Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Broncos - Please whup the Texans

No one's judge and jury of anything. It's my opinion, man. If someone roots for their team to lose under any circumstance, then I think it reflects poorly. Simple as that. No one has to agree with it, if they don't want to.

I don't really care to lighten up when my opinions continue to be misconstrued. That's why I downdinged your post. Honestly, if there should be no downdings, then the system shouldn't exist. Can't believe we're doing this run-around again. I mean, what do I have to do, make a thread about how much I hate Kubiak? Do I have to bring up examples and screenshots from other boards "proving" that I've wished for Kubiak's departure since last year? Just because I'm not willing to slam him at EVERY turn? I've admitted plenty of times that "as far as W/Ls go, the Smithiak era has been a failure."

I'm normally a very easy-going guy, but the reason I've been posting with an edge here is because if you're not touting the company line in EVERY SINGLE POST YOU MAKE, you're some sort of outcast it seems. I guess that's how it is in life anyway, just gotta get used to it.

If it comes across as me being too tightly wound up, then whatever. Everyone's on edge. This team has severely underperformed. BUT it's no way to foster a winning attitude amongst the players by losing. I guarantee "Uncle BoB" will get rid of Kubiak, or at least strongly shake up the coaching staff. I'm PRETTY SURE he sees what we're seeing. We're message board geeks. We're extreme fans. On every board I visit that's specific to a team I root for, people pound the **** out of a specific issue or person. For this board, it's Kubiak. For the Suns, its Turkoglu/lack of PF/ownership. For the Braves, it was Bobby Cox. For the Sabres, it's coach/GM.

I don't know. Maybe I'm just not cut out for team-specific message boards. I understand it seems silly to think less of someone because they want their team to lose, but I think it does reflect poorly. I don't care to be told I'm trolling because I'm posting what I believe, like another dude said. Maybe I should just cut down on my posting, or something. I don't know.

Pretty much dead on.....there's hardly ever any room for "moderation" here. As far as rationality and logic?....you're entirely in the wrong place. Strive for "moderation" and expect disappointment. Strive for rational thought and/or logic? Don't even waste your time.....

No one's judge and jury of anything. It's my opinion, man. If someone roots for their team to lose under any circumstance, then I think it reflects poorly. Simple as that. No one has to agree with it, if they don't want to.

I don't really care to lighten up when my opinions continue to be misconstrued. That's why I downdinged your post. Honestly, if there should be no downdings, then the system shouldn't exist. Can't believe we're doing this run-around again. I mean, what do I have to do, make a thread about how much I hate Kubiak? Do I have to bring up examples and screenshots from other boards "proving" that I've wished for Kubiak's departure since last year? Just because I'm not willing to slam him at EVERY turn? I've admitted plenty of times that "as far as W/Ls go, the Smithiak era has been a failure."

I'm normally a very easy-going guy, but the reason I've been posting with an edge here is because if you're not touting the company line in EVERY SINGLE POST YOU MAKE, you're some sort of outcast it seems. I guess that's how it is in life anyway, just gotta get used to it.

If it comes across as me being too tightly wound up, then whatever. Everyone's on edge. This team has severely underperformed. BUT it's no way to foster a winning attitude amongst the players by losing. I guarantee "Uncle BoB" will get rid of Kubiak, or at least strongly shake up the coaching staff. I'm PRETTY SURE he sees what we're seeing. We're message board geeks. We're extreme fans. On every board I visit that's specific to a team I root for, people pound the **** out of a specific issue or person. For this board, it's Kubiak. For the Suns, its Turkoglu/lack of PF/ownership. For the Braves, it was Bobby Cox. For the Sabres, it's coach/GM.

I don't know. Maybe I'm just not cut out for team-specific message boards. I understand it seems silly to think less of someone because they want their team to lose, but I think it does reflect poorly. I don't care to be told I'm trolling because I'm posting what I believe, like another dude said. Maybe I should just cut down on my posting, or something. I don't know.

tl;dr

Anyway, you just need to stop being so damn sensitive handing out negative reps to people that don't agree with you. Questioning people on this board's character as a human being because they want their team to lose this last game. Dude, it's really not that serious. Football is just entertainment. That kind of stuff you post just makes you look childish. You need to lighten up bro. Get you some poontang.

tl;dr

Anyway, you just need to stop being so damn sensitive handing out negative reps to people that don't agree with you. Questioning people on this board's character as a human being because they want their team to lose this last game. Dude, it's really not that serious. Football is just entertainment. That kind of stuff you post just makes you look childish. You need to lighten up bro. Get you some poontang.

Why even respond with the same garbage that made me angry enough to type that long response in the first place? Maybe you should read before responding to understand my point of view.

Perhaps you aren't. There are lots of times us posters don't agree with one another. Topics can get very heated, but as long as you are sticking to the argument and not attackig someone's character then it is fine.

Negative rep'ing someone because they would like the team to lose and get a higher draft pick is Bush League. Saying something that is hurtful about them because of it is just low.

