Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Bush at Houston, Young in New Orleans

SBTexans08

Rookie
You guys say that if Houston picks Bush, without a doubt....Young is going to Tennessee. Ummm....don't know if you forgot but N.O. has the #2 pick. What makes you folks think the Saints won't draft 'em? Personally....I wouldn't trust N.O. in not picking him and instead taking Leinart. I mean...if Young is god......why would N.O. pass him up? Young is the no-brainer #1 overall player right.......so then that would make Houston one stupid ball club, in your opinion.....but N.O. even more RETARDED since they too pass up on him.

Now....let me paint this in a different manner. Say the Titans have the #1 overal, hypothetically....of course. Bare with me now. Say they are torn....just like we are and undecided on taking either Young or Bush as well. Titans have #1, N.O. have #2, Houston has #3. Saying also that the Titans have the same problems at QB as Houston does....which they don't....but...for the sake of discussion. Now....let's say that the Titans really look like they are going to draft Reggie Bush.....all signs point to that. WOULD YOU........HOUSTON FANS...........WOULD YOU TRUST IN NEW ORLEANS NOT SNATCHING YOUNG FROM YOU? Sure most analyst have Leinart going to them.....but do you really trust New Orleans to keep their paws off of him? Why would you expect for the Titans fans to? Why would N.O. HAVE to take Leinart? Afterall.....nobody is even talking about this........like it's beyond the realm of possibility.......which is so strange to me.

One team to pass up the mighty god, Young, is a stroke of luck........but for two to do it? Tennessee would be the luckiest ball club in sports history in you pro-Young Houston fans' opinions. I know anything possible.....just thought I'd entertain this possibility with you guys for a moment.

How bout this Texans trade from 1st to 3rd let the Titians pick Young #1. Saints take Matt #2 and we pick Reggie #3. It saves us money and gives us a extra 1st round pick next season. ( HEY IT COULD HAPPEN ):yahoo:

texansfan1974 said:
How bout this Texans trade from 1st to 3rd let the Titians pick Young #1. Saints take Matt #2 and we pick Reggie #3. It saves us money and gives us a extra 1st round pick next season. ( HEY IT COULD HAPPEN ):yahoo:

Only problem is that CC said we would not draft a QB...Dude need to shut up and do a better job in the 2nd and 3rd rounds

being that I'm a Cowboys fan also (sorry, but I am) I wouldn't mind to see Vince in the silver and white.....but I'd rather have him here in Houston.

The Dream said:
being that I'm a Cowboys fan also (sorry, but I am) I wouldn't mind to see Vince in the silver and white.....but I'd rather have him here in Houston.

I am sorry for you...

If VY excels in workouts and becomes a clear choice over Leinert - then we could try to force NO or Tennessee into making a deal.

Safest deal: Swap pick with NO (give them back their 3rd for their 2nd AND they promise not to take Bush; or just make them give us a pick to promise not to take VY).

Risky Deal: (assuming NO won't deal), then we could draft VY at #1, then trade him to Tennessee for Bush and other picks. Of course, if NO takes Bush, then we would be stuck with VY or trading down again (Leinert for #9 and RWilliams or Jets/Raiders/AZ for multiple picks). The drawback to this plan is that hindsight could make the gm look foolish in a number of ways (is we trade VY and he become awesome, if we miss out on Bush and he becomes awesome, combined with us blowing whatever picks we get in the deal).
If it worked and we got Bush at #3, then we would save a lot of cash (since he is a lower pick) and the picks would speed up our rebuild.

SBTexans08 said:
You guys say that if Houston picks Bush, without a doubt....Young is going to Tennessee. Ummm....don't know if you forgot but N.O. has the #2 pick. What makes you folks think the Saints won't draft 'em? Personally....I wouldn't trust N.O. in not picking him and instead taking Leinart. I mean...if Young is god......why would N.O. pass him up? Young is the no-brainer #1 overall player right.......so then that would make Houston one stupid ball club, in your opinion.....but N.O. even more RETARDED since they too pass up on him.

