Bush Bowl just took on alot more meaning

Discussion in 'Texans Talk' started by TheRealJoker, Dec 18, 2005.

1. TheRealJoker

TheRealJoker Hall of Fame

Seeing as the Texans won today and the 49ers lost. We are now tied for the rights to the # 1 pick. These next 2 games are must-lose now, we cant afford to beat the Jags or win the Bush Bowl anymore. This season is going down to the wire. Damn you Cardinals!!!

2. TheRealJoker

TheRealJoker Hall of Fame

Im rooting for the best interests of the team buddy ;)

Meanwhile, you're rooting for the here and now when there is nothing to root for here and now.

3. CyberTexan

CyberTexan Veteran

I agree what is winning any of the next few games gonna help ? Nothing

Getting the Number one pick can Help though with Bush or a trade

theres nothing wrong with guys wanting to look to the future of the team , I want the Texans to win too but its time to look to next year

4. Hervoyel

Hervoyel The Right Track

Next week we get the Jaguars and then we play SF in the Bush Bowl.

Next week the 49ers play the Rams and then us in the Bush Bowl

The Jags should beat us. There's just no real reason why they should lose that game to the Texans except that they always play the Texans badly. With the sole exception of the shutout in 2003 against the Dave Ragone led Texans starting Tony Hollings at RB because of injuries they have always played bad games against us. We could beat the Jaguars.

The 49ers however are playing the Rams and there's just no way on earth that they're going to beat the Rams. It's not that the Rams are all that good or anything. It's just that the 49ers are so damned bad it's not even funny. They make the Texans look kind of tough. It's just not going to happen.

What that means is that we could very well play the Bush Bowl with the Texans at 3-12 and the 49ers at 2-13. The best (worst) we could hope for if Reggie Bush was the focus of our attentions might be a tie for worst record.

If the Jags play up to their ability then we should go to San Francisco tied with them at 2-13. There's no way we lose to them though. It's impossible. We've got lots of problems but the 49ers stink in ways we haven't seen since 2002. They look like the Texans did in their first year. They're on a death march to just get to the end of the year. They aren't beating anybody.

5. tulexan

tulexan Hall of Fame

The Niners already beat the Rams and that was when they didn't have the depleated secondary and Matt Bulger playing quarterback. Although I don't believe that they will beat the Rams, I wouldn't be surprised if they did.

6. Napa Auto Parts

Napa Auto Parts Hall of Fame

agreed we get nothing by winning but if we end up with the 1st overall pick it would put our franchise one step ahead by trading bush or coming out smelling like roses in a trade with some team that wants to move up.

7. Coach C.

Coach C. Hall of Fame

the niners beat the rams this year so anything is possible. They do look really bad though.

8. Napa Auto Parts

Napa Auto Parts Hall of Fame

i think bad is a compliment coach:)

9. tulexan

tulexan Hall of Fame

Frank Gore looks pretty good on the Niners. I think that was a good pick.

10. Hervoyel

Hervoyel The Right Track

That was the first week of the season though man, everybody thinks they're going to be going to the playoffs and breaking a record in the first week of the season. The 49ers have won exactly one game since then and they're on a 7 game losing streak. They're toast I think. That Harvard guy is going to go sick-house on their butts and throw for 400 yards and three touchdowns.

11. Hervoyel

Hervoyel The Right Track

Sadly not good enough for them to pass on Mr Bush though.

12. Texas

Texas Hall of Fame

The 49ers almost beat the jags today. They can beat us. Will be a close game.

13. Jimpster

Jimpster Rookie

Yeah, but they are playing in SF and the Texans haven't won on the road all season. The Bush Bowl, aka Toilet Bowl could go either way.

14. bigcarlos

bigcarlos Veteran

Its called tough love

15. Johnny Utah

Johnny Utah All Pro

Alex Smith is horrible. I just can't see the 49ers ever winning a game with him at QB.

16. rmartin65

rmartin65 I'm Score

He's what, 0-5 with 10 interceptions?

17. Johnny Utah

Johnny Utah All Pro

He's got a 24.7 QB rating with 0 TD and 9 INTs. He might be the worst QB I've ever seen, and has no business being on the field right now.

18. Double Barrel

Double Barrel Modified Simian

One man is not going to change the direction of this team. Reggie Bush may indeed be a future Hall of Famer as advertised, but without a strong team around him, he's just one man.

And you bring that one man to us next year, after purposefully losing games, and you'll just infect him with a loser's attitude. He'll become one of those great potentials that never materialized, because he got stuck with a loser franchise.

And if you don't think that purposefully tanking games won't carry over to next season, then you need to really think about it. Many of the players on next year's team would be the same players you asked to lose this season. We'd have broken their spirits, because we're going for fool's gold.

The game is played to win. Period. Not played for what might be tomorrow, but grinded out on the field to win the moment. Have it any other way and you've diluted and weakened what I love about pro football. Ask you're team to be a bunch of quitters and losers, and I have no desire to watch it anymore.

Sorry folks, you're each entitled to your opinions. But I root for my team to win every game. And I'll never stop being that way. :texflag:

19. nunusguy

nunusguy Hall of Fame

The day started off fortuitously for us with Davis being scratched, then things
    went south with the Cards first and second string QBs both getting knocked out of the game in the first half. In spite of all that, the team went flat in second half and Cards third string QB made it close late.

20. Vinny

Vinny shiny happy fan Staff Member

Thank goodness we won...I'm sick of being the joke of the league.