Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Bucs Fire OC

HoustonFrog

Dallas Frog
They are as big a mess as the Chiefs and Broncos...maybe 3 wins

http://www.buccaneers.com/news/newsdetail.aspx?newsid=7280&trid=home

The Buccaneers announced today that they have dismissed Offensive Coordinator Jeff Jagodzinski.

Quarterbacks Coach Greg Olson has been promoted to offensive coordinator/quarterbacks coach.

Jagodzinski was named the Buccaneers offensive coordinator on January 29, 2009. He came to Tampa Bay after two years (2007-2008) as the head coach at Boston College. Prior to his stint at Boston College, Jagodzinski served as the offensive coordinator for the Green Bay Packers in 2006 and spent the two seasons (2004-2005) prior to that on the staff of the Atlanta Falcons

This strikes me as screwed up in a different way than the Chiefs.

Both fired the OC days before the opener, but with the Chiefs, he was a holdover who didn't fit in with the new HC (who was also a offensive guru). In TB, they brought in a guy for the new coach - presumably to run the offense, since Raheem Morris has a defensive background. Both teams look to have horrible years ahead, but something stinks a little more about the TB situation.

This was the same coach that BC fired for interviewing with the Jets, right? That dude's having a rough year.

I'll put money on the fact that the OC probably thought Morris's 2-2-1 RB idea was frigging a joke and that he should stick to the defensive side the ball...which I agree with. Raheem probably just cut the cord after that.

I don't I've ever seen a year when two OC's get the boot during the preseason.

I don't I've ever seen a year when two OC's get the boot during the preseason.

Me neither. Maybe it has to do with the evolution of younger coaches in the NFL these days? Trying to stake their claim of the team? Who knows? It's crazy though, that's for dang sure.

Me neither. Maybe it has to do with the evolution of younger coaches in the NFL these days? Trying to stake their claim of the team? Who knows? It's crazy though, that's for dang sure.

Agreed.

I would think that it basically blows up everything that was accomplished in preseason and training camp. Awful move and, methinks, its showing off Raheem and AZ dude's (can't remember his name) lack of experience.

This strikes me as screwed up in a different way than the Chiefs.

Both fired the OC days before the opener, but with the Chiefs, he was a holdover who didn't fit in with the new HC (who was also a offensive guru). In TB, they brought in a guy for the new coach - presumably to run the offense, since Raheem Morris has a defensive background. Both teams look to have horrible years ahead, but something stinks a little more about the TB situation.

Pretty much how I feel especially the last line. I liked the Bucs with Dungy at the helm but since then the franchise has progressively faltered and gotten worse. I wasn't a huge Gruden fan but, at least the guy had a track record as opposed to Morris. Also thought it was pretty stupid of them to let Garcia go only to supplant him with Byron Leftwhich.

My only thought is they are going to take a big hit this year, fire Morris and try to lure someone of decent stature to TB.

Back