"Broncos caught up in NFL probe of videotaping"

Discussion in 'The National Football League' started by IDEXAN, Nov 27, 2010.

1. IDEXAN

IDEXAN Hall of Fame

ENGLEWOOD, Colo. — The Denver Broncos have placed their director of video operations on leave while the NFL investigates whether the team broke league rules by filming the San Francisco 49ers' walkthrough in London last month.

The Broncos confirmed a report in the Denver Post on Saturday, telling The Associated Press that Steve Scarnecchia is on a "personal leave of absence."

Scarnecchia and Broncos coach Josh McDaniels previously worked for the New England Patriots, who were found to have videotaped New York Jets coaches sending in signals during a game four years ago. The NFL bans such videotaping, and issued $750,000 in fines against the Patriots and coach Bill Belichick.

The league did not immediately reply to an email from the AP.
    http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/sports/fb/texansfront/7313396.html
    What a coincidence ? Broncos HC use to work for Belichick, right ?

2. Dutchrudder

Dutchrudder COOL BEANS!

Sucks for them. They might lose their 1st round pick like the Pats did, and that is looking to be a top 5 selection.

3. Carr Bombed

Carr Bombed Hall of Fame

LMAO....McDummy strikes again. :)

That said though.....he is a fantastic young offensive mind. The guy is a jackass, but you cannot ignore what he's been able to do without Jay Cutler (who everybody felt was a bonafide franchise QB) and Brandon Marshall (a BEAST)... He picked up Kyle "neck beard" Orton (who's probably now the most underrated player in the NFL) and career castoff Brandon Lloyd and hasn't really skipped a beat production wise. You also have to remember what he did with Matt Cassel when Tom Brady had that knee injury. I actually think McDaniels is a better developer of offensive talent than Gary Kubiak....especially with QBs.

The guy knows the Patriots plug and play system... I think if he's fired, we should consider him for a offensive coordinator position. I think Josh McDaniel's biggest problem was his youth and immaturity. His players didn't buy into him and it's been downhill ever since. I do think that later on he can still become a great head coach.......he just needs more seasoning, honestly he should've stayed with Belichick a few more seasons.

Oh yeah, but never let McDaniels anywhere near the draft room.....Tim Tebow. :spin:

4. STEEL BLUE TEXANS

STEEL BLUE TEXANS Hall of Fame

Orton gets a lot of his yards when the Broncos are down by more than 2 scores. Nothing impressive there.

http://forums.denverbroncos.com/showthread.php?t=177590

5. gary

gary Hall of Fame

He has also made a few WTF trades.

6. Carr Bombed

Carr Bombed Hall of Fame

Alot of QBs get their yards when they're down by more than one score.....that's not out of the ordinary. I wonder how many of Schaub's passing yards have come from when we were trailing? Orton has NOT been the problem in Denver....he's actually one of the few bright spots for that team.

What McDaniels has been able to do with Orton is impressive....especially if you remember what type of QB Orton was when he was in Chicago. Kyle Orton has been better than Cutler since the trade. Denver's problem is they have no running game and the offensive line isn't very good.

7. STEEL BLUE TEXANS

STEEL BLUE TEXANS Hall of Fame

Those stats are for when the Broncos are down by more than 16 points, not 1 score. Like in the game recently against SD when they were down 35-7 and getting blown out by the Raiders 59-14. Ask Bears and Broncos fans which QB they would rather have.

8. thunderkyss

thunderkyss Salem Poor

9. hookinreds

hookinreds Hall of Fame

But he didn't inhale...errrrrr watch.