Now....let me paint this in a different manner. Say the Titans have the #1 overal, hypothetically....of course. Bare with me now. Say they are torn....just like we are and undecided on taking either Young or Bush as well. Titans have #1, N.O. have #2, Houston has #3. Saying also that the Titans have the same problems at QB as Houston does....which they don't....but...for the sake of discussion. Now....let's say that the Titans really look like they are going to draft Reggie Bush.....all signs point to that. WOULD YOU........HOUSTON FANS...........WOULD YOU TRUST IN NEW ORLEANS NOT SNATCHING YOUNG FROM YOU? Sure most analyst have Leinart going to them.....but do you really trust New Orleans to keep their paws off of him? Why would you expect for the Titans fans to? Why would N.O. HAVE to take Leinart? Afterall.....nobody is even talking about this........like it's beyond the realm of possibility.......which is so strange to me.

One team to pass up the mighty god, Young, is a stroke of luck........but for two to do it? Tennessee would be the luckiest ball club in sports history in you pro-Young Houston fans' opinions. I know anything possible.....just thought I'd entertain this possibility with you guys for a moment.
I'm simply hoping that if I ignore that possibility that it will go away. New Orleans is one of the last places I'd like to see Vince.

I would love to see Vince in Dallas. I don't mind VY anywhere...he can go where ever...JUST NOT TENNESSEE! I don't hate any NFL team, except the sorry *** Titans.

Deuce McAllister, Joe Horn, Donte Stallworth, Zach Hilton.

:hmmm: New Orleans really doesn't sound as bad as some people are trying to make out to be, especially not on the offense side of the ball.

Anyway, I hope we take Matt Leinart. He's ready to step in and play right now, and we definately don't have time to wait for Vince to sit and develop. Plus with former Oklahoma Sooner stud tackle Jamaal Brown anchoring the RT position, we don't have to worry about having a stud left tackle with Leinart because Leinart is a left hander, which means Jamaal would be blocking his blindside.

Saints 4 Leinart in '06!

I think the Saints taking Leinart vs. Young completely depends on the coach they have and if they want a less-mobile, much more accurate QB to stand in the pocket and deliver the ball to their speedy receivers and likely make more of an immediate impact, or go with the more-mobile QB that is going to take some work and a decent amount of time to get him ready to be a good NFL QB. The general consensus around the NFL is that Leinart is definitely the more-NFL-ready QB and at this moment is the better pick, but again it all comes down to the new head coach's preference.

MorKnolle said:
I think the Saints taking Leinart vs. Young completely depends on the coach they have and if they want a less-mobile, much more accurate QB to stand in the pocket and deliver the ball to their speedy receivers and likely make more of an immediate impact, or go with the more-mobile QB that is going to take some work and a decent amount of time to get him ready to be a good NFL QB. The general consensus around the NFL is that Leinart is definitely the more-NFL-ready QB and at this moment is the better pick, but again it all comes down to the new head coach's preference.

Combine & personal tryouts will have a LOT to do with it also. IMO, I think the Aints go Vince if he's there.

SBTexans08 said:

I agree. I believe the choice is Bush. It's the safer choice. Vince Young is riskier. Who knows? He may turn out to be as good as sliced bread. But Bush is an impact player.... right now. He is more the prototype super star running back. Vince Young's game is not as much a sure thing on the pro level. He won't be running through and around college players. When the bigger, faster pro players hit him, he may not be a durable. Personally, I would like both of them to do well. I would prefer Young do well in New Orleans, however. But I would root for whoever the Texans draft.

HOOK'EM said:
Thats sounds good also Leinert said he wouldnt play fo N.O.!

One concern the Saints don't have, at least from the viewpoint of Leinart's agent, Leigh Steinberg, is Leinart trying to avoid being taken by a franchise whose future beyond 2006 is in doubt, much as Eli Manning did with the San Diego Chargers in 2004 when he, in effect, forced a trade to the Giants.

