Browns talked trade with Rams

Discussion in 'College Football & the NFL Draft' started by OzzO, Apr 16, 2010.

1. OzzO

OzzO .. and then?

SI/CNN.com

2. BIG TORO

BIG TORO TERADACTYL #23

Thats intresting, but I doubt the Rams will give up there pick.

3. painekiller

painekiller Hall of Fame

The ownership of the Rams is in flux, and they have missed repeatedly on their 1st round picks in the recent past, and they are looking at a 40 to 50 million dollar contract to a guy with a shoulder that has been hurt more than once...

Most teams today will trade the pick if offered a decent contract just to save the bonus money going out. And the Rams have a history of being cheap.

4. Honoring Earl 34

Honoring Earl 34 Hey Koolaid

Having drafted for the Browns , their roster stinks . They traded away three of their past #1 picks ( Wimbley , Quinn , Edwards ) . They need to keep as many picks as possible and hope they hit on more than half .

5. Ole Miss Texan

Ole Miss Texan Hall of Fame

If I'm the Rams, it's going to have to be a really attractive package for me to trade out of the top spot. A possible franchise QB is sitting there for you and you can't pass that up. Draft him and beef up your OL. You already drafted Jason Smith #2 overall last year. Pick up a RG like Jon Asamoah in the 2nd... or get a guy in the 3rd/4th. No team drafting in the #1 isn't going to have a ton of holes but it all starts with the QB. They've got a decent to good running game already. Beef up the OL and help out that #1 QB. Rams ranked 11th in YPC last year. The running game is a young QB's best friend.