What if the difference between winning and losing is that one player that turns everything around? You think the team isn't kicking themselves because A.P. was taken one spot ahead of us...with which we picked Okoye?

Perhaps you aren't. There are lots of times us posters don't agree with one another. Topics can get very heated, but as long as you are sticking to the argument and not attackig someone's character then it is fine.

Negative rep'ing someone because they would like the team to lose and get a higher draft pick is Bush League. Saying something that is hurtful about them because of it is just low.

What if the difference between winning and losing is that one player that turns everything around? You think the team isn't kicking themselves because A.P. was taken one spot ahead of us...with which we picked Okoye?

I downdinged him because he falsely presented my thoughts, not because he was rooting against the team.

^^^^^

This is BS

For the record I'm rooting for the Texans to win today. But wont be suprised if they lose.

Why is it that fans like you cant seem to admit that as far as W/L's go the Smithiak era has been a failure?

I sure hope I'm wrong and Uncle BoB doesn't agree with you.

That's what I dinged down. I've said (even once or twice directly to him, I'm pretty sure) many times that I don't really want Kubiak around, and haven't for a while now. I'm sick of being lumped into "those who think the Smithiak Era hasn't been a failure" just because I'm not going to bust balls about him and the coaching staff with every single post or thread I make. THATS why I dinged him down. Not because he disagreed with me.

And yeah it might be low to say that I think it reflects poorly on someone's character to wish for the team they root for to lose, but I think it's just as low to root for your team to lose. Oh well.

And meh @ the draft. It's all a crapshoot. We could have taken Willis (went #11) but we went with Okoye (#10). Peterson was 2 spots ahead of us.

tl;dr

It cures everything.

^^It does, sir. It does.

I downdinged him because he falsely presented my thoughts, not because he was rooting against the team.

That's what I dinged down. I've said (even once or twice directly to him, I'm pretty sure) many times that I don't really want Kubiak around, and haven't for a while now. I'm sick of being lumped into "those who think the Smithiak Era hasn't been a failure" just because I'm not going to bust balls about him and the coaching staff with every single post or thread I make. THATS why I dinged him down. Not because he disagreed with me.

And yeah it might be low to say that I think it reflects poorly on someone's character to wish for the team they root for to lose, but I think it's just as low to root for your team to lose. Oh well.

And meh @ the draft. It's all a crapshoot. We could have taken Willis (went #11) but we went with Okoye (#10). Peterson was 2 spots ahead of us.

And this is exactly what I'm talking about. Lighten the hell up. What he posted did not deserve a neg rep. If you disagreed, give him some positive rep, but explain your disagreement in the comment and move on. Seems like you hold onto things for too long and try to get back at people by neg repping. As if that does anything in real life, but it's annoying to see on the forums where most people just come to vent and relax.

As for this:

It's pretty stupid to question someone's character because they want their team to lose a few meaningless games to get a better draft pick and a new GM/Coach regime. What do the Texans gain for winning this last game? A worse draft selection? Possibility Kubiak can stay again (though I HIGHLY doubt he comes back now)? Pride? That pride left the game after Andre fought Innegan. Should people question your character as a human being because you want your team to win, thus giving them a lower draft position (so less of a chance at getting a better player to help the team)?

Whatever, bro. You have your way of thinking about things, and I have my way. If people want to think poorly of me for wanting to WIN no matter WHAT, then that's fine.

I don't try to "get back" at people by dinging them down. I'm utilizing the function because its there. It's not some sort of twisted revenge, lol. And earlier, someone said "nice to know who's judge and jury of the mind". Well, I'm sure glad that we now know who decides what is worthy of a "neg-rep" and what isnt. Take a bit of your own advice then. It's just a message board, not that serious. You guys tout around the "OMG he neg-repped me, lmfao" crap way too much.

Whatever, bro. You have your way of thinking about things, and I have my way. If people want to think poorly of me for wanting to WIN no matter WHAT, then that's fine.

I don't try to "get back" at people by dinging them down. I'm utilizing the function because its there. It's not some sort of twisted revenge, lol. And earlier, someone said "nice to know who's judge and jury of the mind". Well, I'm sure glad that we now know who decides what is worthy of a "neg-rep" and what isnt. Take a bit of your own advice then. It's just a message board, not that serious. You guys tout around the "OMG he neg-repped me, lmfao" crap way too much.

Just because the function is there doesn't mean it's a good idea to use it.

When people disagree around here, they usually say so. Usually, the people that hand out neg rep are the people that take **** way too personal.

Just because the function is there doesn't mean it's a good idea to use it.

When people disagree around here, they usually say so. Usually, the people that hand out neg rep are the people that take **** way too personal.

I guess that's "usually". I'm a pretty unusual fellow. Didn't say when I signed up that the function isn't to be used, and if it is, do so in a certain way. I definitely say why I disagree anyway. It's, like I said, when words get twisted and ideas get misrepresented that I'll dish out the downdings. Ain't nothing personal here, dont get confused.

