Brooks to Oakland

Discussion in 'The National Football League' started by The Dude Abides, Mar 22, 2006.

1. The Dude Abides

The Dude Abides Hall of Fame

2. Bubbajwp

Bubbajwp All Flopper

3. MorKnolle

MorKnolle Hall of Fame

I don't think the Raiders view Aaron Brooks as a long-term solution and I think they definitely could still take a QB in the 1st round and have them sit behind Brooks for a year. I think it could increase the chances of them taking Jay Cutler if both he and Vince Young are available at #7, as they have Aaron Brooks as their more mobile QB and then get Cutler to compete for the starting spot and give them a different type of QB.

4. tulexan

tulexan Hall of Fame

You never know with the Raiders, but I can't see Brooks being the QB of the future for them.

5. thunderkyss

thunderkyss Salem Poor

they're stacked pretty deep at QB now....... You never know with the raiders, but I think they'll pass on QB

6. edo783

edo783 Site Contributor

Books's deal is only for two years. Sounds like about the right amount of time to bring in a young QB, set him for a year or so, then have a veteran QB that you can kick to the curb easily if needed. I still look for them to grab a young QB. I hope/expect that it won't be VY. TOTALLY wrong club for him. Bad coaching and a deep ball offense with some STRONG personalities. The right one IMO, would be the Cards. A GOOD vet QB that has a history of working well with young QBs and a coach who probably would be willing to adapt his offense to make use of VYs running abilities.

7. MorKnolle

MorKnolle Hall of Fame

I agree with you that the Cardinals would probably be the best fit for Vince and I do have him going to the Cards in the last mock I did and it will remain that way when I write up my second version of my mock.

8. Tale Gator

Tale Gator ________

Wow, Vince throwing to Boldin and Fitz with Edge running behind him -- that would be a recipe for major success.

9. mexican_texan

mexican_texan Furry Tractors

The Raiders have a young QB, Andrew Walter from ASU, that they really like. A Raider fan told me the Raiders would pass on Matt Leinart because Walter has a strong arm that could work wonderfully with big 18.

So, Vince in the sixth round? :drool: j/k the most he'll fall is to the Chiefs.

10. thunderkyss

thunderkyss Salem Poor

I don't know..... I mean we do have a QB guru right here in Houston..... And we have a veteran starter for the next three years.

11. Blake

Blake MMQB

Aaron Brooks will not make them shy away from taking a rd 1 QB. Andrew Walter might make them think twice.

Im almost certain those 3 QB's will be gobbled up before the cards at #?

12. chuckm

chuckm Hall of Fame

I'm not sure conventional wisdom can predict in any way, shape, or form what Al Davis will do in any situation, much less the draft ...

13. Blake

Blake MMQB

haha nice. I guess we can lump Millen in with Al. Both of those guys are wild guns on draft day.

14. TheOgre

TheOgre Hall of Fame

Brooks will start until Young or Cutler is ready to go.

15. mexican_texan

mexican_texan Furry Tractors

So would they play WHEN he's benched? Aaron Brooks under the right system will play well. In other words: He won't mess up AS much in a dumbed down offense. I'm not saying he's dumb, but he tends to make bad decisions.

16. Tuiasasasdflasjdf;lajsdf;lasdfl;aj is as good as gone. They let go of their starting QB so it is in their best interest to bring in as many QB's to evaluate. I still say they draft a QB at #1 unless some other dealings come along. It will get heated up come draft day, trust me.