Brian Mitchell a Houston Texan?

Discussion in 'Texans Talk' started by HoustonTexansAreTheBest, Aug 16, 2004.

1. HoustonTexansAreTheBest

HoustonTexansAreTheBest Veteran

Washington Post (Warning: You have to register)

2. infantrycak

infantrycak Mod. Staff Member

Brian Mitchell lost to JJ on both KR&PR's last year--what is the benefit?

3. Vinny

Vinny shiny happy fan Staff Member

Casserly originally drafted Brian Mitchell back when he was with the Skins so there is a connection there. Casserly considers him one of the greatest players ever to return kicks. I don't see us signing him but it doesn't hurt to see if he has anything left and will play for the min salary I guess.

4. Blake

Blake MMQB

I havent seen anything from brian in a looong time. Go with youth, and go with Duff.

5. TheOgre

TheOgre Hall of Fame

Mitchell was awesome when he was with the Skins. He has been decent the past few years until 2003. Last year he was just plain bad. He needs to sign with the Redskins and promptly retire, like Beuerlein did with the Panthers.

6. Carr Bombed

Carr Bombed Hall of Fame

I think theres a better chance he ends up in Miami they are in desperate need in anybody who can run the ball

7. V Man

V Man Pumpkinhead

He wpould be a great pick up, you can never have too many speciality coaches. He are talking about him coaching right, he is too old to still be playing and it is hard to field a fair catch with a cane. :hehe:

8. BigDTexansFan

BigDTexansFan All Pro

I have nothing against him just think why go with someone (even at league minimum) when you have someone who can do job, what if you need to cut a player should an injury occurs that forces you to sign a player...you got a 36 YO guy who only plays 1 phase of game ST :twocents:

9. Ediddy73

Ediddy73 Veteran

as opposed to JJ "25 yards and I'm spent " Moses who plays...oh, yes...only one phase of the game, ST, and rather average I might add. If Mitchell can run 40 yards without getting his *** stomped by a punter he is already better than Moses, I don't care if he is 46.

10. Blake

Blake MMQB

We are not a retirement home like the raiders. he needs to keep walking to green bay.

11. BornOrange

BornOrange All Pro

Moses is definitely better than Mitchell right now. If the Mitchell of 10 years ago was available, that would be a completely different story.

12. El Tejano

El Tejano Hall of Fame

I think it wouldn't be a bad idea to pass on Mitchell. I know alot of people blame Moses for the lack of a return game but I believe he also got kicked away from alot last year. I also believe that with better athletes than the expansion ones we had even just last year, we should do alot better with whoever wins the PR-KR job.

13. infantrycak

infantrycak Mod. Staff Member

It would be pretty silly to blame Moses for the lack of a return game since he was in the top third of KR's last year. Yes he was in the bottom third of PR's, but he never put the ball on the ground either. IMO if this battle comes down to return duties, the Texans pick JJ. If someone can show up as a legitimate player other than on returns, then and only then is JJ in trouble.