That's not going to happen with Matt Leinart," Steinberg said. "New Orleans is a classic city with a wonderful heritage, which I am sure will rebuild.

"What we know of Sean Payton is very positive, and the Saints are a team with some pretty terrific offensive weapons. If New Orleans is interested in Matt, then I am sure Matt will be interested in them."

http://www.nola.com/saints/t-p/index.ssf?/base/sports-2/1137653846115780.xml

Some people on this board really need to stop pulling crap out of their rear ends when speaking about the Saints situation.

It makes you look so uninformed and ignorant.

This could really happen, check it:

We trade with the Titans (they owe us anyways) our #1 for their #3 and their 2nd rd'r and next years 1st rd'r or their 2nd, 3rd, 4th rd'r in next years draft. The saints stay put @ #2

#1 Tenn draft Leinert and reuinite him with Chow. That has a more long term affect than Young getting mentored by McNair.

#2 N.O. draft Bush. It doesn't really matter which USC guy they get, as long as they get one 'cuz I believe the owner will make a push to move the franchise and since San Antonio is out of the question he will go the route that Paul Tag. wants him to go, LA. This may take a season or 2 but he definately wants one of the CA kids. And for all the "they got duece talk" just imagine him in the same role he'd be here, the lightning in a thunder and lightning backfield, 3rd and long, 3rd receiver, put into motion, PR and KR when trailing in score, etc...And besides, if any team needs to win right away it's N.O. cuz if they get off to a slow start it'll eally be harder than it may already be to get fans in the stadium. I see them picking up a QB in FA that has history with Sean Payton, maybe Collins (didn't he already play in N.O. and was an alcoholic during that time?) or someone else. Any suggetions?

#3 We draft VY from a BPA standpoint and need (my opinion) standpoint. Sure Hawk or Brick could help us but VY will be the BPA on our board and that will be the angle we sell to the media. This happens whether or not we keep Carr with a 2 or 3 year option or trade him, or let him walk and become an UFA.

2-Dallas (from New Orleans-The Saints get Dallas’ first rounder #18, 2007 1st rounder, 2006 2nd rounder and DT Laroi Glover): Vince Young QB Texas. And you know Jerry is going to press him onto the field way too early….at least Young’s self destruction will be fun to watch from DC….

Wow, who ever wrote up that mock draft....*shakes head*

First off, Parcells wouldn't allow such a bone head move. Parcells is a TRUE coach who feels he can win with whatever talent he has. He wouldn't mortgage the farm to do this.

Hey, I'm a Cowboys fan and have been since I have memory, but I certanly don't believe that 1. Parcells would allow for the whole sale sell off of future picks nor do I believe that VY would be anywhere near seeing the field so long as Bledsoe is there.....if VY goes to Dallas, he will be lining up at WR in the slot or sharing time with Keyshawn in situations where more speed is necessary.

Big B Texan Fan said:
This could really happen, check it:

We trade with the Titans (they owe us anyways) our #1 for their #3 and their 2nd rd'r and next years 1st rd'r or their 2nd, 3rd, 4th rd'r in next years draft. The saints stay put @ #2

#1 Tenn draft Leinert and reuinite him with Chow. That has a more long term affect than Young getting mentored by McNair.

#2 N.O. draft Bush. It doesn't really matter which USC guy they get, as long as they get one 'cuz I believe the owner will make a push to move the franchise and since San Antonio is out of the question he will go the route that Paul Tag. wants him to go, LA. This may take a season or 2 but he definately wants one of the CA kids. And for all the "they got duece talk" just imagine him in the same role he'd be here, the lightning in a thunder and lightning backfield, 3rd and long, 3rd receiver, put into motion, PR and KR when trailing in score, etc...And besides, if any team needs to win right away it's N.O. cuz if they get off to a slow start it'll eally be harder than it may already be to get fans in the stadium. I see them picking up a QB in FA that has history with Sean Payton, maybe Collins (didn't he already play in N.O. and was an alcoholic during that time?) or someone else. Any suggetions?

