Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Broncos' Orton labels Titans defense 'cheap' in Broncos' win

Finnegan was also saying how happy he was that their d coordinator was flicking the bird to the refs. The guy is becoming a joke of a player. Gets beat constantly and talks a big game that he can't back up

i've never liked this dude. He reminds me of the little punks on b-ball courts that talk major smack about your game from the sideline & everyone knows he's trash.

Part of the reason why I've been asking for wholesale coaching changes for the last 3 years.

There is no chance in hell this team will ever win with Jeff Fisher as HC - I too believe the Titans are a cheap team (something clearly the coaches have let happen culture-wise), every game they are in at least 4 or 5 melees and I've come to realize that at some point, its not them, its you.

I believe every team needs one dirty player to be an enforcer (Jarred Allen, Albert Haynesworth, etc) but Finnegan is such a *****.

Many opponents consider our own Bernard Pollard to be dirty, but he usually takes care of business with legal hits, not a random melee

Part of the reason why I've been asking for wholesale coaching changes for the last 3 years.

There is no chance in hell this team will ever win with Jeff Fisher as HC - I too believe the Titans are a cheap team (something clearly the coaches have let happen culture-wise), every game they are in at least 4 or 5 melees and I've come to realize that at some point, its not them, its you.

Toronto, you just personally need a franchise change. Don't stop at the HC. It starts from the top and who knows when that will change.

You just need to come back to your roots as a NFL fan. Come back to "Gawd's country" and you will be fine. Us Houston fans will accept back with little questions asked.

Reactions: JB
Toronto, you just personally need a franchise change. Don't stop at the HC. It starts from the top and who knows when that will change.

You just need to come back to your roots as a NFL fan. Come back to "Gawd's country" and you will be fine.

:goodpost: That's right Hook-em! He needs to leave the Tinnbreds and become a proud member of the best fanbase in the world!

Even though a bunch of the complainers after this latest win makes me question that a little bit...

Thread derailment:

Former Texan Jason Babin has 19 tackles, 4 sacks, and 1 forced fumble so far. Not bad IMO...

Fact

Vince Young Sucks

That is all...

You just need to come back to your roots as a NFL fan. Come back to "Gawd's country" and you will be fine. Us Houston fans will accept back with little questions asked.

This Toronto ^^^^^^^, this ^^^^^^!!

i've never liked this dude. He reminds me of the little punks on b-ball courts that talk major smack about your game from the sideline & everyone knows he's trash.

Dude we have been through this before. I told you I sprained my ankle earlier that day, and your game WAS trash. I would have crossed you over so bad, if it wasn't for my ankle you know...

:stirpot:

That fake-ass Irishman is such a cheap shottin' sumbitch! Remember the punches to Steve Slaton. Remember him riding AJ's back into the ground... I agree with Tailgate, he is AJ's beyotch!!

Yeah, we had them too. The guy that would always call a foul on you if you so much as touched him........after his shot missed. Then wondered why the physical play with an innocent look...lol. Also a hard fouler and never agreed he fouled.

That fake-ass Irishman is such a cheap shottin' sumbitch! Remember the punches to Steve Slaton. Remember him riding AJ's back into the ground... I agree with Tailgate, he is AJ's beyotch!!

This. ^

---------------

Come on back to the real world Toronto, we'll leave the light on for ya. :gamer:

I disagree with your last sentence. If you are judging him based off his performance against AJ, then yea. AJ is the best in the game. Finnegan does very well and is a very good CB. Or maybe our definitions of "constantly" is different?

I can't refute that he's a dirty player, and I can't say I don't like it. Its purely one of those "he's my guy, so I think it's ok" situations. I always hated Rodney Harrison because of how dirty he was. Hines Ward is my guy, though, I don't think he's dirty.

Finnegan aspires to be more like Ward

“It’s a compliment. That’s absolutely a compliment,” Finnegan said. “He was voted the league’s dirtiest player, so you’ve got to give it up for him. For someone to say something as nice as that, I appreciate it. I’m number [six] right now, but I’m aspiring to one day hopefully be No. 1. So, I appreciate it.”

Read the rest...

And Toronto, this is not the reason Fisher will never win a Super Bowl. That would be solely blamed on his stubbornness.

