan Fan Hall of Fame

So much for Bush holding out of camp. What ever $$ he misses out on because of his parents he should deduct that from the value of the house he intended on getting the in the first place. My guess though is that it'll still be a very nice house.

4. El Tejano

El Tejano Hall of Fame

This is good news. I would like to be able to buy my Reggie Bush Jersey ahead of time and focus on what we get with our 2nd rounder and the chance of getting Dave Thomas.

5. Porky

Porky Hall of Fame

Well, let's hope this is true. Either way, even if they don't have a deal in place, I say take him. We have 3-4 months before we have to sign him. :yahoo:

6. jerek

jerek Pro Hobbyist

I have to discount the article because McShay insists that Mario Williams is a "leverage game." Defensive staff is going to war for drafting Williams and obviously the offensive staff wants Bush, and Kubiak and Casserly are caught in between and will probably end up making the ultimate call. If Williams can significantly underbid Bush or if other unexpected problems arise with either player, that is going to make a difference at this point.

Not saying that we won't draft Bush -- because at the end of the day I still think we will -- but it's hardly a done deal, even aside from the negotiations aspect.

7. kbourda

kbourda Hall of Fame

I never thought i'd see the day but I agree with you. I don't think Bush will be that easy to sign but I do see the Texans drafting him.

8. O.G.

O.G. Veteran

Where do you project Dave at? I saw 2nd pick in the 3rd

9. O.G.

O.G. Veteran

I agree. Rich on Sports Radio 610 makes seems like the end of the world if they don't have a deal done before the draft when only 3 number ones have been signed before the draft. He really needs to take break.

10. infantrycak

infantrycak Lead Moderator Staff Member

He has an agenda and interest in Reggie Bush isn't part of it.

11. Dr. Toro

Dr. Toro All Pro

As far as player evaluations go, I read they were supposed to be settling the top of the draftboard yesterday... don't remember where I read it.

12. GP

GP Go Texans!

Yeah, I was shocked to see a few position rankers not having Thomas even in the top 3 or 4 TEs.

He was a force in the title game. Practically kept the chains moving all night in very critical situations. I think he'll be available, but I bet we pas him up...........as usual. :brickwall

13. Sportsfan

Sportsfan All Pro

A deal will get done, i'm not worried.

14. Errant Hothy

Errant Hothy Hypermediocrity

Who? Rich Lord? Never!!!!!!!!!! He maybe the worst man on radio, atleast for the last three months are so.

15. Mike Kerns

Mike Kerns LYSB Podcast

:yahoo:

16. kastofsna

kastofsna Hall of Fame

he's got good hands, but...that's about it. most people have him ranked out of the top 5 for TE's. i think he'll be decent. definitely a later round steal.

17. kiwitexansfan

kiwitexansfan Site Contributor

I hope you are joking, if he holds onto his original contract demands it would be insane to sign him.:brickwall

18. Harrisment

Harrisment Rookie

You mean the "original" contract demands that were verified to be false by both Bush and his agent? Yes, I agree they would be insane to sign him to contract demands that he never asked for.

19. Bongo59

Bongo59 Veteran

i got word Reggie's agents have asked him to come to Houston because it appears the deal is close to done...............5 yrs at 24.6 in guarranteed cash............they still have to get incentive money and the voidable yrs done.............and they are going to add option clauses to extend the deal when they CBA allows it.................looks like you guys truly now own the best RB in the AFC South.....................Mario and Bricks agents have leaked this because now Loomis is on the clock.............many are looking to see what happpens now with slot two.............................congrats.

SeƱor Stan likes this.
  20. gwallaia

gwallaia Moderator Staff Member

I wonder if Matress Mac is still going to go through with his little ad?