#3 We draft VY from a BPA standpoint and need (my opinion) standpoint. Sure Hawk or Brick could help us but VY will be the BPA on our board and that will be the angle we sell to the media. This happens whether or not we keep Carr with a 2 or 3 year option or trade him, or let him walk and become an UFA.

The Titans aren't going to give up that much to move up two spots, they know, as most everyone does, that the Texans are not that interested in drafting a QB in the 1st round so they're likely willing to take their chances that either Vince or Leinart will be available. I think Tennessee would prefer Young to Leinart, but I'm sure they'd be thrilled with either one, and I don't think they value one over the other that much that they would be willing to trade away so much to ensure they get one of them.

New Orleans is not going to draft Reggie Bush, get over that. They have said that they are unhappy with Aaron Brooks, they are not going to move forward with Bouman as their QB, and they have a great RB in Deuce McAllister that has very good physical abilities and until his injury this season has shown he can shoulder a heavy load. I do think with the way their team is made and how Aaron Brooks didn't work out as a scrambling QB that they would prefer Leinart to Vince, but with a new coach coming in who knows.

We could maybe trade down to #3, but that would require the Titans becoming really high on one of the QBs and New Orleans sounding very interested in that same QB as well, and either way I don't see the Titans offering us much of a trade because they'll be happy with either QB. Even if we do move down to #3, Reggie Bush will be the one available out of the Big 3. If you want Vince so bad we have to get him at #1, but I honestly don't see that happening.

As for that Dallas trade, no way the Cowboys give up two 1sts, a 2nd, and LaRoi Glover for Vince Young. They could be interested in getting a young QB as a future replacement for Bledsoe, but at #18 there should be some good ones left and they may still be hoping that Drew Henson makes something of himself, and if they do decide to move up for Young/Leinart, they won't give up that much for him.

Apparently Sean Payton is pretty high on Leinart...for good reasons obviously. So hopefully it'll go down as many expect/hope:

1. Bush to Houston
2. Leinart to New Orleans
3. Young to Tennessee

Huge said:
Apparently Sean Payton is pretty high on Leinart...for good reasons obviously. So hopefully it'll go down as many expect/hope:

1. Bush to Houston
2. Leinart to New Orleans
3. Young to Tennessee

Very likely...it also be some posturing being that the rumors are that Tennesse wants Wheinhart. Could be that he is trying to set up Tennesse for a trade up and will still work wonders with Young. Peyton is, above all, a great developer of NFL QB talent.

Huge said:
Young to New Orleans is not an option. I simply refuse to accept that as a possibility. :)

You know, I was thinking the same thing. In fact, when I realized that the Texans were not going to pick him, based on the media hype and how so many Texans fans don't want him, I got a little sad and thought him coming out was a mistake because he would end up in New Orleans....

I feel much better about VY going to NO now that Payton is there. At the VERY least, you know he will have 2 solid receivers, a gritty defense and a good runner to work with along with an excellent QB coach to develope him.

I'd still much rather see him go to Tennesse so he can punish all the so called "texas football fans" for supporting a California boy over one of our own. Call it misplaced pride in Texas Football or something...

Huge said:
I'm simply hoping that if I ignore that possibility that it will go away. New Orleans is one of the last places I'd like to see Vince.

If Houston doesn't get Young I want him in N.O. I'd probably travel there (or San Antonio :rolleyes:) to watch them. Young, Horn, Stallworth, and (if he is healthy again) McAllister? That looks like a potent offense to me.

ThaShark316 said:
I would love to see Vince in Dallas. I don't mind VY anywhere...he can go where ever...JUST NOT TENNESSEE! I don't hate any NFL team, except the sorry *** Titans.

List of teams that might need a QB (other than Houston):
Dallas
Tennessee
New Orleans
Miami
NY Jets (depending on Pennington's health)
Baltimore (was the final few games for Boller a fluke?)
Buffalo (JP who?)
Detroit
Oakland
Cleveland

I think that is all of them. Correct me if I am wrong. I just pray he doesn't go to Tennessee, Dallas, or New York from that list.

