Brian's 1-7 texans mock

Discussion in 'College Football & the NFL Draft' started by hot pickle, Feb 27, 2007.

1. hot pickle

hot pickle Canada Eh

1. Levi Brown-LT
    2. Brandon Merriweather-S
    3. Kevin Kolb-QB
    4. Tim Crowder-DE
    4. Justin Medlock-K
    5. Ramonce Taylor-RB
    6. Jacoby Jones-WR
    7. George Batiste-OG

My First Ever Mock

2. HuttoKarl

HuttoKarl Hall of Fame

I actually really like it.

3. YoungTexanFan

YoungTexanFan Hall of Fame

We only got an extra 4th for trading down to where Levi will be picked?

Also, why the f'ing hell does everyone insist on f'ing Kolb? Take him out, it makes your mock garbage. Also, no PK will be drafted by us in the 4th. That is stupid. The rest looks decent I guess.

4. beerlover

beerlover Site Contributor

if not Kolb, why? who do you suggest to develop as the future QB of the Texans? or do you want to spend another 1st rd. pick (Quinn) on a QB?

personally I have no problem with drafting Kolb in the 3rd rd. I don't think Kubiak does either...if hes still there :aikido:

5. kastofsna

kastofsna Hall of Fame

lol why does kolb make a mock garbage?

6. YoungTexanFan

YoungTexanFan Hall of Fame

I don't have any QB I think would really excell that is worth his draft position to our team. This year's QB's all suck hard. This just isn't a good year to pick out our future franchise. It's like a few years ago with Alex Smith and Rogers. Neither one really stood out as elite. And I don't see any QB that I would consider a BPA type in any round before the 6th or so. I'm also sick of seeing Kolb being given to us by every freaking mock. He doesn't fit with our team and he's run the same system for at least the past 8 years.

7. texans83

texans83 All Pro

I agree I dont think we should get Kolb, he has been running the same system for the last 8yrs and im not sure if he is over rated or not. I think kolb could eventually be a back up some where but not a starter.

8. htownfoozball

htownfoozball Veteran

if kevin kolb didnt play at houston, would everyone still pick him? i think everyone is going through the vince young complex where you wanna pick every hometown qb from now on.

9. beerlover

last year was the motherload & we passed :shades: makes me think you draft a QB when you really need one & do we ever need one.

Alex Smith/Aaron Rodgers 2005.
    David Carr/Joey Harrington 2002.

this is not a bpa scenero this is need, no one is saying Kolb is the best player available what we are saying he is the highest need player available that can do the type of things Kubiak wants from that position.

10. kastofsna

kastofsna Hall of Fame

kolb is a top 5 QB prospect. he fits the texans' offense fairly well actually. put him on the bench, teach him the ways of a pro-style offense....why not?

11. HuttoKarl

HuttoKarl Hall of Fame

Let's mock with all Texans...hey, that's our name right?:

1. Chris Houston CB (he's from Austin, so that counts)
    2. Michael Griffin FS
    3. Kevin Kolb QB
    4. Kasey Studdard OG
    5. Jarrett Hicks WR
    6. Daniel Sepulveda P
    7. Selvin Young RB

There. Sorry I didn't include any Aggies. I got Kolb and Hicks and Sepulveda though. Enjoy.

12. run-david-run

run-david-run Hall of Fame

Crowder will proably be gone mid 2nd, early 3rd round.

13. beerlover

that makes it a even better pick if he is there than does'nt it....the defensive end position is deep this year. several if they fall to the 4th I would consider Lamarr Woodley, Anthony Spencer, Justin Hickman, Jay Moore, Dan Bazruin just to name a few along with Crowder.

14. texans83

texans83 All Pro

I agree 100%. I read that he had a great interview session with the houston texans and that he felt they were interested. I just dont know about him. The guy dsent look on shape and what happens when he gets hit, we all know thats going to happen. Is he tough enough to get back up?

15. Reddevil63

Reddevil63 Hall of Fame

Hmmm mobile, accurate QB who excelled in a system of short to intermediate passes.. ya your right, that doesnt sound like Kubes system at all :rolleyes:

16. real

real Guest

Kolb is a pretty good QB. I like Kolb a lot actually. I think that with a Coach like Kubiak Kolb could turn into a good to great player. I hope we do draft Kolb in the third or fourth.

17. beerlover

theres a couple links by McClain from the chron. check top left corner click on the beautiful Anna-Megan nerd look pic also Justice/McClain link http://www.chron.com/

18. Xman

Xman Veteran

Ramonce shouldn't be drafted after his slow 40 time.

Kolb is worth a 3rd round pick (and I think he will be ther for us despite rumors that he goes earlier). As far as the Kolb hype, it is easier to hype a player you have seen play for 4 years - not just once or twice on tv.
    My scouting report on Kolb:
    Pocket Presence: As a freshman, he looked like a pro. He slid a little after that but bounced back as a senior. Overall, one of the best at feeling the pressure coming out in a long while.
    Arm Strength: Solid. He can throw a deep ball with accuracy and timing. But, he has not shown the ability to throw the "fastball" across the middle.
    Ability to make multiple reads (the one thing Carr can't do - which, until ths last year, we blamed on the OL): Kolb can make the reads and check off. The system required t and he has really gotten good at it.
    Release: Slow. Will need work.

Biggest Weaknesses:
    1) timing over the middle: This was weak during his junior year. It was not a noticable problem his senior year, but the team had a tendency to work the sidelines which left the middle open when he did go inside.
    2) lack of risk: after reviewing game film, Kolb decided that hs interceptions were losing games. So, his senior year, he took fewer risks. His 30 Tds to only 4 Ints looks great and helped the team win. But, there were a few times that he should have taken more risks and counted on his arm to make it happen.
    3) Release is an issue. Needs to be faster.

Biggest Strengths:
    1) The deep ball: Wonderful timing going deep.
    2) Leadership: He is a leader.

19. HuttoKarl

HuttoKarl Hall of Fame

McClain is such a fat slob. Get that guy some slim fast, a Men's Wearhouse gift card and a haircut.

20. texans83

texans83 All Pro

I think he will go somewhere in the 3rd. If anything he will have to sit for itleast 2yrs and bulk up and get his release faster and build up his arm strength so he can throw the deep outs of posts.