[BSPN] McShay's Mock Draft (4-16-09)

Discussion in 'Mock Draft Talk' started by Texans34Life, Apr 17, 2009.

1. Texans34Life

Texans34Life I BLEED TEXANS!

http://insider.espn.go.com/nfl/draf...olumns/story?columnist=mcshay_todd&id=4054682

15. Houston Texans (8-8): Brian Cushing, OLB, USC

Top three needs: SS, NT, rush DE

There's a high-percentage chance that Houston could trade back. This could be where a team like Philadelphia moves up for an offensive tackle. However, if the Texans get stuck here, there's no one available to address their top needs -- strong safety and nose tackle -- and Cushing is the best fit because Houston would give DeMeco Ryans a partner in crime against the run at the strongside linebacker.

2. Ole Miss Texan

Ole Miss Texan Hall of Fame

No way do I pass on Malcolm Jenkins if available. I find it hard for him to slip to us, but I do think Beanie Wells to N.O. makes a lot of sense.

3. bah007

bah007 Hall of Fame

As a rule, I disregard everything McShay says.

All he does is pander to his audience. He seems to have no real thoughts of his own. If he does, he swallows them and just tells you what you want to hear.

4. beerlover

beerlover Site Contributor

we all have our favorite LB's, nationally its Cushing locally its Matthews. of all the LB prospects coming out in this draft my favorite is Clint Sintim with the 46th pick. great value, talented @ position of need. he is a great fit for Bush system, aggressive & physical - in essence a pure football player who would impact Texans defensive push.

5. drewmar74

drewmar74 disgruntled

Philly trading for Jason Peters might kill his "Philly needs a tackle" theory.

6. threetoedpete

threetoedpete Hall of Fame

I'm not opposed to cushing. They want a true Strong side DE opposite Mario taking on the right tackles...and out side of Tyson Jackson....the next guy in line is an unproven but loaded with potential Jarron Gilbret. So I dunno....frist round tallent....with an exceptional first step....he ain't there. But the backers are.

I could live with Cushing. I think the guy has been picked apart...for being meticulous at taking care of his body ? So he's not Max McGee so what ?

7. threetoedpete

threetoedpete Hall of Fame

Safe is always a wise policy.

8. ObsiWan

ObsiWan Site Contributor

Max had one of his best games (Super Bowl I) playing with a hangover. aaaah... they don't make 'em like they used to.
    :D

God, can you imagine what today's paparazzi press would do to guys like that?

9. Maddict5

Maddict5 Hall of Fame

i dont get that at all. everyone has beanie going to NO but i dont see it. pierre thomas is a fine rb & they have to give bush the other touches. where does beanie fit? they, like us, need a D alot more than offensive players