TheOgre said:
Dallas
Tennessee
New Orleans
Miami
Buffalo (JP who?)
Detroit
Oakland
Cleveland

I think that is all of them. Correct me if I am wrong. I just pray he doesn't go to Tennessee, Dallas, or New York from that list.

WTF??????? why NOT dallas! MORE SUPERBOWLS BABY! Bring him on and lets trade Grampa Bledsoe off for a pick or something.

Glacier said:
You know, I was thinking the same thing. In fact, when I realized that the Texans were not going to pick him, based on the media hype and how so many Texans fans don't want him, I got a little sad and thought him coming out was a mistake because he would end up in New Orleans....

I feel much better about VY going to NO now that Payton is there. At the VERY least, you know he will have 2 solid receivers, a gritty defense and a good runner to work with along with an excellent QB coach to develope him.

I'd still much rather see him go to Tennesse so he can punish all the so called "texas football fans" for supporting a California boy over one of our own. Call it misplaced pride in Texas Football or something...
You have more faith in Payton than I do.

TheOgre said:
If Houston doesn't get Young I want him in N.O. I'd probably travel there (or San Antonio :rolleyes:) to watch them. Young, Horn, Stallworth, and (if he is healthy again) McAllister? That looks like a potent offense to me.
Chances are, I won't be able to travel to either city to watch him play so I'd just like to see him in the place that would afford the best opportunity to succeed. And IMO, Tennessee would be a much better option for that to happen. If it's at the Texans' expense...so be it.

But man, if he came to Dallas, it'd take a month for the grin to come off my face. :D

I would add Arizona to your list of teams potentially looking for a QB. Warner is getting old and it seems as though they're not especially confident in McCown.

Huge said:
Not Arizona!! Let Nathan Huffines, Jr. QB that team.

Arizona.....sigh....

What a horrible thought. That team is a death sentence to anyone who goes there. I think their football facility is built an on ancient indian burial ground or something.... lmao.

TheOgre said:
Dallas
Tennessee
New Orleans
Miami
Buffalo (JP who?)
Detroit
Oakland
Cleveland

No TN or Dallas. Not allowed. Puke puke puke. If Cowboy fans outside of Dallas aren't already annoying enough, it would ratchet them to a new level of regurgitude.

You know Jerry Jones bambified eyes would just plum pop outta their sockets if he had a chance to get Vince. He was so desparate for the "next Vick" that he reached up to get Quincy Freaking Carter. (not to change the subject but Carter and Vick's college stats were not as good as VYs).

I could see him trading up to get VY's pick. Puke.

Texans_Chick said:
No TN or Dallas. Not allowed. Puke puke puke. If Cowboy fans outside of Dallas aren't already annoying enough, it would ratchet them to a new level of regurgitude.

You know Jerry Jones bambified eyes would just plum pop outta their sockets if he had a chance to get Vince. He was so desparate for the "next Vick" that he reached up to get Quincy Freaking Carter. (not to change the subject but Carter and Vick's college stats were not as good as VYs).

hey now!!!! dallas fans outside of dallas...some of us are transplants to our current locations and were in the metroplex before moving to AUSTIN! :P

I wouldn't want to see VY in Dallas. Parcells and his conservative style would ruin the kid. They would end up playing him at WR and keeping Grampa Bledsoe in all his stumbling glory at QB. I swear Bledsoe tripped over his feet a few times this year not to mention, he seems to have forgotten how to receive a snap from under center. bah, don't get me started on the frustrations of being a Cowboys fan.

Texans_Chick said:

But he didn't have BP, and Drew Bledsoe.... Bill won't let Jerry make that mistake, and for Bill to comeback and coach the Cowboys... you know Jerry will listen to him.

