Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Buffalo/Cowboys

that game was awesome. it made me actually root for the cowboys. first time in my life i've done that. they showed how we do in texas.

Buffalo's decision to go for a 54 yard field goal with 41 seconds left in the half was moronic. Up 17-7. Miss, Wide right and the Cowboys have time to kick their own FG and only are down 7 going into the half.

With all the mistakes the Cowboys made, they deserved to lose.

:fans:

How in the world do you get 6 turnovers, 2 defensive and 1 return for touchdowns, only turn the ball over 1 time yourself, and still lose the game?

Somebody in the Bills organization should lose their job today. There is no excuse for what happened last night, none whatsoever.

Oh, and one more thing, Bills coaches. You might want to cover the sidelines when your opponent is trying to get down the field with less than a minute to go and no timeouts. Just a thought....

idonno:

Oh, and one more thing, Bills coaches. You might want to cover the sidelines when your opponent is trying to get down the field with less than a minute to go and no timeouts. Just a thought....

idonno:

exactly that last romo to crayton (uncovered) pass was ridiculous.. (this is unconventional but) i wouldn't even have sent any d-linemen on for that play, romo was obviously going to just get a quick pass off so whats the point in trying to rush the passer?? use all your db's and lb'ers (4 to each sideline- with 3 deep in case dallas goes for it all) and make that the last play of the game by not letting them get out of bounds

ummm, the offense scored 3 lousy points. how is that great? I get the fact that it was his 2nd start but to call scoring 3 points great is a bit much.

oh, and dont forget the fact that he threw the pick in the red zone that Newman returned to the 20 of the Bills. If he doesnt throw that pick and they kick the field goal, they are up by 11 and there is no big comeback or onside kick.

Edwards was horrible as was the entire Bills offense and Dallas defense is barely average this year.

Okay maybe i exagerated a bit, but, under the circumstances he did a better job than most would've expected. I didn't mean great in the sense of superbowl MVP. I meant him not losing the game for them like so many young inexperienced Qb's do on that stage, in that circumstance. & again, the int will go in his stats, but Ware tipped that pass making it easier for Newman to break on it. If it's not tipped i'm not so sure Newman gets to it.

& the offense scoring "3 lousy points" isn't exactly all his fault. They couldn't run the ball to save their lives. come on man all this stuff goes hand in hand. The only reason why they were even able to move the ball sometimes was b/c he was making some good throws, whether they were short or not.

& a top 10 defense barely average....

Okay maybe i exagerated a bit, but, under the circumstances he did a better job than most would've expected. I didn't mean great in the sense of superbowl MVP. I meant him not losing the game for them like so many young inexperienced Qb's do on that stage, in that circumstance. & again, the int will go in his stats, but Ware tipped that pass making it easier for Newman to break on it. If it's not tipped i'm not so sure Newman gets to it.

& the offense scoring "3 lousy points" isn't exactly all his fault. They couldn't run the ball to save their lives. come on man all this stuff goes hand in hand. The only reason why they were even able to move the ball sometimes was b/c he was making some good throws, whether they were short or not.

& a top 10 defense barely average....

guess what? throwing that int was the gamechanger that lost the game for the bills- and ware doesnt tip the ball if edwards doesnt stare down evans the whole play

it isnt all his fault that the offence struggled but like i said earlier he made 1 good throw to evans- that was it.. everything else -dump offs, he was wrapped in cotton wool- all YAC by the wrs.. it doesnt take a good qb to do that (as DC showed us last yr)

look at who Dallas have played- pitiful offences and the only decent one they came up against (giants) they got torched like it was the end of 2006

i thought lynch looked good though

guess what? throwing that int was the gamechanger that lost the game for the bills- and ware doesnt tip the ball if edwards doesnt stare down evans the whole play
it isnt all his fault that the offence struggled but like i said earlier he made 1 good throw to evans- that was it.. everything else -dump offs, he was wrapped in cotton wool- all YAC by the wrs.. it doesnt take a good qb to do that (as DC showed us last yr)

look at who Dallas have played- pitiful offences and the only decent one they came up against (giants) they got torched like it was the end of 2006

i thought lynch looked good though

It was not, the cowboys score a TD the series after Edwards threw the pick. After newman got the pick, Romo promptly threw his 5th pick like 2 plays later. Anyhow, the key play was the onside kick recovery that sets dallas up inside the 50. That was the play of the game. If the bills recover that, the game is more than likely over. Really, what game were you watching?

& i don't know what kind of Qb'ing you expect to come from a rookie, but just for him @ this stage in his career to know when to dump off & know when he can throw it down field is somewhat a kind of a big deal. This isn't DC in his 5th year still doing this b/c he can't read coverage, this is a rookie in his 2nd game facing a top ranked, blitz-heavy D, who's standing tall in the pocket, READING THE DEFENSE & taking what's being given to him; mostly in the face of a pass rush. There is a difference.

Again, i exagerated a bit, but just that he did a very good job all things considered. At least we agree that Lynch looked good.