^^It does, sir. It does.

And this is exactly what I'm talking about. Lighten the hell up. What he posted did not deserve a neg rep. If you disagreed, give him some positive rep, but explain your disagreement in the comment and move on. Seems like you hold onto things for too long and try to get back at people by neg repping. As if that does anything in real life, but it's annoying to see on the forums where most people just come to vent and relax.

As for this:

It's pretty stupid to question someone's character because they want their team to lose a few meaningless games to get a better draft pick and a new GM/Coach regime. What do the Texans gain for winning this last game? A worse draft selection? Possibility Kubiak can stay again (though I HIGHLY doubt he comes back now)? Pride? That pride left the game after Andre fought Innegan. Should people question your character as a human being because you want your team to win, thus giving them a lower draft position (so less of a chance at getting a better player to help the team)?

Your avatar is pink.
jay2.gif

At this point in the season, under these circumstances, I dont want a W. I want a new coaching staff and a top CB in the 2011 draft.

Some will think my comments say I am not a "true fan" whatever that is, but that is silly. I am just looking towards the future of this franchise.

At this point in the season, under these circumstances, I dont want a W. I want a new coaching staff and a top CB in the 2011 draft.

Some will think my comments say I am not a "true fan" whatever that is, but that is silly. I am just looking towards the future of this franchise.

I expect the Texans to whip the jaguars ass and knock them out of any hope of getting to the playoffs, it is what we do.

I want a win, but I am conflicted right now with this last game. right now if I recall, we are picking 8th and if we lose, we could go up a few spots, if we win we could drop to 12th or 14th.

is the 8th pick good enough to get one of the top CB's coming out or an impact player? how much would we need to trade to move up from 12th or 14th (I don't want to see picks disappear we need them all)

Should we showcase Dan O for some gamefilm for the new coach coming in and see if Dan worth the money as a back up?

Show me where you said anything of the sorts. You dinged me over something you're pretty sure of. I'm pretty sure you're angry and not getting enough POONTANG and anybody that carries themselves the way you present youself on this MB should not be suprised by the lack of POONTANG in their life. (Atleast I'm pretty sure)

Show me where you said anything of the sorts. You dinged me over something you're pretty sure of. I'm pretty sure you're angry and not getting enough POONTANG and anybody that carries themselves the way you present youself on this MB should not be suprised by the lack of POONTANG in their life. (Atleast I'm pretty sure)

lmao, so you're now going to insult me about something you have no idea about? REALLY dude? That's like, Lame Internet Tactic #1. Oh, the guy comes across with an edge, obviously he doesn't get laid enough! LMFAO. Jesus CHRIST man.

I'm not going to sit here and link you to all the instances of me saying I haven't wanted Kubiak around since last year, and that you guys would know that if I were a member of the board since that time. Go look through my prior posts if you care that much.

http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/showpost.php?p=1614231&postcount=33

This was one post of mine, directed at you a WEEK ago. Nice memory you have. And in looking for that specific post from a week ago, I came across a couple other instances of me mentioning the same thing to others, and that's just in the last week.

I expect the Texans to whip the jaguars ass and knock them out of any hope of getting to the playoffs, it is what we do.

I want a win, but I am conflicted right now with this last game. right now if I recall, we are picking 8th and if we lose, we could go up a few spots, if we win we could drop to 12th or 14th.

is the 8th pick good enough to get one of the top CB's coming out or an impact player? how much would we need to trade to move up from 12th or 14th (I don't want to see picks disappear we need them all)

Should we showcase Dan O for some gamefilm for the new coach coming in and see if Dan worth the money as a back up?

I've been following the folks in the draft section and many if not most want a top flight CB or a space eating tackle. If this staff is still in place is there ANY chance they draft a CB. Wouldn't that be like admitting they made a mistake. I see too much ego in the GM chair and also in the HC position. Am I way off base here???

I've been following the folks in the draft section and many if not most want a top flight CB or a space eating tackle. If this staff is still in place is there ANY chance they draft a CB. Wouldn't that be like admitting they made a mistake. I see too much ego in the GM chair and also in the HC position. Am I way off base here???

You make a valid point. Nobody can say for certain who this staff would draft, vs. a new staff. I dont believe either staff could count out a secondary player with their first selection.

I dont think it would be admitting that they made a mistake because it never hurts to have multiple talented cornerbacks. Teams double dip at that position all the time. Especially since there can be up to 5 DB's on a certain play from time to time. We are seeing alot more spread offenses. 5 wide and so on.

You make a valid point. Nobody can say for certain who this staff would draft, vs. a new staff. I dont believe either staff could count out a secondary player with their first selection.

I dont think it would be admitting that they made a mistake because it never hurts to have multiple talented cornerbacks. Teams double dip at that position all the time. Especially since there can be up to 5 DB's on a certain play from time to time. We are seeing alot more spread offenses. 5 wide and so on.

Good to hear. Then there's still hope!

Back