I agree with you , if you harken back to the brawl on the sidelines against us last year. It was sparked after Cortie "andre humper" Finnegan decided to jump on Andre's back provoking the normally stoic johnson to get in his face. The Texans were sparked by that and the momentum continued in the Texans direction when Bullock cheap shotted DA on the sidelines and the team led by Jacoby Jones came together to beat them down. When I saw Eric Winston having to be pulled off of KVB I said to myself...hmmm we have a football team. It was at that moment the team came together as a cohesive unit and that maturation seems to have carried on to this years team's desire to take the division from those who have pushed them around in the past.

If the media thinks the Titans are dirty now...wait until they play the Texans, a team they dont like and Cortie has an inferiority complex against, then they will have the evidence they need to come to the conclusion we have for years, the Titans are a dirty cheap shotting team with low class on and off the field.

I am sorry to say it like that toronto, but I think Jeff Fisher's class has been overcome by the owners crass.

Even though a bunch of the complainers after this latest win makes me question that a little bit...

Look, I'm sorry about that thread. I was hungry, I was frustrated by ten straight Oakland points and I had to give up beer for the previous two weeks to help fit a backpacking trip into my budget. I won't do it again, I promise.

Look, I'm sorry about that thread. I was hungry, I was frustrated by ten straight Oakland points and I had to give up beer for the previous two weeks to help fit a backpacking trip into my budget. I won't do it again, I promise.

OH MY! That's just brutal right there. I understand completely now. By all means have SEVERAL cold ones! :D

Should the Broncos really be able to call anyone dirty?

Or have they cleaned up their "Intentionally trying to injure opponents" ways under McDaniels?

I have to wonder if Fisher's status on the NFL's Competition Committee influences his decisions as it relates to dirty play and cheap shots. He's obviously either coaching this type of behavior and/or o.k. with his other coaches teaching it, so I have to question his judgment on such an important league committee.

Breaking News: The Titans are and have been a dirty tactic using team.

Further Breaking of News: They learned it somewhere, possibly from someone, possibly from someone who might be a teacher of sorts, even if he's a good coach it just might be okay to say his name in relation to lots of players being known as dirty.....might.

:whispers: Jeff Fisher...

No worries man. You were not the only one, nor the worst.

Should the Broncos really be able to call anyone dirty?

Or have they cleaned up their "Intentionally trying to injure opponents" ways under McDaniels?

You got something to back up a statement like this or are you just pulling it out.....

Everyone is pointing to Fisher, however what about Bud Adams? You don't think he endorses this type of garbage? Just look at the history of the team. It goes way beyond Jeff Fisher. When have the Oilers/Titans even been a team known for discipline? Even under Bum they weren't a very disciplined team. Jerry Glanville ... lol? Jack Pardee just stood and watched. I am not real sure what he did and he surely didn't do much during that Buddy Ryan/Gilbride fiasco. Fisher obviously isn't much better.

As a fan the antics were sometimes funny and we laughed them off like Titans fans are doing now. However when you look back it's no wonder they never won anything. Face it, that organization has always been a 3 ring circus. Like I said in that previous post there has always been a lack of professionalism and class within that entire organization. That crap just makes the other teams want to beat the snot out of you.

Remember 61-7 vs the Bengals? Remember what led up to that? Fast forward years later and they still have no class (of course it is easier to see when you no longer wear the blinders of a fan). Did they do themselves any favors with that stupid Terrible Towel stunt? Don't think so since the Steelers have kicked the snot out of them every time they have played since.

Like I said sheet runs down hill and it starts from the top. I was starting to think Bud mellowed out in his ancient years however he proved me wrong with that middle finger stunt last season. Sure he may not be around long however isn't that team going to stay within his family? You really have to wonder what kind of offspring he has brought into this earth since the apple doesn't normally fall far from the tree.

Everyone is pointing to Fisher, however what about Bud Adams?

You know that I agree with you completely.

That being said, Darth Sidious (The Emperor) had several apprentices working for him over time: Darth Maul, Darth Tyranus (Count Dooku), and then Darth Vader.

Fisher is just the most recent Sith working for the dark lord of evil. :hothboy:

You know that I agree with you completely.

That being said, Darth Sidious (The Emperor) had several apprentices working for him over time: Darth Maul, Darth Tyranus (Count Dooku), and then Darth Vader.

