Brian Gaine Thread

Discussion in 'Texans Talk' started by Mangler, Jan 17, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mr teX

Mr teX Hall of Fame

Like hell. The pats don't shell out big money for ANYONE..nor do they aggressively go after guys. Brady being perenially underpaid the last 20 years speaks to that. What they do is capitalize on their success over the last 20 years by propositioning guys & pick up guys who have been effectively left for dead by other franchises...Belichick is a thrifty shopper in this regard. "look, we think you'll be a great fit here & if you want to win a championship, here's what we're offering.." What it also does is effectively weed out guys who are looking for the big pay days & only bring in those that want to win. But it ONLY works b/c they keep winning.

2. thunderkyss

thunderkyss MVP

Until we learn to coach like the best, we'll continue to waste draft picks, FAs, trades, etc...

3. JB

JB Old Curmudgeon

Like BB has never wasted draft picks? Get out!

4. dream_team

dream_team Hall of Fame

Pats are notorious for being cheap. They cut ties with their star players that have contracts about to end and are due for a big pay raise.

But of course, SteelB will say can't use the Pats as an example, they're an anomaly. Lol

Mr teX likes this.
  5. beerlover

beerlover Site Contributor

I suppose if perfect, they would have won every Super Bowl in BB era.

6. steelbtexan

steelbtexan Hall of Fame

I'm fully aware of what the Pats do. Even though they will spend big money on certain guys Gilmore comes to mind.

That's why I called the Pats an anomaly.

The other successful teams do business the way I would like the Texans to do business. The Eagles should be the template.

OptimisticTexan likes this.
  7. steelbtexan

steelbtexan Hall of Fame

Having GOAT's as HC/QB doesn't make them an anomaly? IYO

8. JB

JB Old Curmudgeon

Who said anything about perfect?

9. Dejaview

Dejaview Veteran

Don’t understand psycho.

10. thunderkyss

thunderkyss MVP

Good coaching + good talent... that's all I'm saying. I thought that's where we all wanted to be.

11. beerlover

Patriots don’t waste picks they grow picks. Simple plan, seems to work for them, yet nobody has caught on or caught up. Even this year they had like 10 picks, you expect all 10 to make a Super Bowl roster, otherwise they’re wasted? Give me a break.

Texans make a big deal having a first and two seconds, yet total of only seven picks yet got knocked out hard, in first playoff game. Lol

12. infantrycak

infantrycak Admin & Mod Staff Member

They trade back a lot and they game the compensatory picks hard. They are projected to get a 3rd & 2 6ths next year. Now I wouldn't say BB is a draft wizard on the picks themselves.

Texansballer74 likes this.
  13. beerlover

Yet he pretty much is a wizard :forrest:

14. steelbtexan

steelbtexan Hall of Fame

Psycho in your world is questioning after 17 yrs ownerships commitment to bring a championship?

I'm going to continue giving my thoughts on the franchise and if I were you and you think I'm psycho, I would stop responding to my posts if I were you.

We go these same posts every offseason. Why, because this is what we do as Texans fans.

OptimisticTexan likes this.
  15. Mr teX

Mr teX Hall of Fame

Is it really so hard to understand why they can get away with that strategy? B/c they win...period. Without this KEY element I doubt they’d be doing this...hell they probably WOULDN’T want to do it b/c they’d be picking higher and thus have easier access to better talent in the draft.

where they’re usually picking, those picks are slightly less valuable than say a team with a top 10-15 pick. Don’t think they’d be trading back and “growing” their picks like that if they were picking higher in the rounds.

16. HaveMercy

HaveMercy Passing Through

I don't care what anybody says, I like Brian Gaine and think he'll do a really good job for the Texans. Time will tell if I'm right, that's for sure.

Of course there will be TT disagreements about every little move he makes or doesn't make. I expect that & just wish at least some of the discussion was based more on reasoning and less on name calling, rudeness, and insults. But that's just me, I guess. You know, we should be able talk like mature adults.

Plus, many so-called media experts (other than John McClain, whom I happen to enjoy) often like to run down the Texans, so I give them little creedence because they're coming from a place of anti-Houston and/or anti-Texans bias...and often knee-jerk copy-cat research. That's a broad brush statement, I know, and there are exceptions. I just wish there were more exceptions.

Until Gaine proves consistently undeserving, I am predisposed to give him the benefit of the doubt.

That's my plan. My mind is made up, my fingers are in my ears, and na na na na na na I can't hear you.

Joking, of course. My fingers aren't in my ears, but there may be wax build up.

Last edited: May 17, 2019
    Toro Bravo and dalemurphy like this.
  17. HaveMercy

HaveMercy Passing Through

Duplicate, apologies. I really tried...several times...to delete this.

Last edited: May 17, 2019
  18. infantrycak

infantrycak Admin & Mod Staff Member

Not sure why you come to a MB if all you want are happy, happy, joy, joy thoughts.

But by all means, the insufferably optimistic club was getting thin.

19. cuppacoffee

cuppacoffee Resident Grouch

20. steelbtexan

steelbtexan Hall of Fame

Agreed on the 1st part of the post.

2nd part of the post, you should read the media in Philly or New York if you want to see tough.

dalemurphy and HaveMercy like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.