People can say Dallas played nobody, etc but the Texans barely got by Miami and lost to winless Atlanta. Talking heads don't know anything. The NFL is still a parity filled league where any team can beat another on a given day. When you play a 16 game schedule and grind out a season, any win is a godo win no matter the opponent. The Bears were supposed to be awesome and Dallas took it to their defense. The Dallas Defense suffered from a lack of having Newman and last night he showed why on many plays.

It was not, the cowboys score a TD the series after Edwards threw the pick. After newman got the pick, Romo promptly threw his 5th pick like 2 plays later. Anyhow, the key play was the onside kick recovery that sets dallas up inside the 50. That was the play of the game. If the bills recover that, the game is more than likely over. Really, what game were you watching?

& i don't know what kind of Qb'ing you expect to come from a rookie, but just for him @ this stage in his career to know when to dump off & know when he can throw it down field is somewhat a kind of a big deal. This isn't DC in his 5th year still doing this b/c he can't read coverage, this is a rookie in his 2nd game facing a top ranked, blitz-heavy D, who's standing tall in the pocket, READING THE DEFENSE & taking what's being given to him; mostly in the face of a pass rush. There is a difference.

Again, i exagerated a bit, but just that he did a very good job all things considered. At least we agree that Lynch looked good.

he doesnt throw the pick- they kick a chip shot fg and the game is iced

there's a difference between knowing WHEN to dump it down and dumping it every play- we all know dallas' secondary is less than stellar in pass coverage(bar newman) so you're telling me edwards READ that he had no opening down the field in any of his 20-30 snaps?? i say BS.. i know im prob being hyper critical but its just because everybody's acting like hes the new brady when lets face it he showed zero playmaking ability- and looked very average at best

lynch despite struggling some (thanks to a terrible o-line.. nice job in FA buffalo) he showed flashes.. edwards had that nice throw to evans for 10 ish yards.. just saying

he doesnt throw the pick- they kick a chip shot fg and the game is iced

there's a difference between knowing WHEN to dump it down and dumping it every play- we all know dallas' secondary is less than stellar in pass coverage(bar newman) so you're telling me edwards READ that he had no opening down the field in any of his 20-30 snaps?? i say BS.. i know im prob being hyper critical but its just because everybody's acting like hes the new brady when lets face it he showed zero playmaking ability- and looked very average at best

lynch despite struggling some (thanks to a terrible o-line.. nice job in FA buffalo) he showed flashes.. edwards had that nice throw to evans for 10 ish yards.. just saying

Really, did you watch the game? We've all seen how it looks when a Qb isn't reading the D but just dumping off with noone really around him. He wasn't doing that, very much.

You can see his head on a swivel (except on the int) as he surveyed the field & was making his dump offs milliseconds before having his head torn off by Ware & company. & he was routinely doing this throughout the game. You also have to take into account some of the throws he made were designed to be short quick passes b/c that's one of the things you do when you've got a less than stellar O-line going against a pretty good D-line to keep the blitz/pass rush at bay.

I don't like the brady comparison much either, but you know how it is, You have to take it for what it is.... garbage. Hell, before the game they were talking about Romo being the next Favre & you can't help but roll your eyes at that.

Really, did you watch the game? We've all seen how it looks when a Qb isn't reading the D but just dumping off with noone really around him. He wasn't doing that, very much.

You can see his head on a swivel (except on the int) as he surveyed the field & was making his dump offs milliseconds before having his head torn off by Ware & company. & he was routinely doing this throughout the game. You also have to take into account some of the throws he made were designed to be short quick passes b/c that's one of the things you do when you've got a less than stellar O-line going against a pretty good D-line to keep the blitz/pass rush at bay.

I don't like the brady comparison much either, but you know how it is, You have to take it for what it is.... garbage. Hell, before the game they were talking about Romo being the next Favre & you can't help but roll your eyes at that.

we'll have to agree to disagree... i didnt see that much to get excited about, you did... time will tell

Tony's hero is Favre and I believe he's from Wisconsin. Makes sense.

And I've heard Brett himself say watching Romo is liking watching a younger version of himself.

Newman has plantar facitias, same foot injury Mario had last year.

WTF on side kick recovered? Can this game get any more crazy.

It's not the same injury. Newman has a tear in his foot and Mario had the condition..no tear. Same body part though.

People can say Dallas played nobody, etc but the Texans barely got by Miami and lost to winless Atlanta. Talking heads don't know anything. The NFL is still a parity filled league where any team can beat another on a given day. When you play a 16 game schedule and grind out a season, any win is a godo win no matter the opponent. The Bears were supposed to be awesome and Dallas took it to their defense. The Dallas Defense suffered from a lack of having Newman and last night he showed why on many plays.

Newman is a top 3 CB in the NFL & the Dallas pass defense is toast when he's not on the field.

Tony's hero is Favre and I believe he's from Wisconsin. Makes sense.

And I've heard Brett himself say watching Romo is liking watching a younger version of himself.

