Brown, the NFLs 2nd best clutch kicker

Discussion in 'Texans Talk' started by BuffSoldier, Sep 26, 2004.

1. BuffSoldier

BuffSoldier Hall of Fame

Hats of to Erick Brown and one hell of a game winning kick :headbang: , brings back the memory of last years game against the Phins. Perfection, staight down the pipe couldnt have done it better.

2. 281

281 Hall of Fame

Kris is a helluva kicker...

3. swisher

swisher Old School

I was pretty mad when they let the time run down without at least running another running play to get a few more yard, but what the hell do I know?! He made it anyway! Way to go!

4. Tulip

Tulip Hall of Fame

Swisher - that was my same thought. I thought it was that over-conservative philosophy rearing its head today. But Capers had the confidence in Kris Brown (as he should), and it was perfect. Great win. But - given our track record, I'm worried about the quality of next week's game. Flashbacks of playing Cincy in 2002 are invading my brain.

5. RTP2110

RTP2110 Thank You Andre

What I wanna know is why did they call the timeout with 7 seconds left? They shoulda ran it down to 2 or 3 seconds, and not had to kick off again.

6. texasguy346

texasguy346 Mod Squad

I imagine the playclock didn't allow them to run it all the way down to 2 seconds. I don't think Capers would willingly give Dante Hall a shot at touching the ball unless he absolutely had to.

7. Hey, thanks Steelers, you let go a good one. Yea he may suck at the Ketchup bottle where everyone else struggles, but you let go of a good one.