BSPN: Coin toss nets Falcons No. 3 pick; Raiders, Chiefs to follow

Discussion in 'The National Football League' started by Texans34Life, Feb 22, 2008.

1. Texans34Life

Texans34Life I BLEED TEXANS!

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/draft08/news/story?id=3258265

2. nero THE zero

nero THE zero Hall of Fame

Why is it that people that are so discontent with ESPN still get their news from them?

This is the internet, there are a hundred other legitimate news sources out there. If you don't like ESPN, don't use ESPN.

3. nunusguy

nunusguy Hall of Fame

Sitting at #5 after the coin flip, I wonder if the Chiefs really don't have the
    best pick in the whole Draft ? I mean in terms of value, because they will certainly get an outstanding talent who will fill a big need and yet they won't have a cap-hit to the degree the top 2 or 3 picks will have.

4. Lucky

Lucky Moderator

I agree. And if McFadden and/or Ryan make it to #5, they're in the catbird seat to make a deal.

5. Specnatz

Specnatz Site Contributor

That is the thing, I think they are hoping McFadden is not there that way they do not have to upset their fan base by not drafting him.

6. Lucky

Lucky Moderator

The Chiefs have some of the best fans in the league. They're knowledgeable enough to know they've got LJ tied up with a long term contract.

7. Specnatz

My point was that having certain players not there helps sometimes with drafting and not upsetting the fans. You would think Texans fans would be knowledgeable and look how well they reacted to the mario pick and now all those morons have egg on their face.

8. bah007

bah007 Hall of Fame

Well to be fair to our fan base, I'm pretty sure that they only showed those certain idiots at the draft party on purpose.

The media still sometimes brings up how the Texans fans were SO against the pick when it was really them who couldn't get over it.

9. Lucky

Lucky Moderator

You would think. But in all fairness, not all of those fans were Texans fans. And being "on the clock" for 5 months creates a different level of pressure on a team from its fan base.

10. beerlover

beerlover Site Contributor

& they need to rebuild their offensive line. probably a little nervous right now about Jake Long still on the board @ #5. Clady would be the back-up plan.

11. Vinny

Vinny shiny happy fan Staff Member

You can't just generalize our fan base as unique. Eagle fans are smart too....this is just how NFL fans are. Opinionated and enthusiastic even though we are wrong more often than the teams are. We just don't get fired for it.

12. badboy

badboy Site Contributor

Because I wanted a LT or even a RB instead of a DE I am a moron? I admit I was disgusted with the Williams pick. It is pretty easy to look back at a decision and say what a great or poor decision was made. I think there is even a name for it.

13. Specnatz

Just because you preferr one guy or another does not make you a moron and that is not what I ment at all. But saying the guy sucks and booing him before he even plays a down would make the person a moron, ala espin.

We all have favorites and players we want that is human nature and nothing wrong with that.