It will be a mistake for Dallas to draft Vince Now, because they are seriously looking at a SuperBowl soon. They've got a QB that can do it for them, they know that... they don't have to wonder what would happen if and when they fix their offensive line. They may very well draft a young QB this year, but it won't be with their 18th pick, and they are happy, for now, with that spot. But they'll definitely be looking for a quality back to back up Bledsoe, they'll be willing to pay him, but there won't be any kind of QB controversy in Dallas.

Glacier said:
WTF??????? why NOT dallas! MORE SUPERBOWLS BABY! Bring him on and lets trade Grampa Bledsoe off for a pick or something.

List of favorite teams:
1. Houston
2. Philadelphia
30. Tennessee
31. Dallas
32. Pittsburgh

I don't want to root against him.

*edit* p.s. I thought I had included Arizona. That was an oversight.

MorKnolle said:
New Orleans is not going to draft Reggie Bush, get over that....
...and they have a great RB in Deuce McAllister that has very good physical abilities and until his injury this season has shown he can shoulder a heavy load.

In the last 5 years, Duece has carried the ball 1054 times, for 4529 yards(avg: 4.3 ypc)& 34 TDs... While DD has carried the rock 770 times, for 3195 yards(avg 4.1 ypc) & 23 TDs in 3 years..... Duece has started 16 games, only once in his five year career, missing most of last season(his fifth). The Saints don't see a need at RB, and they don't have the talent at backup, that we have.

MorKnolle said:
I do think with the way their team is made and how Aaron Brooks didn't work out as a scrambling QB that they would prefer Leinart to Vince, but with a new coach coming in who knows.
I think we have the flipside of that argument going for us. I seriously doubt any pocket passer is going to do better than Carr, hence I'd trade down before taking a less mobile Leinart.
MorKnolle said:
We could maybe trade down to #3, but that would require the Titans becoming really high on one of the QBs and New Orleans sounding very interested in that same QB as well, and either way I don't see the Titans offering us much of a trade because they'll be happy with either QB. Even if we do move down to #3, Reggie Bush will be the one available out of the Big 3. If you want Vince so bad we have to get him at #1, but I honestly don't see that happening.
I agree, Bush is more likely to drop out of the top two picks than either of the other two... he may even drop out of the top 5.
MorKnolle said:
As for that Dallas trade, no way the Cowboys give up two 1sts, a 2nd, and LaRoi Glover for Vince Young. They could be interested in getting a young QB as a future replacement for Bledsoe, but at #18 there should be some good ones left and they may still be hoping that Drew Henson makes something of himself, and if they do decide to move up for Young/Leinart, they won't give up that much for him.
They won't go for either.... they're working on a SuperBowl run, and they will use their picks to that end...... They'll are looking for someone to groom, but they won't give up much to get him, not even their #18, not now.

TheOgre said:
List of favorite teams:
1. Houston
2. Philadelphia
30. Tennessee
31. Dallas
32. Pittsburgh

I don't want to root against him.

*edit* p.s. I thought I had included Arizona. That was an oversight.
It's easier than you might think. I've got no problems wishing bad things on Washington (Derrick Dockery). :)

thunderkyss said:
But he didn't have BP, and Drew Bledsoe.... Bill won't let Jerry make that mistake, and for Bill to comeback and coach the Cowboys... you know Jerry will listen to him.

It will be a mistake for Dallas to draft Vince Now, because they are seriously looking at a SuperBowl soon. They've got a QB that can do it for them, they know that... they don't have to wonder what would happen if and when they fix their offensive line. They may very well draft a young QB this year, but it won't be with their 18th pick, and they are happy, for now, with that spot. But they'll definitely be looking for a quality back to back up Bledsoe, they'll be willing to pay him, but there won't be any kind of QB controversy in Dallas.

Tuna is fixin to be gone and Jerry is all about dollar signs.

Tuna being there didn't shut Jerry up about trying to start Drew Henson.

Not that I agree with this but check out this pukey link:

"But if you put Young with Bill Parcells and the Cowboys next year, I see that as a surefire winning recipe. If the Cowboys had a mobile, big-play quarterback, the Dallas defense would do enough for the Cowboys to win 12 games next season."