Fisher is just the most recent Sith working for the dark lord of evil. :hothboy:

Does that mean that Fisher will throw Adams down a pit that is inexplicably placed in Adams' throne room? Because I'd like to see that.

Last edited:
Everyone is pointing to Fisher, however what about Bud Adams? You don't think he endorses this type of garbage? Just look at the history of the team. It goes way beyond Jeff Fisher. When have the Oilers/Titans even been a team known for discipline? Even under Bum they weren't a very disciplined team. Jerry Glanville ... lol? Jack Pardee just stood and watched. I am not real sure what he did and he surely didn't do much during that Buddy Ryan/Gilbride fiasco. Fisher obviously isn't much better.

As a fan the antics were sometimes funny and we laughed them off like Titans fans are doing now. However when you look back it's no wonder they never won anything. Face it, that organization has always been a 3 ring circus. Like I said in that previous post there has always been a lack of professionalism and class within that entire organization. That crap just makes the other teams want to beat the snot out of you.

Remember 61-7 vs the Bengals? Remember what led up to that? Fast forward years later and they still have no class (of course it is easier to see when you no longer wear the blinders of a fan). Did they do themselves any favors with that stupid Terrible Towel stunt? Don't think so since the Steelers have kicked the snot out of them every time they have played since.

Like I said sheet runs down hill and it starts from the top. I was starting to think Bud mellowed out in his ancient years however he proved me wrong with that middle finger stunt last season. Sure he may not be around long however isn't that team going to stay within his family? You really have to wonder what kind of offspring he has brought into this earth since the apple doesn't normally fall far from the tree.

Awesome post!:bravo:

You got something to back up a statement like this or are you just pulling it out.....

Its called the Mike Shanahan era.

They o-line was taught how to exploit the rule book to go after an opponent's knees while they were engaged in a block. Release 1-10th of a second before he is cut and its legal. It got so bad that they went after the injured knees of linemen on QB spikes and kneel-downs.

Igor Olsansky got booted out of a game because a Bronco went for his surgically repaired knee on a spike, which prompted him to punch the Bronco in the head.

Trying to spear opponents in the knees and balls sounds pretty dirty to me.

Its called the Mike Shanahan era.

They o-line was taught how to exploit the rule book to go after an opponent's knees while they were engaged in a block. Release 1-10th of a second before he is cut and its legal. It got so bad that they went after the injured knees of linemen on QB spikes and kneel-downs.

Igor Olsansky got booted out of a game because a Bronco went for his surgically repaired knee on a spike, which prompted him to punch the Bronco in the head.

Trying to spear opponents in the knees and balls sounds pretty dirty to me.

That's total bs. That was Alex Gibbs teaching the Zone blocking scheme that he taught here. Are you saying the Texans are a dirty team?

I know that there was some calling it dirty when it was first put in place, but the NFL disagreed. Your opinions are fine with you I guess, but their wrong.

That's total bs. That was Alex Gibbs teaching the Zone blocking scheme that he taught here. Are you saying the Texans are a dirty team?

I know that there was some calling it dirty when it was first put in place, but the NFL disagreed. Your opinions are fine with you I guess, but their wrong.

By the time it got here, the NFL had neutered it. The "move at the last second and let your team mate spear the defenseless knee" was cracked down on. Our scheme had little in common with the late 1990s Broncos in that reguard.

By the time it got here, the NFL had neutered it. The "move at the last second and let your team mate spear the defenseless knee" was cracked down on. Our scheme had little in common with the late 1990s Broncos in that reguard.

Not to be offensive but you remember this detail from when you were six or do you have a source you are relying on?

Not to be offensive but you remember this detail from when you were six or do you have a source you are relying on?

It is a memory thing, but I thought they put in new rules before Gibbs came here. There was plenty of discussions on this board about it as well.

It is a memory thing, but I thought they put in new rules before Gibbs came here. There was plenty of discussions on this board about it as well.

The discussions I remember around here were (1) would they install the full system with cutblocks and (2) were cutblocks cheap shots. I recall nothing about the NFL changing any rules.

The discussions I remember around here were (1) would they install the full system with cutblocks and (2) were cutblocks cheap shots. I recall nothing about the NFL changing any rules.

Funny looking back on it now how that was a big story but absolutely nothing negative (other than our running game last year) has come from it.

Back