Yeah, the whole gunslinger mentality & all that, i get it, but if i recall Romo also said that the comparisons to Favre are absurd b/c Favre is on a whole other level in his mind & of course, everyone elses.

I'm sure Tony knows he's nowhere near Favre's greatness....Brett's the one that said Tony reminded him of himself.

And Romo grew up idolizing Favre..kind of natural that that would be who he would emulate.

Favre is maybe the most fun QB to watch of all times. Great!

as a DB, I shouldn't have to physically turn my head around to be able to be considered as making a play on the ball.

I agree. But faceguarding is still called because fans love points & the harder you make it for the defense, the easier you make it for the offense.

The DB could be (and probably was) watching TO's eyes and timing his play based on that. As long as you are not physically displacing the receiver it seems to me that you should be able to make that play legally,

That's how I was taught to play CB. If you watch the QB then you are always subject to pump fakes or being looked off, but a WRs eyes can never trick you.

That's how I was taught to play CB. If you watch the QB then you are always subject to pump fakes or being looked off, but a WRs eyes can never trick you.

tell that to fred thomas- if i remember right berrian punked him pretty badly in the NFCCG last year by 'looking him off'

This just in...
Matt Schaub...4 ints in 5 games
Tony Romo.....8 ints in 5 games

I'm just saying....Schaub is the S-H-I-...

Matt Schaub...5 TDs in 5 games
Tony Romo....13 TDs in 5 games

I like how you left that part out. This is a Texans board, but we can still be objective.

Hate Dallas or not, Romo is still a pretty good player. Just sayin.

tex- i aint hatin on ya, you just shouldn't think that Edwards was doing a good job because the whole damn announcing booth was homering for the Bills. He lost the game for them when you look at it closely. The bills offense only scored 3 points and they gave up 3 points at the end of the game on offense which would have iced the game (see Newman's pick).

its not all Edwards fault as their roster is a Who's Not in the NFL. Blame Rich and his greed and their ineptitude as an organization.

I say, great job Cowboys. You made the Bills fans eat a sandwich de mierda that was still only a fraction of the one Frank Reich made us eat after the 35-3 game. For crying out loud, the Bills are the reason the Oilers were ran out of town when you look at it closely. Screw them, screw their fans, and screw their bleeping city. **** Buffalo. (thanks TJ for the wit at the end)

tex- i aint hatin on ya, you just shouldn't think that Edwards was doing a good job because the whole damn announcing booth was homering for the Bills. He lost the game for them when you look at it closely. The bills offense only scored 3 points and they gave up 3 points at the end of the game on offense which would have iced the game (see Newman's pick).

its not all Edwards fault as their roster is a Who's Not in the NFL. Blame Rich and his greed and their ineptitude as an organization.

I say, great job Cowboys. You made the Bills fans eat a sandwich de mierda that was still only a fraction of the one Frank Reich made us eat after the 35-3 game. For crying out loud, the Bills are the reason the Oilers were ran out of town when you look at it closely. Screw them, screw their fans, and screw their bleeping city. **** Buffalo. (thanks TJ for the wit at the end)

LOL, naw it's cool, i just posted all this stuff without knowing how much you disliked the Bills, which kind of clouds your judgement on this particular talking point imo. I look at that infamous game more as the Oilers losing it than the Bills winning it & for that reason i can't hate them the same way that i hate the Cowboys.... or the titans for that matter.

I can't cheer for the cowboys under any circumstances & last night was shaping up to be a great night in sports for me; I won my ff game, the yankees lost & the cowboys were about to Lo............................ &^%$!

"I Hate the Dallas Cowboys and Who Elected Them America's Team Anyway?"
:Bert Sugar.

"F" the Cowgirls!
They haven't played anyone yet anyway.

^^^yes they have...they've just beaten all of them, lol.....who can you honestly say is better than them in the NFC right now (besides the Packers)?????

Romo > Schaub

Matt Schaub...5 TDs in 5 games
Tony Romo....13 TDs in 5 games

I like how you left that part out. This is a Texans board, but we can still be objective.

Yes, but Romo's had his gamebreaking receiver healthy. And the defenses Romo has gone up against aren't quite that good.

The Cowboys have played against four defenses that are in the bottom 10 (Chicago, Miami, Buffalo and St. Louis). The Texans had to play against only two defense that are in the bottom 10 (Miami and Carolina).
http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/statistics?sort=ypg&stat=team&pos=def&league=nfl&season=2&year=2007

Schaub has had to work without his versatile starting running back and game-breaking Pro Bowl wide receiver. But Schaub has done a decent job moving the ball with 3rd string receivers. Could Romo do that without Terrell Owens to run interference and draw coverage away from Pat Crayton?

And Schaub has not yet turned the ball over six times in one game.

Bottom line, Schaub is currently ranked a higher passer with a higher completion % and half as many picks as Romo.
http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/statistics?stat=pass&sort=rat&league=nfl&season=2&year=2007

Just sayin'.

Back