Barf.

Imagining a successful VY making Dallas a Superbowl threat after the Texans pass on him is something that makes me wish I had a brain eraser.

Huge said:
It's easier than you might think. I've got no problems wishing bad things on Washington (Derrick Dockery). :)

I know. I'm not much of a Bear's fan and took pleasure in Benson and Vasher getting "Smithed".

Texans_Chick said:

"But if you put Young with Bill Parcells and the Cowboys next year, I see that as a surefire winning recipe. If the Cowboys had a mobile, big-play quarterback, the Dallas defense would do enough for the Cowboys to win 12 games next season."

Barf.

Imagining a successful VY making Dallas a Superbowl threat after the Texans pass on him is something that makes me wish I had a brain eraser.

I can't imagine the Texans passing on Vince Young........ I tried, but I'm just not capable....

Jerry mentioned to a reporter that he'd like to see Drew Start, but He never interfeared, or undermined Bill's decision. This is a much different JJ. I can see Vince adding 5 wins to any team his rookie season, but I admit my glasses have a bit of a burnt ernge tint to them.

do realize the titans are a very good team that has just recently fallen out of its glory years kinda like the eagles now and the cowboys (who are building up). we are an organization that only seems to get worse as time goes by.

Texans_Chick said:

Barf.

1. You knew the Texans were serious about drafting Reggie Bush when Tony Banks took the field to lead Dom Capers' final loss.

:D

thunderkyss said:
I agree, Bush is more likely to drop out of the top two picks than either of the other two... he may even drop out of the top 5.

Bush will not drop out of the top 3, much less the top 5. Tennessee and New Orleans are looking for a QB, that's the main reason that they would take Leinart or Young over Bush, it's not a knock against Bush, just that those two teams are looking more at a QB than a RB.

thunderkyss said:
I can't imagine the Texans passing on Vince Young........ I tried, but I'm just not capable....

Jerry mentioned to a reporter that he'd like to see Drew Start, but He never interfeared, or undermined Bill's decision. This is a much different JJ. I can see Vince adding 5 wins to any team his rookie season, but I admit my glasses have a bit of a burnt ernge tint to them.

Get used to the idea of the Texans passing on Vince Young. Vince is not going to play in five full games as a rookie, much less improve his team by five wins.

Afrokid said:
do realize the titans are a very good team that has just recently fallen out of its glory years kinda like the eagles now and the cowboys (who are building up). we are an organization that only seems to get worse as time goes by.

Gets worse as time goes by? We've only been around for four years now, yes we had a bad year this year but that's just how things go sometimes, we are just as capable as catching the upswing next year as any of these other teams.

SBTexans08 said:

Saints won't draft Vince for 2 simple reasons.

1) Outside of the QB, the Saints Offense is ready to win, and win big. Weapons everywhere you look. The Saints don't have at least a 1 1/2-2 years to wait on a QB to develop (Amount that it will probably take Vince to get used to the NFL).

and

2) NO fans have seen the athletic QB and didn't win. They don't care if they have a pure passer of a statue QB, they just want to win!!!!

Texans_Chick said:

man, this thought makes me smile ear to ear. Sadly over and over again, I've had to watch the circumstances be against the Cowboys drafting another Texas stud. I wanted them to draft Roy Williams..no go. I wanted them to draft DJ...no go....

I wonder if VY was available last year when the Boys had 2 #1 picks, if they would have moved up to take him.....

We dont need bush i dont think he can really help us i used to think he would but the more i look at it i want a RB ala Larry johnson a big bruiser that cannot be stopped.

i would love VY because he is a special talent but i dont know if we will take him if we did it be like admitting we were wrong in drafting Carr when we should of drafted peppers any how thats a mistake we cant take back.:twocents:

but back to the topic may be new orleans wants to go with a pocket passer type of QB may be there tired of the "Mobil" QB i dont know how much sense it makes but just my Opinion. but i see new orleans going with Matt Regardless if VY is there.

Back