Keep Texans Talk Google Ad Free!
Venmo Tip Jar | Paypal Tip Jar
Thanks for your support! 🍺😎👍

Bring the PAYNE!!!!!!

Tailgate

Fall of Hame
Does anyone remember how good our defense was in 2002? How about early last year right up to when Seth got knocked out for the season in the Saints game??

I was wondering why our defense was getting ripped early this season....but its obvious things are starting to change.

I am starting to think that this team truly has a chance for greatness the reast of the year. My reasoning behind this is the fact that Payne is starting to come back into his old form. Without that guy full force... we are an avg to below avg defense. With him we are something to be wreckoned with. Couple that with an above avg. offense..... hmm......no, its too early to think playoffs?

Our D-line faces a good test this week against the run happy Broncos....so lets see how it goes this week. But confidence is high... I repeat confidence is high.

GO TEXANS!!!! :headbang:

I loved that choke slam sack he put on Leftwich yesterday. He certainly is a pressuring NT, and he's still not a 100% yet. Wait till he's fully healthy and than you will really see what he can do along with Walker and Smith. I'm starting to feel good about our DEFENSE! :headbang:

Payne blew up the pocket, had a deep push into the Jags backfield and owned the Jaguar Center for the entire game. I noticed they changed their protection in the second half because he was getting so much penetration.

i'm glad we got Robinson ,,,it already looks to me like he's becoming a shut down corner in the league,,and look forward to him and Babin playing here for many more years to come !

TexansTrueFan said:
i'm glad we got Robinson ,,,it already looks to me like he's becoming a shut down corner in the league,,and look forward to him and Babin playing here for many more years to come !

I totally agree! I was a bit hesitant on Robinson and jealous of Atlanta's D. Hall at the same time. But man is he making me pleasantly suprised these days! It definitely helps to be tuitored by one of the games greatest CB's and have an improving defensive line to force some errant throws!!!

Robinson is going to be great :).. hes a physical CB.. and you need that in todays NFL. His size definatly hides alot of power. And he is getting cocky now too :).. i saw him talking smack to the jag WRs quite a bit this sunday.. hehe i loved that.

not only robinson looking good,,,kenny wright looked good last year,,demarcus faggins,,,glen earl,,, only thing we dont have much depth at to help us in the future is the d-line,,most of our linebackers are pretty young and should be around for a while, but the secondary looks to be good even when A. Glenn retires ! A lot of bright things to look forward too on defense !

Back