Browns fans protest

Discussion in 'The National Football League' started by jaayteetx, Oct 30, 2009.

1. jaayteetx

jaayteetx Hall of Fame

Anybody heard of this? Browns fans want to plan a protest on MNF. Guess they want fans to go to the game, but not sit in their seats till after kickoff.

2. brakos82

brakos82 Hall of Fame

Maybe they can join together for a better football team.

Then beat the Browns. :user:

3. Hagar

Hagar Drink up yall, its the Texans!

Browns fans to protest the ongoing Browns-ness of the Browns

Good for them. I hope they pull it off. Its my opinion that the fans don't have voice they should in the NFL. I don't think there's very many fans out there who would oppose leveling the playing field through revenue sharing &/or salary cap, yet the NFL and the players union are at odds again. Its all about the money and I'm getting tired of giving it to them.

4. Wolf

Wolf 100% Texan

I would think if they really wanted to protest , don't buy tickets? :thinking:

I know this is a mild form of protest that they are doing and most probably have season tickets already , but the Browns got their money already. so I guess one has to do what they have to do .. maybe don't buy concessions or limit the concession spending ..

5. TxDavid

TxDavid Go Coogs!

I'm not fan of protests, but I must say that I like this one. I think it's the best protest I've heard. They still want to support the team, but they're not being heard. They want to voice their dissatisfaction without booing, and without bags on the heads. I think it's a great way to say - " We're pissed off and frustrated. Now that we've said our peace, let's play some football."

Come kickoff if all of those seats are empty, the silence will be deafening.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slug=ap-browns-fanprotest&prov=ap&type=lgns

6. infantrycak

infantrycak Mod. Staff Member

Not being heard? What exactly do they expect the Browns to do mid-season after the trade deadline with a 1st year head coach?

7. Yankee_In_TX

Yankee_In_TX Dance Lindsay!

I bet that will work as well as the walk out planned for a pirates game a few years ago.... lol

8. Wolf

Wolf 100% Texan

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slug=ap-browns-fanprotest&prov=ap&type=lgns

9. LonerATO

LonerATO Hall of Fame

10. Bulluck53

Bulluck53 All Pro

If they don't buy the tickets they won't be able to stay at home and watch the game, unless there is a different rule for MNF.

11. gtexan02

gtexan02 Working?

If I were a browns fan, I'd be protesting. That game was just awful to witness

12. LonerATO

LonerATO Hall of Fame

I was talking about those that wanted to protest, because no matter what people are still going to buy tickets

13. ChrisG

ChrisG Road Fan

from what i heard the ppl who organized the protest met with Browns front office and called it off. They [the fans] just wanted to be heard and i guess they were

14. Texan4Ever

Texan4Ever Hall of Fame

I don't think what the Brown's fans are doing is wrong. In fact, if you buy tickets it shows you support the team but sometimes boycotting is the way to go.

Its sad that even after folding as a franchise and then comming back the Browns still haven't been able to get it together. I think they are capable of being a solid football program, but it has to start from the top. The owner needs to play an active role rather then count his $$$ all the time and you need a solid GM who knows how to run a successfull franchise to come in and tell people what the organization stands for and how they are going to go about doing business on and off the field.

15. STEEL BLUE TEXANS

STEEL BLUE TEXANS Hall of Fame

The fans were chanting "ASSHOLE" as the guy who started the protest walked down to his seat.